I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
If that is the case, maybe new tires/rims are in order. One reason I am a Michelin convert is that they balance very well. I think their manufacturing and quality control is tops!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
If that is the case, maybe new tires/rims are in order. One reason I am a Michelin convert is that they balance very well. I think their manufacturing and quality control is tops!
I will be ordering new rims and new tire probably next year

Just going to wait until the last possible mile to rotate the tires..i don't want the rears in the front at all

Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I resurfaced my rotors, changed my brake pads and rotated the tires and about 80% of the vibrations are gone. The guys who resurfaced the rotors they said they had to "deep resurface" them whatever that means. I thought id let you know maybe it will work for you

Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Well after a month or two of it being good it's somewhat back again. Happens on some parts of highway..then next part is smooth as could be. Has to be tires and or wheels right? I say this because when i had it bad for 5 seconds and goot for 5 seconds over and over and over.. i moved the fronts to the back and it went mostly to seat. I still had it in the wheel..but it was great a month ago. it seems as time goes on and the tire is wearing..it's getting worse. But that means it wouldn't be a wheel then..ahh

I am trying to save for new tires and wheels but have no clue when ill be able to afford it so for now..its back to getting a massage when i drive

I may bring it back to the shop that did a good job at balancing again. It's another $40 down the drain but ill take it for a month of smooth sailing.

Do any of you think that there is any chance it's the tranny or diffs? When i put it into neutral it still does it just as bad. And moving fronts to back made it better. If doing that changes the beast it has to be tires right!?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Or the wheels. Even if you're right, that the tires wearing down could be the culprit, it could also still mean the wheels. I forget, but didn't you also say the tires had been replaced?

I strongly urge you to find someone local who is willing to lend you a set of wheels/tires just to try on. Worst-case, do a try-before-you-buy deal with a local vendor.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike
Or the wheels. Even if you're right, that the tires wearing down could be the culprit, it could also still mean the wheels. I forget, but didn't you also say the tires had been replaced?

I strongly urge you to find someone local who is willing to lend you a set of wheels/tires just to try on. Worst-case, do a try-before-you-buy deal with a local vendor.
i am trying and yes..i replaced the shitty sumitomo with these...going with MXV4's when i have the $$

Old 06-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by soundmike

i am trying and yes..i replaced the shitty sumitomo with these...going with MXV4's when i have the $$

Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Becasue i have been driving for oh 5 months now with vibrations thoughout the car..what is going to wear fast due to this? Bearings? tie rods? everything? I really don't want to replace $2000 worth of parts in 5 months due to a stupid vibration i cant fix

Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I saw you talking about wheel bearings in another thread.
Did you ever get that completed and if so, did it help?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I saw you talking about wheel bearings in another thread.
Did you ever get that completed and if so, did it help?
I never replaced the bearings. I had my mechanic look at them 1 1/2 months ago and they were still fine and in his eyes had many many more miles left in them. I would rather put the wheel bearing $$ into new tires...again..and wheels. But still not sure yet as i don't know if new tires again would fix it..spedning $1500 on tires and wheels only to have it still vibrate would probally cause me to drive it off a cliff

But i have to do something soon. My commute on the highway is so crappy

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 06-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Well i think i have decided what to do. Going to buy new tires and brand new wheels. Looking to get MXV4's for about $850 an then i want to leave myself $750for wheels..Eaither 18's or 19's. Now i just need to find a set..

This is the only way to know if it's the tires..or in the drivetrain aka trans ect. If it's fixed..i a good...if not..car is getting sold or i will go from there

Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Well i think i have decided what to do. Going to buy new tires and brand new wheels. Looking to get MXV4's for about $850 an then i want to leave myself $750for wheels..Eaither 18's or 19's. Now i just need to find a set..
Sounds like a plan. And Michelin's in my experience, balance out very well. I think their manufacturing and quality control is top notch.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Sounds like a plan. And Michelin's in my experience, balance out very well. I think their manufacturing and quality control is top notch.
Thats what i hear..problem is now..i cant find a set of wheels i like..only ones i like are M45 wheels...and really cant find any...

Way home it didn't vibrate today...maybe it is just tires and not wheels then. If wheel was bent it would vibrate all the time..idk anymore lol

Just going to replace everything to fix this

Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Okay..i want to get MMR HR2 wheels..but it says staggared. I have an X so i cant do that...can i get them not staggared?

http://www.wheelplususa.com/wheels/M...d=61557&page=1

Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
you dont have to get staggered, you can get all 4 the same specs OR you could run staggered as some of the members here have done without any problems search for X staggered setup (but do at your own risk )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am running out of ideas of what my vibrations are caused by on highway