Installed: Invidia Q300 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Dude, your smoking crack lol
I've herd over 6 FI exhausts, 3 with hfc. The ones without hfc dont have drone but rasp like a mother fvcker. The ones with hfc, drone and rasp even worse.
We know a member on here, not going to say any names, his FI was so rasp we would try to either pass him or stay far behind him so it wont make us def lol

Really? the FI without HFC video that is floating around on youtube doesnt sound raspy at all, along with alot of people that have/had them and say its real smooth

Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
his FI was so rasp we would try to either pass him or stay far behind him so it wont make us def lol
sorry bout that!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
^ ^

Da culprit lol

Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^...assuming, i'm the only one with it, aside from Henry.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
Dude, your smoking crack lol
I've herd over 6 FI exhausts, 3 with hfc. The ones without hfc dont have drone but rasp like a mother fvcker. The ones with hfc, drone and rasp even worse.
We know a member on here, not going to say any names, his FI was so rasp we would try to either pass him or stay far behind him so it wont make us def lol
Hey man, no need to talk about my private habits on a public forum... hahaha j/k

That's interesting to hear, every FI I've heard has had a deep tone with little to no rasp. maybe I need to lay off the crack

Glad you like the exhaust either way, I can't wait for my custom FI to get in

Old 06-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
The last scenario of my "Suspension box being delivered by the USPS guy to the house while I wasn't home to receive it" and the subsequent call to me by the wife saying "What's this suspension box thing that was just delievered?" is still fresh in her mind lol.
Hahaha... I know that feeling well!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
^...assuming, i'm the only one with it, aside from Henry.
I was actually thinking he meant Travis.... There are so many with the FI that I can't keep track of them all.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks sexy Robby!

Congrats homie!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I was actually thinking he meant Travis.... There are so many with the FI that I can't keep track of them all.
Maybe lol

maybe it's just the sedans, though when Alan had his, it was pure sex, no hint of rasp. so i donno!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Robby, looks sweet, damn I kinda want it now, Lol. But I love my Tanabe's + berk + x pipe. I think the Tanabe's Tips are larger too, what size are the tips on these Exhausts?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I've stayed out of this conversation but I suppose it's time to chime in.
I'm super happy to see Robby's new purchase and it looks dame nice, but FI seems to be taking a serious beating here and I'm not sure why.

I've had my FI Cat-Back for almost a year now and the only drone I ever hear is when I drive up a long hill at a slow speed. I'm still waiting to see if Invidia found a way to avoid that... seems tough with any high flow exhaust.
The only rasp I have EVER heard is when I accelerate to the top of a gear in M mode and then without shifting, let off the gas very quickly. Other than that, I have absolutely no rasp... at all.

I love the sound of my exhaust so much that I constantly turn off the radio and open the roof and windows. I love driving in slow moving traffic with a jersey barrier to my left, as it amplifies the sound so I can hear it that much more.

I was worried about how it would sound in person, but it's pretty damn close to how Alan's cat-back sounds in his vids.
Look at the original FI Sale thread and count the questions back and forth to Tony. You can easily see that I was concerned about the sound and my need for the perfect tone with no drone.
I'm still 100% pleased with this exhaust, which says a lot.

Now, back to the Invidia.... where's our vids?!?!?!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I can help Robby get vids this weekend if I see him.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
There was never any drone or rasp from my FI without HFC. As a matter of fact, the guys that did have the HFCs used to think my car sounded too "stock".

I recall hearing of some problems with them on previous gen cars though, but haven't heard of any issues with the HR/VHRs until now.

Back on topic ... would it be a good idea to spot weld the tips on once they are in the right spot so they don't get jacked?

Old 06-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Its set....I'm getting mine on Tuesday!!! Can't Wait!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I've stayed out of this conversation but I suppose it's time to chime in.
I'm super happy to see Robby's new purchase and it looks dame nice, but FI seems to be taking a serious beating here and I'm not sure why.

I've had my FI Cat-Back for almost a year now and the only drone I ever hear is when I drive up a long hill at a slow speed. I'm still waiting to see if Invidia found a way to avoid that... seems tough with any high flow exhaust.
The only rasp I have EVER heard is when I accelerate to the top of a gear in M mode and then without shifting, let off the gas very quickly. Other than that, I have absolutely no rasp... at all.

I love the sound of my exhaust so much that I constantly turn off the radio and open the roof and windows. I love driving in slow moving traffic with a jersey barrier to my left, as it amplifies the sound so I can hear it that much more.

I was worried about how it would sound in person, but it's pretty damn close to how Alan's cat-back sounds in his vids.
Look at the original FI Sale thread and count the questions back and forth to Tony. You can easily see that I was concerned about the sound and my need for the perfect tone with no drone.
I'm still 100% pleased with this exhaust, which says a lot.

Now, back to the Invidia.... where's our vids?!?!?!
Originally Posted by terrycs
There was never any drone or rasp from my FI without HFC. As a matter of fact, the guys that did have the HFCs used to think my car sounded too "stock".

I recall hearing of some problems with them on previous gen cars though, but haven't heard of any issues with the HR/VHRs until now.

Back on topic ... would it be a good idea to spot weld the tips on once they are in the right spot so they don't get jacked?
Thats why in the beginning i said "not to dis FI"
I have nothing to FI. That was my first choice and i wanted it really bad. But Alan has it (or should i say did) and travis has it, and my other friend (who is not on the forums have it) And they do sound really nice. I think it was the first gen of FI exhausts that were raspy, i forgot.
But with hfc, it is raspy. It's really hard to hear rasp when your driving. You have to get an outside view to really hear it.
No disrespect to FI or the people who have it. I have no hate for FI.

Anyways, i did take a sound clip but my camera is not the best camera to take vids with. I think it was loud enough to distort the mic on the camera haha

Im going to see if it sounds good and not distorted. If it is, donpisto will help me take some fly-bys, some pulls, and a clean sound clip.

If anyone has any other questions. Feel free to ask.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Installed: Invidia Q300 Exhaust