K&N Typhoon Intake 08 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N Typhoon Intake 08 g35

So I finally got this intake and had it installed. I've never had much experience with aftermarket intakes - just my old FX's incredible stock growl.

This intake is unbelievable. The sound it produces is monstrous at WOT. It brings the engine to such life. When your maybe hitting the pedal a little less and getting it up to 4-5000rpms the intake still sounds incredible with such a sporty yet aggressive growl.

I'm not sure I notice a real difference in power but I definitely didn't lose any. If anything I really feel it continue to breath during its peak and that gives it a nice extra boost because I definitely noticed how I can reach about 45mph in 1st gear WOT when I used to only be able to reach 40. Maybe that's just my imagination but either way the looks and sound of this justify the price. If there really is any extra power then awesome.

Back to the sound. Under WOT this thing is unbelievably loud - almost way too loud for my own liking but definitely something I will learn to enjoy. Can't imagine what its like to have massive exhaust systems put on these cars.

BTW - still have that brand new Stillen long tube gen 2 intake if anyone wants it.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice! congrats!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
im happy you like yours....i know i def like mine!! The sound that these intakes make is just straight up mean. I'm just waiting to see how the R2C filters perform then maybe swap those for the K&N's.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
so why'd you get the K&N Typhoon when you had the Stillen Gen 2?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Defratos
so why'd you get the K&N Typhoon when you had the Stillen Gen 2?

They both got ordered at the same time. It was a bit of a mixup involving my own idiocy and impatience. The stillen was my 2nd choice because I figured the sound would be as close to the K&N as possible but I ordered it under the pretense that the K&N was on backorder. I found the K&N maybe a day later for a much better price and ordered it. I called to try and cancel the order but the shop who ordered it for me took a few days to cancel it and ended up being too late for a return. Like I said - it was my own impatience.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Where did you order the K&N from if you don't mind me asking? I think I'm going to pick one up soon.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I actually had to order it from ebay after a few stores fell through. However, I believe Andy at hpautoworks.com is getting the first shipment from K&N once they are off backorder which should be in a week or two. He'll give you the best price to - great guy.

Another update - I believe my ECU has finally completely adjusted to the intake and after driving with it for maybe 100 or so miles I have a better more clear description of the power.

-You definitely gain power in the midrange. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm feeling a nice noticeable power increase during the midrange RPMs. The power increase can definitely be felt throughout the entire power band but more so in the midrange which is exactly what I was looking for. The g35 is a great car but with stock components it really did feel a tad bit underpowered sometimes with not enough kick and pull. Don't get me wrong its extremely powerful but you could definitely always feel the potential for more and that potential is fully realized with this intake.

Like I said I have no experience with other aftermarket intakes - maybe the gen3 stillen is much better but for now I'm completely content with this intake and the sound and performance increase it has given me.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
any dyno results from K&N for this intake on a stock G?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Nevermind... website states 8.13whp at about 5900 rpms... I wonder if installing an aftermarket intake negates that "ram air" effect that infiniti claims with their stock intake...

Is this truly a "cold" air intake... seems like it's just sucking in warm engine air... stillen gen 3 seems more like a true CAI system

Old 02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
by removing the stock intake i would imagine that the ram air effect is gone. although as claimed it gives 4hp at 60mph.. nothing substantial to talk about.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Anyone with a dyno want to post results? The K&N dyno looks incomplete.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine idea is beside CAI from Stillen 3g,Injen CAI and JWT PopC. is STOCK!!!!!!!
Don't waste money!!!! IMO.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Kul already posted dyno for the K&N i believe you should be able to search it out

Old 02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by earth0
Mine idea is beside CAI from Stillen 3g,Injen CAI and JWT PopC. is STOCK!!!!!!!
Don't waste money!!!! IMO.
Why is it a waste of money? It provides more usable horsepower through the middle of the rpm range. Atleast according to the dyno chart on k&n's site.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
where does the stock intake suck in air from .. where's the "snorkel" location ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N Typhoon Intake 08 g35