Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by earth0

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Ieatrocks
Why is it a waste of money? It provides more usable horsepower through the middle of the rpm range. Atleast according to the dyno chart on k&n's site.
Have you ever read mine post.BESIDE? I did't said it's all waste.If you decided to go with aftermkt intake mine idea would go with 3G Stillen,Injen Cai and JWT.
Try do your search and look on many post on G37.They have using aftermkt intake morethan our site and more dyno too. Also in G35NYC site..read on mostly G37driver said and come back here!!!

BTW Don't you see the snoggle on your G bro.??

Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Have you ever read mine post.BESIDE? I did't said it's all waste.If you decided to go with aftermkt intake mine idea would go with 3G Stillen,Injen Cai and JWT.
Try do your search and look on many post on G37.They have using aftermkt intake morethan our site and more dyno too. Also in G35NYC site..read on mostly G37driver said and come back here!!!

BTW Don't you see the snoggle on your G bro.??

I can barely interpret your broken English. I was just saying that as I see it, the K&N makes more "usable" torque.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ieatrocks
I can barely interpret your broken English. I was just saying that as I see it, the K&N makes more "usable" torque.
atleast mine broken english still driving the G like you and maybe pay more tax too.Don't ya think?
lo!!!

Oh,just realized..you just 17 and you're the kids with daddy car..right?

Last edited by earth0; 02-03-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
atleast mine broken english still driving the G like you and maybe pay more tax too.Don't ya think?
lo!!!

Oh,just realized..you just 17 and you're the kids with daddy car..right?
Yep. Only when daddy dearest lets me though...

pause...

Not. I may be younger but you're the one that needs to grow up. Good day sir.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 PM
pics???

Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm debating whether or not to put an intake on my G when I get it. I LOVE my intake on my RSX. Is there a noticeable difference at cruising speed in volume with and without the intake?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
w/the K&N's, there's no difference in sound while just cruising.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Smile

I just installed the K&N Typhoon on my '08 G35 Sedan and it took about two hours from un-boxing the system, to taking a test drive. I took my time to make sure everything was perfect. I found one on Ebay, brand new, for $365 shipped. The install was a breeze and the quality of this product is top notch.

Results = I couldn't be happier! The intake "growl" sounds amazing. I cannot get over how much power this V6 has! I had thought about aftermarket exhaust, but now am thinking I just need a drop and some rims as the noise that this intake makes is perfect. Not too subtle, but noticeable letting others know, that this is a sport sedan. The intake sounds awesome at WOT, which isn't too often, as by the time you get the pedal close to the floor your already doing 60 mph in no time. I am very pleased with this system. Right now I’m waiting for my ECU to recognize the difference, to see if I notice a mpg fuel increase. I've only put on 30 miles, with the intake on. It seems that the car response has increased, but that could be in my head. I love my G35!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM
What is the difference in the K&N over the others. To my understanding, there is nothing better than the oem intake on our model Gs. Most of the other after market intake changes the sound and that is about it. There is no proof that they increase HP. Reading K&N they are saying approx 8HP gain at 5300. how is theirs any different than the others?
Our OEM grabs cold air from the front of the veh right behind the grill. Forced clean air, you can not get better than this. Most others have filters trapped under the hood with lots of heat etc.... The only other I see as good as oem would be Stillen long intake. It runs the filters also right behind the grill. I just put a set of K&N filters in and called it the day on this issue.
Please explain....I just don not understand how this can be better than what you already had?
By no means am I saying there was no HP gains on your G, just trying to understand the concept.
Thoughts?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
I appreciate your response. Working on cars is one of my many hobbies. And working on my car, either adding components or just doing maintenance gives me great enjoyment. I understand your confusion on why anyone would install an aftermarket intake, when the current stock intake system, functions perfectly well. My first intensions were to leave it all stock and drop some K&N Air Filters in the stock air boxes. I would never need to purchase an air filter again. Then I saw the Z-Tubes and that would allow more air flow and a little bit of “noise” to the car. Total cost around $250 and the engine would look sleek, yet stock. This would also be less money spent rather than the K&N Typhoon system. I was set on this idea, but thought that I should explore all my options.

So I then looked at aftermarket intakes. True, the Stillen Gen 3 long intake would probably be the best cold air intake. But, I opted not to purchase that, as I would be driving all year long in all types of weather. And I didn’t like the idea of the air filters being capable of getting wet. I also looked at the pop charger. This system would be very similar to the K&N Typhoon. But I am very familiar with the K&N intake systems and I know the quality is superb and the installation is well thought out and tested. I have had three different K&N intake systems on three, very different personal vehicles and have never been disappointed or displeased. So spending an extra $100 on a system that I know will look very nice, give better performance (dyno proven), and gives my car an extra personalization was worth it to ME. The K&N came with some heat shields that definitely won’t keep the heat totally off of the filter, but will help, as I also left the stock air tubes that run from behind the grill to help push fresh air to the filters. Another nice bonus was that the K&N tubes match my paint almost perfectly. It looks very nice under the hood. I will have to wait and see if there are any advantages to the K&N system from stock, such as performance and increased fuel economy. But from past experiences I have seen both. I apologize as I sound like a K&N salesman butI have no ties or anything to do with K&N. I have just been very pleased with their product and service. And right now after having installed the K&N intake system, the $365 was worth it to me, just for the engine sound. That may sound stupid to some, but I drive this car everyday and I want to enjoy every minute of it.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
The engine bay looks real nice and clean. It appears we have the same G colors also. I do appreciate and would enjoy hearing your feed back once you conclude if you gain any HP, gas mileage or not. I am very much concern also about the filters getting wet. I was content with just going with a Hypertech tune, grounding kit, K&N filters an a after market exhaust. Now you got me thinking again. I live down here in south Louisiana, it rains A LOT and its part of every day driving down here!!
Let us know your thoughts after a few more days.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks. I'll keep you all updated as this is the type of information I was looking for when purchasing an intake. I do about 35 miles highway / 10 miles city weekdays.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
It's been a while since installing the intakes. To be honest, I didn't drive the car enough prior to installing the air intake system to notice a difference in MPG. I've been all over the place in regards to MPG, since I could not stop driving agressively in the newly discovered DS and manual mode. (I really miss a manual transmission!) I have been anywhere from 19 MPG to 23 MPG between fill ups. So was the intake purchase worth it. You bet! When you get on it, the exhaust note is PERFECT! Quiet at idle and loud at WOT. I just wish I had a manual. WTF was I thinking getting an Automatic! Hope this helps someone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N Typhoon Intake 08 g35