Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:31 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
love the dual intake look so sick

Old 08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just installed the Fujita intakes. I must say, it felt a little different, but it was hard to tell. Definately love how it sounds, not to mentio when I pop the hood to show people. Looks sick I agree!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully comes out in Black (Fujita).

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 PM
My technician told me "Do not install them".
He told me the original intake sucks the air from the grille.
But the modified intake will suck the air from the engine room.
The air in the engine is much more hotter than the air from the grille.
It's no good for the engine.
I am not sure is it correct or not about what he said.
Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by antibes
My technician told me "Do not install them".
He told me the original intake sucks the air from the grille.
But the modified intake will suck the air from the engine room.
The air in the engine is much more hotter than the air from the grille.
It's no good for the engine.
I am not sure is it correct or not about what he said.
Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks.
i think this is the exact reason Stillen engineered their intake with the box around it. The box makes sure that the air coming into the intake filter is as far from the block as possible and receives air from underneath and from the front. The rear and sides are blocked off. Much like the factory style i believe

Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
i think this is the exact reason Stillen engineered their intake with the box around it. The box makes sure that the air coming into the intake filter is as far from the block as possible and receives air from underneath and from the front. The rear and sides are blocked off. Much like the factory style i believe
and a mechanic told me (quite a few actually) that fresh air is rushing so fast under the hood, that i should not worry about sucking in hot air from the engine. They said the only time I would have to worry is if i leave the car idling for about 10 minutes in place on a hot day and then drive off. I will then notice a difference for about 10 seconds until that engine air is filtered out.

At the end of the day who the hell cares, i love the sound of it...and honestly the car isnt that fast regardless...intake or not.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
^^ I don't necessarily believe that. When an engine is hot the engine bay is hot. Yes when driving you will get a little circulation but it is still hot engine bay air. The stillen intake looks like the best bet with the heat sheilds and near stock placement, plus it has the rubber intake tubes rather than the metal fujitsu ones that inevitably will have heat soak. Even though the air is moving fast through the tube it still heats up. On the bright side they have a "bling" appeal

Personally I will not be putting one on my car to keep engine noise at a minimum. Like said before this car really isnt that fast, it is not slow with a 13.9 1/4 stock but I'll use my sports car to go fast, not my luxury car.

Last edited by imnotplutonium; 08-03-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
fujita states that if you are moving(driving) you will always get fresh air...you only really get hot air if you are at idle for long period than the engine bay gets very hot...but hey i just love the sound!!!!

Last edited by gama; 08-03-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by gama
fujita states that if you are moving(driving) you will always get fresh air...you only really get hot air if you are at idle for long period than the engine bay gets very hot...but hey i just love the sound!!!!

really? wow i wonder how they figured that out...they must have a specialized team of rocket scientist over there at FUJITA

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by logik05se
and a mechanic told me (quite a few actually) that fresh air is rushing so fast under the hood, that i should not worry about sucking in hot air from the engine. They said the only time I would have to worry is if i leave the car idling for about 10 minutes in place on a hot day and then drive off. I will then notice a difference for about 10 seconds until that engine air is filtered out.

At the end of the day who the hell cares, i love the sound of it...and honestly the car isnt that fast regardless...intake or not.

well I mean this argument is pointless because it's easily settled: compare dyno numbers for cars with stillen vs. fujita, if you want include those with exhaust.. as far as I know, numbers are close, very similar anyway, so this shows that the 'extra hot air' isnt having much of an effect..

I personally like the way the fujitas look better, and they're a bit cheaper so.. i'm still leaning towards fujita..

Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by rocaveli
well I mean this argument is pointless because it's easily settled: compare dyno numbers for cars with stillen vs. fujita, if you want include those with exhaust.. as far as I know, numbers are close, very similar anyway, so this shows that the 'extra hot air' isnt having much of an effect..
good point, it is going from a stock panel filter and box to a conical filter and less restrictive tubing that makes the power. apparently the air temp difference on these does not make a huge difference. I am sure the fujita gets hotter air but dyno's dont lie so either or. depends if you like a stock look or chrome.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
there you go the dynos show same numbers!!! 5-7 HP at wheels..thats what matters..stillen is stelth fujita is bling and less $$...you choose

Old 08-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by gama
there you go the dynos show same numbers!!! 5-7 HP at wheels..thats what matters..stillen is stelth fujita is bling and less $$...you choose

FOOO GEEEE TAAAAA

DOMO

Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's kinda like, I have the 18" wheels and you have the 17" wheels. They all turn in the same direction. Some look better, cost more, or less, and basically are subjected to the same crap. Ergo, I have the Fujita intakes, whereas you (general) might have the Stillen. Mine looks way better, might get a little hotter, and yours looks like, well, not like mine, and sounds a little different. However, I'm sure they both make roughly the same power, if any. It's basically all pointless ranting and complaining. I mean really, when Vortech or Stillen comes out with their superchargers, we'll be doing the same damn thing. Can't wait!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:09 PM
The 18" wheels will make the car go slower. Most likely more mass and will take more torque to turn.... well depending on the profile of the tire. For the sake of argument.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is the Intake worth it?