Osirus Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Osirus Tune

I've read the web-site about this tune but I never see much about it here on the boards. Can those of you with the Osirius Tune please speak up and let me know about your likes/dislikes?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I was damn close to getting this or the Cobb tune, but both required local tuning shops to make the final adjustments.
I don't have a reputable place close by so I ended up going a different route.

From my research, I feel that the Cobb setup is better and offers more features. I was only looking at UpRev because Cobb had been dragging their feet for so long before that time. While talking to Osirus, Cobb finally got their tune completed.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:59 PM
You can either go to a local tuner who does the Uprev tuning or if you get the Osiris Standard which I did then it also comes with 3 free eTunes. This is something where you send data via email to them and the tune it then email it back to you and you upload it. I got mine tuned in San Jose and that tuner also deals with Cobb and he said this one is better with less problems.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by ramo
You can either go to a local tuner who does the Uprev tuning or if you get the Osiris Standard which I did then it also comes with 3 free eTunes. This is something where you send data via email to them and the tune it then email it back to you and you upload it. I got mine tuned in San Jose and that tuner also deals with Cobb and he said this one is better with less problems.

Have you ever done a dyno to see the difference?

Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I herd a few bad things with cob and friends experiences. They said when you want to take off the reflash, the car has a hard time starting or something.
I forgot but once i found out i'll let you know.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I have never had a dyno done before I put on any of my mod's or even before I uploaded the Osiris tune, but I had a base tune of 245hp then when the guy tuned it he got it to 253hp. i actually was kind of disappointed on the numbers but the guy said that this dyno he has reads really low. He figured if i did the dyno on a dyna pak or one of the others I run run about 300hp to the rear wheels. But I definitely do notice a big difference on how hard the car pulls in all gears at all speeds.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:34 AM
You would think that Osiris would post some dyno's on their web-site so people would have some idea of what to expect in terms of performance. I think I'll send them an e-mail and see what we get.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
According to them they have not worked on the HR motor, and I guess mine was one of the first ones from what I was told.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ramo, did you notice any difference on your 6mt with the grounding kit?

amp

Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
not much difference from the grounding kit

Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, I sent an e-mail and called. No response on e-mail and the phone keeps going to a voice mail that uses the automated answer telling you which number you've called. Pretty crappy service so far.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by 4drsleeper
Well, I sent an e-mail and called. No response on e-mail and the phone keeps going to a voice mail that uses the automated answer telling you which number you've called. Pretty crappy service so far.
keep trying please

Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by aooooo
keep trying please
I've continued to call and still no answer. I also sent another e-mail but haven't heard anything.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:54 PM
anything?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by aooooo
anything?
Finally received an e-mail on Friday morning. Basically UpRev gave me a point of contact for a locally approved Osiris tuning shop. UpRev said that they don't have anything to visually look at, such as dynos, but they have experienced good gains on our engines, especially those that had good breathing mods (best performance gains were in the mid-range RPM's). That's about all they said except to call the approved shop and see if they could answer all my questions.

So, I called my locally approved shop on Friday morning and they didn't return my call until late Friday afternoon so I haven't spoken to them in person yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Osirus Tune