Cobb tuning is ready!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
My dealer here has the records for everything on my car. I can't believe they don't have a ECU number registered for you :S

Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
that just BS right there!! no need to take car to a dealer for them to pull off the ECU code! they have all the info in thier system as long as you give them your VIN Number!! Call rick @ riverside Infiniti. he gave me mines, same with my local dealer, no need to take car down there! That is just nuts or the people working at your dealer do not know what they are doing? Unless Dubai has some other way?
Well I would say that people at the dealership don't know much about anything really. I mean I've given them my car 3 times since I've bought it for servicing, and all they've done is oil and filter change, they never even looked at other parts which may need replacing due to wear and tear. I found out I needed new breaks when I was on the motorway and had to slam down on the breaks and nothing happened, the car just keep on moving, which lead me to drive like a lunatic (had to switch 3 lanes of traffic in quick secession) in order not hit any other cars. That's when I found out I need new brakes, I mean this is something very dangerous and I'm used to dealing with car dealerships in the UK. In the UK they'll even go as far and tell me how much thread I have left on all four tyres and they'll ask if I want to replace them.

Honestly if any of you have lived or worked in Saudi you'll know what type of people and work ethic I have to deal with, people here do not care about their jobs, hell they don't care about much really which is why I never trust what people tell me first time.

I would call Rick, but do you really think he'll have my ECU code? I mean my car was manufactured in Japan and sold in the middle East, I'd be surprised if he has the database of every Infinti manufactured?

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
My dealer here has the records for everything on my car. I can't believe they don't have a ECU number registered for you :S
Well we really cannot compare GCC countries to Saudi now c'mon. Most GCC countries are like millions of years ahead in terms of service, punctuality and simplicity. Here they're retarded, more retarded and very Dim at best.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I can't believe this is finally here. Thanks for posting up.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
PGR
i asked someone about the ecu code

and he told me ... you have to give them your chassie code and they will know everything about your car

Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
any updates??

Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Seriously, has no one ordered this yet? I'm very curious how this has turned out.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:27 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
lol I would have been one of the first if Cobb didn't burst my bubble, now they sent me another e-mail saying "The AccessPORT is only able to recognize the North American G35 ECU. It will not work with your vehicle. Sorry for the bad news" as if having to find my ECU number wasn't bad enough. If anyone does try this kit I'd really like to know

Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On COBB's forums, I posted and asked to make sure this is out for our sedans, Got a reply "YES IT IS". So thats the good news, but he said it's only readily available right now for 2007 G35 Sedan ECU's! Since they still have a few more 2008 Sedan ECU's to do still. Plus this uses the same Tuner as the G37. so it's the same programmer for the sedans.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Defratos

I would call Rick, but do you really think he'll have my ECU code? I mean my car was manufactured in Japan and sold in the middle East, I'd be surprised if he has the database of every Infinti manufactured?

Well we really cannot compare GCC countries to Saudi now c'mon. Most GCC countries are like millions of years ahead in terms of service, punctuality and simplicity. Here they're retarded, more retarded and very Dim at best.
Yes, Rick hss access to Infiniti's entire VIN database, regardless of what country the car was produced for, so just call or e-mail him with your VIN number and he will sendyou your ECU number... FYI, any Infiniti dealer should be able to do thisfor you too.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Incidentally, why would you want to wait for the Cobb tuning when you can get the UpRev Osiris tune for our cars right now.

I just had my car reflashed with the Osiris software this weekend at GT Motorsports, but didn't have time for the final dyno tune, which will take apx 3 - 4 hours. I plan to bring it back in a week or two for the final tune, and will post my results after that.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by san~man
GD $700 bucks for a "30 (optimistic)" HP gain? 580 bucks on my 3 gets 80-100WHP
That's because your "3" is FI! You cheat!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
That's because your "3" is FI! You cheat!
Very soon they'll have OBD port flash tunes available. I think I have to take the plunge when they do.

I wish you could hear the exhaust on my 3....it's GLORIOUS. Eisenmann Race full system (sections 1,2 and 3)

See my rim thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Nice! I miss my M3's fabulous exhaust sound! PM me some sound clips if you've got them, San.

Hopefully my G will be FI by the end of the year... GTM was pushing me hard when I was there getting my reflash over the weekend.

FYI... Oriris already offers "e-tunes" for our cars, which are preprogrammed OBD port flashes that they e-mail to you, so you can download them yourself. This is cool, but I prefer to get a custom tune done on a dyno where the tune is done specifically for my car and mods... I'm already seeing 18 - 20 HP gains with the reflash and they haven't even started on the custom tune yet.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice! I miss my M3's fabulous exhaust sound! PM me some sound clips if you've got them, San.

Hopefully my G will be FI by the end of the year... GTM was pushing me hard when I was there getting my reflash over the weekend.

FYI... Oriris already offers "e-tunes" for our cars, which are preprogrammed OBD port flashes that they e-mail to you, so you can download them yourself. This is cool, but I prefer to get a custom tune done on a dyno where the tune is done specifically for my car and mods... I'm already seeing 18 - 20 HP gains with the reflash and they haven't even started on the custom tune yet.
I've never took a vid of the exhaust yet, maybe when I'm off the weekends again.

How does that Osiris tune load, from their handheld?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
'm already seeing 18 - 20 HP gains with the reflash and they haven't even started on the custom tune yet.
Is that with the K&N and the Berk HFCS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cobb tuning is ready!!!!!