Idle RPM drop??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 04:23 PM
like terry said the new ecu do it for you but if you wanna speed up the process theres no harm, however i recommend using the proper reset procedure with the acc pedal instead of battery, thats just MY opinion to keep things right.

Old 04-23-2009 | 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
like terry said the new ecu do it for you but if you wanna speed up the process theres no harm, however i recommend using the proper reset procedure with the acc pedal instead of battery, thats just MY opinion to keep things right.
Is there a sticky for that procedure? Or could you say it real quick here of the top of your head

Old 04-23-2009 | 02:33 PM
THere is a post somewhere, and you have to be really accurate in order to get the paddle one down. I would write what I remember But I'll try to find the post, because if you're slightly off you're going to be down in the car for like 30 mins doing nothing but turning your car on and off.

Old 04-23-2009 | 04:57 PM
|
copied and pasted a long time ago>>

press the ignition twice without pressing the brake pedal to get to the "ON" mode(without the car starting)

count three seconds

floor the gas pedal and release 5 times within 5 seconds from beginning to end

count 7 seconds

hold the gas pedal to the floor for 10seconds to begin the code reading part(flashing checkenginelight).............continue to hold the pedal down without releasing for another 10seconds(20secs total) and the check engine light will stop flashing and steadily illuminate.

at that point press the brake pedal and start the car. let it run for atleast 20seconds.

Old 04-24-2009 | 01:24 PM
I brought my car into the dealership to address the fluctuating idle (& rattling driver's seat). (For anyone w/the same problem, I swore the annoying tapping sound that I heard for the longest time eminated from the center console, but I discovered it was actually the driver's seat. I tested it by shaking the seat side to side: driver seat - tapping noise; passenger seat - silent.) The service rep said they out of the ~20 cars to which they applied the sensitive throttle TSB, 2 to 3 of them reported the fluctuating idle problem afterwards. BTW, I was just looking at the FSM (EC-18) and noticed that there's a procedure called "Idle Air Volume Learning" that requires the CONSULT tool. I assume that's what they're going to do.

Idle Air Volume Learning is a function of ECM to learn the idle air volume that keeps engine idle speed within the specific range. It must be performed under any of the following conditions:
• Each time electric throttle control actuator or ECM is replaced.
• Idle speed or ignition timing is out of specification.

On a side note, the service rep now knows me since I've taken my car in so many times. hahah

trip 1) heated seat and moonroof finisher TSB's
trip 2) cruise control TSB and i-key replacement campaign
trip 3) turn signal would intermittently not work - dealer replaced turn signal switch
trip 4) steering wheel would not telescope in/out - dealer replaced entire steering column
trip 5) sensitive throttle TSB
trip 6) fluctuating idle and rattling driver's seat

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 04-24-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2009 | 12:35 AM
was a solution ever found? I'm having the same problem but with my g35 coupe.

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:35 AM
Just a note to everyone, I had the same problems (where my engine would shutter when I barely pushed the gas from a stop). It drove me nuts. I got a K&N intake and it seemed to go away for a few weeks, but it came back. (I had reset my ECU when installing the K&N). I then got the bullydog powerpup and reprogrammed my vehicle with their maps. I havn't had the problem since I did this. (It's been roughly a month now). Also you can increase your idle speed using the powerpup (although Infiniti should be able to do this to the stock vehicles). Just a thought as to what it might be. (I bet its the air learning system) Since BullyDog puts their own map in I bet their map doesn't have the problem.

Old 05-14-2009 | 02:30 AM
Update on my car:

Three days ago i started my car went for 10-15 min drive. I reached my destination turn the car off.I came back 45 mins later started the car and it died right away! Once i hit the ignition button the car started normally for two seconds, then it started jerking for another 2-3 seconds and it turn off.

I waited 2 mins started the car again and everything was normal even the jerk went away until i drove back home.

Yesterday on my way to work someone bumped me from the back and messed up my back bumper. Im taking the car to the stealership sometime next week to fix the bumper, and i will tell em about the issue again and maybe this is the 10th time, But this time im not taking the car from them until they fix my issue.

If no action was taken i will write an email to the INFINITI head quarters in the GCC. which i hope they will help me out.

Jack090: Good to hear that bullydog has solved your problem. Im thinking of ordering the module, however as q8y drifter has mentioned in another thread, my car is GCC spec is bullydog compatible with GCC SPEC G35??!!

Old 05-14-2009 | 12:20 PM
UPDATE

So I turned my car in on Saturday for the "idle relearning".

BLAH....it still stutters and hesitates while sitting at stop signs or lights. Previously it would start up and die suddenly like the fella above described but it hadnt done that for quite some time.

Point is....whatever they said they did to fix it, DIDNT.

Old 05-14-2009 | 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bahg35
Update on my car:

Three days ago i started my car went for 10-15 min drive. I reached my destination turn the car off.I came back 45 mins later started the car and it died right away! Once i hit the ignition button the car started normally for two seconds, then it started jerking for another 2-3 seconds and it turn off.

I waited 2 mins started the car again and everything was normal even the jerk went away until i drove back home.

Yesterday on my way to work someone bumped me from the back and messed up my back bumper. Im taking the car to the stealership sometime next week to fix the bumper, and i will tell em about the issue again and maybe this is the 10th time, But this time im not taking the car from them until they fix my issue.

If no action was taken i will write an email to the INFINITI head quarters in the GCC. which i hope they will help me out.

Jack090: Good to hear that bullydog has solved your problem. Im thinking of ordering the module, however as q8y drifter has mentioned in another thread, my car is GCC spec is bullydog compatible with GCC SPEC G35??!!
I would call their tech support. (you get to talk to a live person) and ask them about yours. They can at least research it for you, and give you a response back.

Old 05-14-2009 | 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
I would call their tech support. (you get to talk to a live person) and ask them about yours. They can at least research it for you, and give you a response back.

Will do, Thanks for the info....

Old 05-28-2009 | 02:57 AM
exactly the same happens here , I took my car to dealer , they could not duplicate the problem , so they did nothing , 08 G35S with 23Kmiles has this problem for 2 months .

Old 06-10-2009 | 10:53 AM
Bully Dog DEFINITELY fixes this problem...AND it netted me about 15 exta hp according to before and after dynolicious runs on my iphone.

Old 06-12-2009 | 10:32 AM
mine ended up being a broken resonator portion of the intake tube after the MAF sensor. it would leak air depending on what position the resonator was dangling around in. replcaed it and good as new.

Old 06-19-2009 | 12:01 PM
Q8y_drifter i got the same problem and i don't know how to solve it, did that thing work for you??

Albabtain is a $h!tty dealer, my car spent around 1 month their garage trying to solve a whistle sound coming from the front window while driving at 80/km and above, they didn't solve it, i changed the whole front window when it got badly damaged by a flying road debri.
2nd time my car spent 3 weaks in their work shop trying to fix a rattle sound coming from the center council and they failed, i still got the sound, the car is like **** and i think half of the screws are lose.
3rd of all i have this problem after i got my car in 4 months maybe, and i still have it and they don't know how to fix it, any help would be great.

I should've listened to my father when he said Albabtain is the $h!ttiest dealer in Kuwait and bought a Lexus .
Which i'm going to do in the near future.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 06-19-2009 at 04:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Idle RPM drop??