Fast intentions vs Borla

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
the tips are one of the things that help out with the sound being so mellow(along with the magnaflow x) and take out any form of raspyness. Sebring's tips are double walled and resonated as well.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wreaks
He definitely still sells direct. I ordered my custom catback from him yesterday. Different tips and flat black mufflers.
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Wow. Didn't know you could custom order--about the only think I don't like are the tips. I think Stillen's tips are great.
Yeah you can definitely directly order from Tony and get a custom exhaust built.
I ordered my exhaust a few weeks back and I'm going with custom mufflers and tips (similar to the Tanabe tips).

Originally Posted by Austin713
the tips are one of the things that help out with the sound being so mellow(along with the magnaflow x) and take out any form of raspyness. Sebring's tips are double walled and resonated as well.
Well that's true regarding the Sebring tips but you can get other tips (similar to the Tanabe and Stillen) that are also double walled and resonated.
The tips I chose are both double walled and resonated and Tony assured me that I'd be more than happy with them.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Fast Intentions are the best!

my video when I was NA, fully built with 11:1 compression / cams / all boltons:

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why no Stillen love? haha

Go FI for sure, as it seems you've decided. Everyone seems to be happy with their FI and I've heard tons of good things about them.

Good luck with the overseas stuff!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
^

Stillen is nice but I don't like the fact that it is too quiet.... just my difference in taste

Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by seung012
^

Stillen is nice but I don't like the fact that it is too quiet.... just my difference in taste
I think you may have them confused. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that for the 07+ sedans the Stillen is louder (and more droney) than the FI

Old 06-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i wud go for stillen if they JUST provide power as much as FI do !

Old 06-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Glover997
i wud go for stillen if they JUST provide power as much as FI do !
IMO you're doing a lot of nitpicking about "power". No matter which one you go with, FI, Borla, or Stillen you're gonna get about the same power. You won't notice 2 or 3 HP difference. Honestly, you may not even notice the 10 HP difference from the exhaust in the first place.

I got my exhaust for the sound 1st and the look 2nd. Honestly bragging rights about the exhaust is third and power is probably last. Don't get an exhaust hoping to make your car feel a lot faster - you'll be terribly disappointed.

Choose based on which sounds the best, looks the best, and by price if thats an issue

Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 AM
^ +1 That's what I told him in his old thread about exhausts.

Glover, you may as well turbo your car or something. None of these exhausts are gonna make a noticeable difference in power.

Like popcornten said, 10 hp is an increase that you'll never really feel...you'll only think your car is faster because of the sound of the exhaust. It's psychological...

Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i wanna put HKS logo on the rear pumper as well . . i heared this will give me around 8 hp , but still confused which one to go for , HKS's or Greddy's logo ?

COME ON GUYS !!

i know that FI won't give me 1000 horse power, lol .
it's jst wanna MAKE sure that "AT LEAST" i'm not gonna lose any power when i go with FI . . cuz u kno . . this what intakes do in our cars, don't they ?!!

u know . . it's like u guys when u where smart kids n ask ur father for 10 $ in order to get GURRANTED 5 $ instead of 2 or 1 . lol
hope u got ma point !

Mr. Borna . . i'll put a supercharge and nitros along with the turbo ! what do u think ?!!

Last edited by Glover997; 06-03-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I just got my FI exhaust installed this morning. All I have to say is loving it and sounds amazing. Now I am starting driving with the windows down just to hear the sound of my car. Get FI......You wont regretted it Trust me!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Glover997
i wanna put HKS logo on the rear pumper as well . . i heared this will give me around 8 hp , but still confused which one to go for , HKS's or Greddy's logo ?

COME ON GUYS !!

i know that FI won't give me 1000 horse power, lol .
it's jst wanna MAKE sure that "AT LEAST" i'm not gonna lose any power when i go with FI . . cuz u kno . . this what intakes do in our cars, don't they ?!!

u know . . it's like u guys when u where smart kids n ask ur father for 10 $ in order to get GURRANTED 5 $ instead of 2 or 1 . lol
hope u got ma point !

Mr. Borna . . i'll put a supercharge and nitros along with the turbo ! what do u think ?!!
Ease up on the sarcasm there...we're all just trying to give you the advice you asked us for. If you can't handle the advice then don't ask for it.

Either way none of the exhausts make you lose any power, nor will you feel the increase in power with any of them. If you did some research you'd know that.

With the exhaust, just focus on the looks and sound, get whichever one you like the most based on those factors and you'll be happy.

Plus even if you lose power with the exhaust I'm sure your HKS sticker will make up for it...

Originally Posted by tyang5
I just got my FI exhaust installed this morning. All I have to say is loving it and sounds amazing. Now I am starting driving with the windows down just to hear the sound of my car. Get FI......You wont regretted it Trust me!!!!!
Congrats bro, I'm still waiting on mine
Time to update the sig

Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
A couple of FI questions.....

- do the rolled tips have a drain hole?
I like rolled but w/o a drain they hold water & the bottom edge is a PITA to keep clean.

- Is there a Flex piece at the cat end?
May have been discussed elsewhere, but I drew a blank.
My concern is the longevity of the cats w/o the flex piece.
This was a know issue on Y-pipes w/o flex on the 1st gen.
Maybe with dual pipes instead of a Y it's less of a problem????

Old 06-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Ian,

- Not sure about the drain hole on the original FI tips. I know the tips I ordered will not hold water since the outer edge is slanted.

- I'm pretty sure there is a flex piece on the cat end of the FI exhaust. I'm sure someone can confirm but I remember seeing flex pieces on installed pics.

Good questions...nice to see you posting again.
How are the springs holding up?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
Ian,

- Not sure about the drain hole on the original FI tips. I know the tips I ordered will not hold water since the outer edge is slanted.

- I'm pretty sure there is a flex piece on the cat end of the FI exhaust. I'm sure someone can confirm but I remember seeing flex pieces on installed pics.

Good questions...nice to see you posting again.
How are the springs holding up?
Just talked to Tony about the flex.....
"with the motor, tranny & exhaust all mounted on rubber, there is no need for a flex"
He also mentioned that the flex actually expanded & contracted the system more, when heated & cooled.

I'm in ....order placed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast intentions vs Borla