Installed: Invidia Q300 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
Hmm i would imagine this would be more droney and raspier than FI simply because it doesnt utilize any sort of Resinator, its just a straight X pipe. is it 2.5 or 2.25 in piping?
They list it at 60mm, which means it is 2-3/8" piping, which coincidentally enough is exactly the same as my Berk HFC's. Hmmm... Seems like fate to me.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
A,
Lou said non-Ti tips are not available. I asked him the same thing.

S

I already started looking for replacement tips LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Eek!!! That sucks.

Oh well, guess I'll just stick with what I've got... not worth changing the entire exhaust if I'm still gonna have to replace the tips anyway (and probably add resonators). I'm really happy with mine and it sounds SO nice, so I guess I'll have to find something else to spend my $$ on. LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I wonder if that Ti coating can be buffed off? I assume it could.

Wonder why the tips aren't resonanted too?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Borna
That sounds sweet who said you were exaggerating? , but from what I know about the FI without HFCs, there really is minimal to no drone or rasp. I've heard HFCs tend to add some drone and rasp to it though.

I should try and make it to one of the OCG meets when I come home this summer.
Dude, your smoking crack lol
I've herd over 6 FI exhausts, 3 with hfc. The ones without hfc dont have drone but rasp like a mother fvcker. The ones with hfc, drone and rasp even worse.
We know a member on here, not going to say any names, his FI was so rasp we would try to either pass him or stay far behind him so it wont make us def lol

Originally Posted by Eug96
f*ck me running, I want that exhaust!!, how much did it run you robby?

looks great by the way
I told Lou i wouldnt disclose the price to anyone, but you guys will not find a better deal that he will be giving you.

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks great, Robby. Ihave a copl of questions, though... Is it available with normal, not heat-treated, tips? Also, do you think there is enough clearance between the pipe and the factory heat shields on the lower chassis to add resonators to the straight section of the midpipe right after the x-pipe? If it sounds as good as it looks and there really is't any rasp, then I may just have to sell my Tanabe and get one of these.
It is not available AT THIS MOMENT.
I will talk to Lou about it and tell him that there are requests for (regular polished tips).

And i dont think it needs a resonator at all. I talked to Lou 2 weeks before i wanted the exhaust about rasp and such. I asked him about resonators and what to do to make it deeper than raspier.
I out the exhaust one bro, and just after 1 hour of driving, it sounded beautiful. I drive with my windows down cuz it sounds so sexy lol

Next meet you come to bro, i'll take you for a drive.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
I wonder if that Ti coating can be buffed off? I assume it could.

Wonder why the tips aren't resonanted too?
Im sure it can but the way these are burt, you can change the pattern of the color. Its hard to explain, i would have to show you. But im sure you can get these polished off.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I ask about buffing off the finish because I personally don't like the look. If it can be polished off with aluminum polish or something similar, it would be a bonus as people who want a regular tipped exhaust wouldn't have to wait for Lou to bring them in.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I ask about buffing off the finish because I personally don't like the look. If it can be polished off with aluminum polish or something similar, it would be a bonus as people who want a regular tipped exhaust wouldn't have to wait for Lou to bring them in.
Ya bro, i know exactly what you mean.
I do think it can be poloshed off though. My friend has HKS exhaust on his coupe and put some sort of acid on the tips it started to wipe it off lol
So its possible to take it off.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
It is not available AT THIS MOMENT.
I will talk to Lou about it and tell him that there are requests for (regular polished tips).

And i dont think it needs a resonator at all. I talked to Lou 2 weeks before i wanted the exhaust about rasp and such. I asked him about resonators and what to do to make it deeper than raspier.
I out the exhaust one bro, and just after 1 hour of driving, it sounded beautiful. I drive with my windows down cuz it sounds so sexy lol

Next meet you come to bro, i'll take you for a drive.
Sounds good, man... Lets make it soon, because I'm holding off on getting my custom mid-pipe done until I make this decision. No need to spend $600 on a custom mid-pipe if I'm gonna replace the entire exhaust. LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Ya bro, i know exactly what you mean.
I do think it can be poloshed off though. My friend has HKS exhaust on his coupe and put some sort of acid on the tips it started to wipe it off lol
So its possible to take it off.
Yeah... I'm thinking that Easy-Off oven cleaner would probably do the trick... That **** can take almost anything off. LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Where the hell is Lou's vid?

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised by the price he quoted me, even with the shipping to get it over here to me. If it sounds halfway as decent as you're making it out to be, it's a done deal. Well, after I convince the wife, that is

Old 06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Sounds good, man... Lets make it soon, because I'm holding off on getting my custom mid-pipe done until I make this decision. No need to spend $600 on a custom mid-pipe if I'm gonna replace the entire exhaust. LOL
Ya bro, for sure. Just let me know if u want meet up somewhere if u cant make it. We'll go kick it.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:36 PM

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised by the price he quoted me, even with the shipping to get it over here to me. If it sounds halfway as decent as you're making it out to be, it's a done deal. Well, after I convince the wife, that is
hahaha what did i tell you

Old 06-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Haha... Yeah, convincing the wife's th tough part! My wife hates most aftermarket exhausts... that's why I love my Tanabe... even with the Berk HFC's, it still sounds close enough to stock that she still doesn't even know that I changed anything. LOL

Old 06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Haha... Yeah, convincing the wife's th tough part! My wife hates most aftermarket exhausts... that's why I love my Tanabe... even with the Berk HFC's, it still sounds close enough to stock that she still doesn't even know that I changed anything. LOL
The last scenario of my "Suspension box being delivered by the USPS guy to the house while I wasn't home to receive it" and the subsequent call to me by the wife saying "What's this suspension box thing that was just delievered?" is still fresh in her mind lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Installed: Invidia Q300 Exhaust