The Fast Intentions exhaust sale!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so that means 10hp and 5ft-lbs from both cat-back and hfc?

Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those numbers are very respectable considering this is only a 2.25" exhaust system. We knew going in to this that we would gain less by going with 2.25" opposed to 2.5".

This exhaust system is specifically designed to give you improved sound, asthetics, and performance. I have no doubt that if this exhaust system is built in 2.5" it will DRONE inside the cabin. When designing it we had to keep in mind that this is a sedan, not a coupe. With that said, the majority of the market that own this car want it quiet on the inside. This is one of the most important factors that played a part in the design process.

Another reason we opted to go 2.25" opposed to the 2.5" was low end torque. We knew that most of the sedans have automatic transmissions. Low end torue loss tends to be more of a factor. We felt the trade off for a few horsepower up top was not worth the low end torque loss that might of occured.

However, with a ECU reflash from Technosquare I would expect these numbers to be somewhere in the 30-35 HP range!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Are you still interested? Let me know...

Thanks,
Tony

Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm pleased with the results. As many people on here have said the G35 comes pretty well equipped. Bolting on an exhaust and getting 10hp is good. The guys at the shop were impressed. I'm sure this will vary car-to-car but I thought some actual results would be useful.

Also, look at the low end increase in tq. It's nearly 20 ft-lbs over stock. The 5 ft lbs is only peak-to-peak. Hp shows a greater difference at both the low and high rpm ranges as well.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I wish I could hear one of these systems in person.

I really want the catback w/ HFC setup, but I'm afraid of losing the quiet interior sound. From the vids online, it's loud inside the cabin, but I can't go by vids.
I'm trying to find someone sorta local so I can hear this in person.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Those numbers are very respectable considering this is only a 2.25" exhaust system. We knew going in to this that we would gain less by going with 2.25" opposed to 2.5".

This exhaust system is specifically designed to give you improved sound, asthetics, and performance. I have no doubt that if this exhaust system is built in 2.5" it will DRONE inside the cabin. When designing it we had to keep in mind that this is a sedan, not a coupe. With that said, the majority of the market that own this car want it quiet on the inside. This is one of the most important factors that played a part in the design process.

Another reason we opted to go 2.25" opposed to the 2.5" was low end torque. We knew that most of the sedans have automatic transmissions. Low end torue loss tends to be more of a factor. We felt the trade off for a few horsepower up top was not worth the low end torque loss that might of occured.

However, with a ECU reflash from Technosquare I would expect these numbers to be somewhere in the 30-35 HP range!
I agree, any louder would probably be too much for normal driving. My wife is also pleased with the sound which is a strong statement. I also agree that the change in the A/F ratio indicates more gains to be had with some re-mapping of the ECU.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I wish I could hear one of these systems in person.

I really want the catback w/ HFC setup, but I'm afraid of losing the quiet interior sound. From the vids online, it's loud inside the cabin, but I can't go by vids.
I'm trying to find someone sorta local so I can hear this in person.
With the cat back I think the interior noise resonance is next to none. As far as the HFC's go, it all depends if you have a 6MT or an automatic. With a 6MT it is suprisingly quiet. With an automatic it will be slightly louder.

I can't say weather it would be to loud or not. Sound is subjective and to each his/her own...

Tony

Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Are you still interested? Let me know...

Thanks,
Tony
Yea I'm still interested...just waiting on some money to come through my way right now...thought everything would be worked out last Thursday....but people suck. I'll get to you before the sale is over, things have been real hectic with school starting back up and moving into a new place...I haven't forgotten about this exhaust though

Old 08-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Tony... what do you personally think would yield a better sound?
I'm also curious which would yield better HP/TQ stats...

I'm looking for a deeper tone that is quiet upon normal driving conditions but turns heads and sounds like hell's fury when I floor it.

Do you suggest running with FI HFC's on the stock system, or running a cat-back with the stock cats? I have an auto and I'm a little worried about interior noise.

To give you an idea of my limits, I like the sound of the Stillen Cat-Back, but I'm a little worried about interior drone and I also won't give those thieves my money.

Thoughts?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm looking for a deeper tone that is quiet upon normal driving conditions but turns heads and sounds like hell's fury when I floor it.
Based on this ... I think you'd be happy with FI cat back only. You can always add HFCs later if it's too quiet for you.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Thanks to everyone for all of the new orders!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yea I'm still interested...just waiting on some money to come through my way right now...thought everything would be worked out last Thursday....but people suck. I'll get to you before the sale is over, things have been real hectic with school starting back up and moving into a new place...I haven't forgotten about this exhaust though

No problem, we are here when you are ready. Spread the word though, the sale will be over Sunday September 21st. (End of summer)

Old 08-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Tony... what do you personally think would yield a better sound?
I'm also curious which would yield better HP/TQ stats...

Do you suggest running with FI HFC's on the stock system, or running a cat-back with the stock cats? I have an auto and I'm a little worried about interior noise.

To give you an idea of my limits, I like the sound of the Stillen Cat-Back, but I'm a little worried about interior drone and I also won't give those thieves my money.

Thoughts?
From what you have described, our cat back will fit you perfectly. It will not be to loud either inside that car or outside. However, when you stab the throttle it will wake up.

Now if you feel the metallic high flow cats might be a little too loud, we can make a set of ceramic cats. They look the same from the exterior however, they are different on the inside. It is a ceramic honeycomb style brick that is an upgraded version of your OEM cat. They will make more power then stock, clean better, and increase sound. They will be quieter then the metallic cats! This is just another option left open for you. Here is picture of the two cats side by side. In both pictures the ceramic is on the left and the metallic is on the right.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Alright, damn it!.... I'm in.
How long do I have to get some coin together before this opportunity is history?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Alright, damn it!.... I'm in.
How long do I have to get some coin together before this opportunity is history?
You have until September 21 ...hopefully I can have it installed before then

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Fast Intentions exhaust sale!!!