Stillen Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkG35Sport
I currently have 18K miles with the fujita intake and no dirt at all on the filter. Maybe it's due to my driving condition; however, I plan on just replacing the filters instead of cleaning them.
Probably because the dirt is going straight through the filters into the oil

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Virus
Probably because the dirt is going straight through the filters into the oil
LMAO!!!!! haha

Thats a thought..haha Ya, I was really close on wanting to install intakes.. but after all this talk, I think I prefer replacing the catback systems rather than the intakes.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 PM
anyone has Stillen exhaust system installed with stock intake pls.post up some vdo clips. I rally need to know how it produce the sound like? THX

Old 05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by earth0
anyone has Stillen exhaust system installed with stock intake pls.post up some vdo clips. I rally need to know how it produce the sound like? THX
JMN's car is stillen catback system without the intakes. Go to page 1 of this thread to hear it.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
JMN's car is stillen catback system without the intakes. Go to page 1 of this thread to hear it.
THX..Wes_888 . I have been told and read many info.Alot of people said that Stillen Exhuast will be quieter with Stock Intake...So i guest it's not true?
I try to push and find out more power from 306HP but(My Wife) doesn't like the louder of Stillen so i decided to keep and use the stock.Anyone sugesst which exhaust should i use in order to gain more power but quieter like stock.
BTW i've Short Tube Stillen Intake! lucky i choose not to sell my intake.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Does the Stillen catback exhaust mimick the sounds the G35 coupe makes on idle? or on low rpm ranges? any of you guys know? those who have it?

thx.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Does the Stillen catback exhaust mimick the sounds the G35 coupe makes on idle? or on low rpm ranges? any of you guys know? those who have it?

thx.
Sounds close but I'd def like to get an answer from someone who owns it. Video's are so hard to tell by.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Thrillryder23
Sounds close but I'd def like to get an answer from someone who owns it. Video's are so hard to tell by.
I hear ya!

Stillen catback owners out there... let us know!!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Dang that Stillen Exhaust sounds nice. I was curious though, How is the "loudness". Is it still very quiet in the cabin? Is there a significant difference in loudness w/ the stock exhaust vs. Stillen Cat-back?

Also if you buy the exhaust and intakes from stillen is there a need for a re-tune or anything? (Sorry if I sound like a nub. I dont know cars very well)

Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by tekieru
Dang that Stillen Exhaust sounds nice. I was curious though, How is the "loudness". Is it still very quiet in the cabin? Is there a significant difference in loudness w/ the stock exhaust vs. Stillen Cat-back?

Also if you buy the exhaust and intakes from stillen is there a need for a re-tune or anything? (Sorry if I sound like a nub. I dont know cars very well)
I was on the phone with a stillen sales rep earlier today, and he said the cabin is quiet. Its not annoying or droning. He said its similar to the g35 coupe sound. But when u start laying it down on the throttle, your gonna start hearing it :P

I have listened to the various exhaust mods out there.. and I personally like the stillen sound the best.

No retuning required... im almost certain on this.

Im 80% certain to pull the trigger on the stillen exhaust. I cant wait!! :P

Old 06-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Oh so if you floor the car then the sound really comes out?

That sounds good. I'm still debating if I wanna spend 1.5k on the exhaust and another 700 on the intakes?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Oh so if you floor the car then the sound really comes out?

That sounds good. I'm still debating if I wanna spend 1.5k on the exhaust and another 700 on the intakes?
Yes I would certainly think so. Im sure, when your above 3,000 rpm, your gonna start hearing it quite well, and when your FLOORING it, your definately gonna hear it BIG time. We hear it big time already with out stock system, let alone, if we put in the stillens...

Im not going to do the intakes, just the exhaust. I recall another member here mentioning that with the exhaust, your not really gonna hear the intakes no more(he had both in his car).. so.. thats almost silly to get the intakes as well. And if your argument is to get more "power", lots of ppl here are saying the power gains are negligible at best.. Maybe there is.. maybe there isnt..

but my goal is the sound.. and any "possible" HP gain is just bonus to me.

So ya.. Im hoping I can pull the trigger before this week is up.. I really want it =)

Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 AM
No my thing is def the sound. I fell in love w/ G35s when I first heard the coupe and 350zs. Just sexy! Anyway I'm sorry so the exhaust + intake = no difference in sound?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I was on the phone with a stillen sales rep earlier today, and he said the cabin is quiet. Its not annoying or droning. He said its similar to the g35 coupe sound. But when u start laying it down on the throttle, your gonna start hearing it :P

I have listened to the various exhaust mods out there.. and I personally like the stillen sound the best.

No retuning required... im almost certain on this.

Im 80% certain to pull the trigger on the stillen exhaust. I cant wait!! :P
Hey! i don't think that's true.I was using Stillen Exhaust-Cat System
and notice alot of noise inside the cabin so i decide to switch back to stock.
I'm now looking to change or mod the Y Pipe to H Pipe.
If you like the quiet..Don't change it!!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 AM
No my thing is def the sound. I fell in love w/ G35s when I first heard the coupe and 350zs. Just sexy! Anyway I'm sorry so the exhaust + intake = no difference in sound?
From what I have read before from other G's with this set up.. not much difference. Buts its better to ask them directly. My response is 2nd hand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Exhaust Installed