Injen Cold Air Intake For 07+ Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any increase of volume (the cars sound)

Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took the stock air box apart today out of curiosity, ... and the front end, ...and I may have been hiding in the garage. Anyway, I really like it. The air may be a little warm when you're sitting still but not while driving. The only thing I would improve is, perhaps, increasing the size of the penetration through the front structure. Or perhaps increase the box size for a larger filter. This would only be required if there was actually a limiting parameter. Overall I am pretty impressed; it looks really good. I would be surprised if you could get much useable hp by moving it. Maybe better dyno (stationary) hp. My 2 cents.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Is there any good audio clips yet of the sound of the car with the injen intake in and nothing else?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I did my install yesterday and I can say that it is a lot louder than stock when you get on the gas. If I have time this weekend I'll throw up a vid.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by maven808
I did my install yesterday and I can say that it is a lot louder than stock when you get on the gas. If I have time this weekend I'll throw up a vid.
Nice! Looking forward to it. Hey question though, how is the throttle response vs. stock?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Hmmm.... can't say for sure but I think I'm getting better response in the higher RPMs.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by maven808
Hmmm.... can't say for sure but I think I'm getting better response in the higher RPMs.
Thats what you're supposed to get, and mostly there is a MINOR loss in the lower RPMs

Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Does anyone know if the intake comes with a carb sticker?

Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
but is $500/~14hp worth it?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Regardless of all the arguments and disagreements, i can safely say that if you want to go aftermarket, then the Injen right now is the BEST intake for our cars, period! And once someone gets a before/after dyno of a bone stock car i'm pretty sure we'll see increase between ~7-10RWHP, which is nice for just an intake.
Does anyone else agree with the Injen being the best intake? I have heard the JWT pop charger is the way to go......

Thoughts?

Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 AM
^ ya i take that back, my intial review was when JWT had not realesed their intakes for the G35 thus making Injen best as per their "CLAIM" of 14hp gain.

But after reading real reviews and dyno's form myg37.com for both JWT and injen, JWT wins the rac of being the best intake on the market. JWT Dynoed 6.5-10WHP gain, while injen topped out at about 4whp... not good!

Anyways considering the money, power, install and sound, JWT FTW!!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 AM
^ ya itake that back, my intial review was per their "CLAIM" of 14hp gain but after reading real reviews and dyno's form myg37 for both JWT and injen, JWT wins the rac of being the best intake on the market. JWT Dynoed 6.5-10WHP gain, while injen topped out at about 4whp... not good!

the JWT doesnt look much different from a regular short intake cept for the little shield to block out engine warm air.

where did you see the dyno at? I want to read on this..i thought the injen might of resulted in bigger gains.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ ya i take that back, my intial review was when JWT had not realesed their intakes for the G35 thus making Injen best as per their "CLAIM" of 14hp gain.

But after reading real reviews and dyno's form myg37.com for both JWT and injen, JWT wins the rac of being the best intake on the market. JWT Dynoed 6.5-10WHP gain, while injen topped out at about 4whp... not good!

that's false information about the injen topping out at 4whp on the dyno. if you read carefully on the g37 forums, the person who listed that dyno (the same person I bought my intake from) had all the bolt-ons on her car already. she started at 299 whp and after injen it went to 303whp...i'm not sure about you, but most know you can't just add hp with bolt-ons. the dyno numbers you got about the jwt popcharger was from someone with ONLY the jwt popcharger...of course you'll see bigger gains when comparing a g37 with only pop charger to a g37 with every bolt-on including the injen...

Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
^ i know that you cannot add hp numbers and i never said that so i dont see how you're taking comments of G37 drivers and trying to put them on me.

On g37driver.com you will see STOCK injen dyno with 5.5whp , and a guy who got so dissappointed with the results he started making excuses, regardless injen is suffering from heatsoak as there is no air coming in from where they are located in the bumper, thus guys cutting into their bumper vents etc to get them some air, one guy got water on his filter so he switched out to avoid any hydrolock.

I am not taking sides but just sheding light on my opinion considering cons and pros of either filter helps JWT be better in MY OPINION as the JWT uses the stock air passage which is in front of the radiator which allows cooler air to come in without heatsoak, and no risk of hydrolock, easier install and good sound thats my reasoning for liking JWT better.

Thats my OPINON and ADVICE and hope we dont start a theard like in myg37 where ppl started bashing each other over results.... so all cool here.

EDIT: Link to STOCK injen Dyno 6whp I am just upset with injen about lying about the results and then making ppl spend over $500 to get 6whp on STOCK while claiming 14whp, u should atleast get 10... oh injen why???

Last edited by kool_yaar; 07-28-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 559MostWanted
the JWT doesnt look much different from a regular short intake cept for the little shield to block out engine warm air.

where did you see the dyno at? I want to read on this..i thought the injen might of resulted in bigger gains.
it doesn't?

here's what I said in the other post:

one major difference the JWT has that the others don't... you can compare tube lengths to plastic to this and that but we all agree the stock intake is pretty good. However, there is one way you can increase flow and velocity, therefore adding power and it's by using a venturi to flow and speed up the incoming air charge.

using the venturi is much more favorable than a plain cut off piece of pipe. i have yet to see another mfg that has this venturi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen Cold Air Intake For 07+ Sedan