I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Thats a huge difference and definitely something you need to get checked out... i really hope thats the issue causing all the problems cause its a cheap fix to replace the bearings and then you can keep your car with the new engine and enjoy it without vibrations!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Thats a huge difference and definitely something you need to get checked out... i really hope thats the issue causing all the problems cause its a cheap fix to replace the bearings and then you can keep your car with the new engine and enjoy it without vibrations!
lets hope!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
sounds like could be rubbing or something 0.o

Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Listen to this:

Consumer Affairs called me back today to say that they aren't sending a tech out to look at my car because they have already spent too much $$ on the issue and past engine. They talked to the ******** service manager at my dealer and he said they will not look at my car anymore for this issue. Listen to this "Dave the service manager said that those tires aren't the correct brand and type for your car" ARE YOU KIDDING ME. SO now they are blaming the tires and brand because they can't find the issue. This will be my last Infiniti i ever buy. This company is full of complete D Bags and morons.

I am about to drive my car right through that shitty dealership. Morons.

Spent too much money and that's my fault? How about you build a car that doesn't need a new engine before 65K...can't stand this company.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
^ i really feel your pain bro, its really sad the way they are treating you, they should have at least sent the tech to have a look at the car and IF it were your aftermarket parts(that i highly doubt) causing the problem then just tell you that its AM parts issue and we wont cover you and that way you know what to do next.

They did do a stand up thing by changing out your engine and could have really looked better had they just sent the tech in for a looksie... anyways i must admit taht you have the worst of luck with this car since most VQs are running solid with high mileages without any problems and no one at all here has that serious vibration problem where the drivers hand goes numb lol

I wont suggest you what to do next since i reckon you really are in no mood to keep this car anymore so trading in or selling it might be the best option for you rather than getting it fixed.

G/L and keep us posted.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ i really feel your pain bro, its really sad the way they are treating you, they should have at least sent the tech to have a look at the car and IF it were your aftermarket parts(that i highly doubt) causing the problem then just tell you that its AM parts issue and we wont cover you and that way you know what to do next.

They did do a stand up thing by changing out your engine and could have really looked better had they just sent the tech in for a looksie... anyways i must admit taht you have the worst of luck with this car since most VQs are running solid with high mileages without any problems and no one at all here has that serious vibration problem where the drivers hand goes numb lol

I wont suggest you what to do next since i reckon you really are in no mood to keep this car anymore so trading in or selling it might be the best option for you rather than getting it fixed.

G/L and keep us posted.

Car is getting looked at by a Nissan dealer down the road for free since i know the owner and service manager. Going to explain to the about the heat and go from there. If they can't fix it then yes it gets sold.

I am not the only one with problems with this service manager. He's the one who told me i couldn't get a loaner due to my age (22) when i had a loaner the week prior and had one 2 weeks ago.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM
^ ya i feel you, there is age discrimination for sure when it comes to loaners my cousin is always complaining about the same issue with lexus but he's 20 so....

Hope you get some good news, keep us posted, i really want this misery to end for you either way, getting it fixed or sold!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anton, is your right front brake pad wearing down faster than the left one? That might be an indication that there's a brake issue there. Also there are some DIYs on youtube for checking out whether your wheel bearing is wearing out. I know when I first bought my G this spring at 49k miles and took it to the Infiniti dealership for a used-car checkup, they replaced the right-front wheel bearing because it had gone out (and I hadn't noticed at all! must've thought it was just road noise) I'd also try driving around for a shorter time then take the temps to see if you can pinpoint where the excess heating is coming from.

Good luck man.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Ill take a look this weekend. Thanks all for help

Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Starting to notice the car is pulling to the right when taking hand off wheels. had an alignment done 4 months ago

You can't tell where the extra heat is coming from. Everything is from 20-40 and sometimes 50 deg higher....earlier today, right below the brake pad was 210..the other one was 155.... Rotor, pad, caliper..hell even the inside of the wheels..all higher temps. Feel like a fire is lit everything it is driven...hmm i really hope i am on to something..i really don't want to sell

Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
hopefully you find out what it is and get it fixed before something serious happens. good luck bro, be safe.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by norcalwdup1
hopefully you find out what it is and get it fixed before something serious happens. good luck bro, be safe.
I have been hoping something would snap one day so i know what the problem is...

Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I have been hoping something would snap one day so i know what the problem is...
just not when you're driving high-speeds? lol

Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i know sounds ghetto but ...
take your front right brake system out (calipers) i dont know if you can, but try to just zip tie it out of the way, and see if it shakes after that ....

you could take it out just make sure you plug the line and dont kill yourself testing it

if it doesnt shake anymore ... could either be your pads, or rotor.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by pricojorge
i know sounds ghetto but ...
take your front right brake system out (calipers) i dont know if you can, but try to just zip tie it out of the way, and see if it shakes after that ....

you could take it out just make sure you plug the line and dont kill yourself testing it

if it doesnt shake anymore ... could either be your pads, or rotor.
yeah...seems kinda ghetto...it goes in the shop one last time in 2 weeks. So either it gets fixed...keeping fingers crossed..or i trade it in there. I have so much more info to tell them about the heat so hopefully it will point them in the right direction. For now i am trying to not drive it on the highway if i don't have too.

Knowing my luck..it will be a brake problem/wheel bearing..and it won't fix the issue even after i spend more $$ on it..oh well i can only hope

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway