Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha lets hope so bro

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
Yeah but in both cases you're talking about, the cars have a benefit over our cars.

1) The Evo is a car which is known to be highly modded and tuned, hence there is a numerous amount of cooling systems available for it and a lot of these cooling systems are made for built motors that are under stress due to aggressive tuning.

2) The cooling system you put on the C6 was taken from the Z06, which means it's a compatible cooling system from a much larger and more powerful engine. Plus if the cooling system on Corvettes in this part of the world are larger than those found in the states, that would mean the Z06 system is larger than usual, which means an aftermarket US system may or may not be a downgrade. But I think the cooling systems in Chevy's and other American cars are the same as US spec cars.

The GCC spec G35 has a significantly larger cooling system than the US spec cars, this means that aftermarket systems for our cars would probably show very little gain since they are made to improve cooling systems on US cars (or JDM cars).
And we don't have a large number of systems available to us anyways, let alone any for highly tuned built motors...

There's a nickel for ya
Jees, go back and read your post about adding any kind of coolers would have no/very little benifit on our cars.

1- We replaced the stock Evo cooler with HKS oil cooler which is larger, and we got a very good result, under boost the engine oil was 10c-13c cooler than stock, and the car isn't tuned or anything, it only got breathing mods, but we needed the cooling for the hot weather in Kuwait.

2- My C6 is a US spec which i bought from a friend of mine who was studying in the US and brought it here to Kuwait, it got coolers and we added one and i got 20c temp. drop in the engine oil, and for your info the Z06 oil cooler in Kuwait and in the US are the same, only Japanese cars are different, which means if you bought your car from a local dealer or from the US, you basicly got the same car, unless you got your car from Canada, which is a different story.

My point is that you said the coolers would do litte/no difference if we add them or not, my point is they would.
And btw, the US spec Nissans/Infiniti (in general) got 16mm radiator, more restrictive Cats., and different intake manifold, GCC and JDM spec got 26mm radiator, GCC got less restrictive Cats. due hot weather, and larger intake manifolds.
I've torn apart 350z's engines and Infiniti's, you'd be amazed of what you find there, some of the sensors won't even work unless you ordered direct from the US.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
The kit is going to come out for the 370Z soon, which will be the kit for our car.
The kit i posted will be the same. It will come with the Greddy oil filter adapter, the hoses and the radiator.
I'll let you guys know when it comes out.

The results are amazing.
here are the results from a 370Z
See that??
Same as our cars, in the long run they got 24c temp. drop, and on the highway cruising 16C temp. drop, which means it does a LOT of cooling difference.
Another nickel for ya, JDM spec cars got the same cooling as the GCC and maybe BETTER since they got strict rules about cars, engine life and environment.
I remember going to the junk yard and look for JDM radiator for many cars since they're bigger.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
G35s, what is different about the intake manifold? larger, smaller, different shape?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM
On our cars i really don't know, but they must be bigger, as for the older model G35 and 350z we had in GCC spec larger intake runners on the lower manifold, so we didn't usually order the lower plenum for our 350z's, instead we only went for the upper plenum, we found out after i ordered the MREV plenum for a friend of mine and we found out it's the same as the stock one he got, so we sent his lower plenum for port works.
But on our G's, maybe it's bigger from the inside, but it must be different.

Btw Terry, what's the size on that transmission cooler you got??

Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
the US spec Nissans/Infiniti (in general) got
16mm radiator,
more restrictive Cats.,
and different intake manifold,

GCC and JDM spec got 26mm radiator,
GCC got less restrictive Cats. due hot weather,
and larger intake manifolds.
Damn humm, learning something new everyday, so does this only apply to the older G35s? as no one has really checked the newer ones?

Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
Lou@Amplified just quoted me $1100 shipped

Robby, thanks for the info I'd love to see a chart like that for GTM and Stillen.
So that's how much it should cost shipped to me too.
Hopefully I'll order them soon. Thanks for the info on them bro, I would've gotten H&R springs if it weren't for you. Now I get better handling and can go lower

Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah but in both cases you're talking about, the cars have a benefit over our cars.

1) The Evo is a car which is known to be highly modded and tuned, hence there is a numerous amount of cooling systems available for it and a lot of these cooling systems are made for built motors that are under stress due to aggressive tuning.

2) The cooling system you put on the C6 was taken from the Z06, which means it's a compatible cooling system from a much larger and more powerful engine. Plus if the cooling system on Corvettes in this part of the world are larger than those found in the states, that would mean the Z06 system is larger than usual, which means an aftermarket US system may or may not be a downgrade. But I think the cooling systems in Chevy's and other American cars are the same as US spec cars.

The GCC spec G35 has a significantly larger cooling system than the US spec cars, this means that aftermarket systems for our cars would probably show very little gain since they are made to improve cooling systems on US cars (or JDM cars).
And we don't have a large number of systems available to us anyways, let alone any for highly tuned built motors...

There's a nickel for ya
Jees, go back and read your post about adding any kind of coolers would have no/very little benifit on our cars.

1- We replaced the stock Evo cooler with HKS oil cooler which is larger, and we got a very good result, under boost the engine oil was 10c-13c cooler than stock, and the car isn't tuned or anything, it only got breathing mods, but we needed the cooling for the hot weather in Kuwait.

2- My C6 is a US spec which i bought from a friend of mine who was studying in the US and brought it here to Kuwait, it got coolers and we added one and i got 20c temp. drop in the engine oil, and for your info the Z06 oil cooler in Kuwait and in the US are the same, only Japanese cars are different, which means if you bought your car from a local dealer or from the US, you basicly got the same car, unless you got your car from Canada, which is a different story.

My point is that you said the coolers would do litte/no difference if we add them or not, my point is they would.
And btw, the US spec Nissans/Infiniti (in general) got 16mm radiator, more restrictive Cats., and different intake manifold, GCC and JDM spec got 26mm radiator, GCC got less restrictive Cats. due hot weather, and larger intake manifolds.

I've torn apart 350z's engines and Infiniti's, you'd be amazed of what you find there, some of the sensors won't even work unless you ordered direct from the US.
I think you should read my post again...you just repeated what I said...

The last paragraph you just wrote contradicts everything you're saying...

You JUST said that cooling systems would make a difference, BUT that the systems found in GCC spec cars are already bigger and better than US spec cars.
Now look at my last paragraph. That's exactly what I said and I said that unlike the Evo and the C6 we don't have many cooling options other than an aftermarket kit or 2 designed around the US spec cars...

I color coded the main points and if you read them you said the EXACT same things in different words, which only proves my point further unless you find a cooling system for our cars that is designed around the GCC spec cars.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 AM
See that??
Same as our cars, in the long run they got 24c temp. drop, and on the highway cruising 16C temp. drop, which means it does a LOT of cooling difference.
Another nickel for ya, JDM spec cars got the same cooling as the GCC and maybe BETTER since they got strict rules about cars, engine life and environment.
I remember going to the junk yard and look for JDM radiator for many cars since they're bigger.
I don't know about JDM cars but from what I've seen, alot of JDM spec cars that have been imported into the UAE have had their cooling systems replaced with GCC spec systems to cope with the heat.

So we need to find out for sure whether the JDM G35 has the same cooling system as the GCC G35. Then we'll know if the JDM GReddy kit will make a difference. US kits probably won't do much though...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
I somehow doubt the intake manifold is different. Less restrictive cats, sure, due to no emissions laws, but why design two different manifolds?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Defratos
you installed a transmission cooler Terry? or just offering it for sale?
I had it installed with the shift kit while the car was at GTM for the TT work. The cooling area is ironically about 8.5" x 11". Right now, it sits right on top of my intercooler as shown in the picture which puts it right behind the grill.

I haven't decided on an oil cooler yet. My last UOA (Used Oil Analysis) looked great, but I'll see what the sample I just submitted looks like.

Wow ... this thread is all over the place!

Old 07-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't know about JDM cars but from what I've seen, alot of JDM spec cars that have been imported into the UAE have had their cooling systems replaced with GCC spec systems to cope with the heat.

So we need to find out for sure whether the JDM G35 has the same cooling system as the GCC G35. Then we'll know if the JDM GReddy kit will make a difference. US kits probably won't do much though...

I think i'm getting no where trying to explain it to you, coolers are bad, don't install them at all.
But i'll post some results later, but i really wonder if at least 10c temp. drop doesn't count for you, maybe a 30c+ drop would be good.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Lol you're not understanding me...I'm saying that I doubt we'll get a 10c temp. drop from cooling systems for our cars.
I'm personally not looking for any cooling system anyways so I wouldn't care if they cooled the fluids by 50c. I'm just saying that since we have GCC spec cars which already have upgraded cooling systems from the factory, and most cooling systems for our cars (such as the GTM system) are based on US spec cars with the smaller cooling systems than ours.
Now if the JDM spec cars have the same cooling systems as we do (which I highly doubt), then the GReddy would actually make a difference.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 AM
I went to the junk yard today's morning and looked into some JDM 350z, G35 (Skyline V36), i found out they got the same size as our radiators, and they got the steering oil cooler too, on top of that i found a 350z with Greddy radiator , i called my friend and he went there to buy it, i think it's 36mm.
So yes, you had me go all the way to the junk yard to double check my info which was correct, Japan is a hot country btw, and freaking cold in winter, rest of the year it's fine, i'll be going to a performance shop now to buy some oil temp. sensors and try to fabricate something to get some reading on the cooler which i'll be getting next week, the problem is i have to find a way to read the inlet and outlet oil temp. somehow .

Defratos, you like what i sent you , gonna check Supershop if they got it in their stock.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Wow ... this thread is all over the place!
lol agreed, but keep it that way

Defratos, you like what i sent you , gonna check Supershop if they got it in their stock.
You mean the info you posted above? Yeah it's beneficial because I didn't know there was soo much difference between the GCC and US spec cars. Although we have to double check some of the info.

On a side note, my exhaust has arrived at CVR with Chris and hopefully they'll be getting the new exhaust sent out tomorrow ....can't wait

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!?