Osiris price drop in Standard Version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:01 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
so how exactly does Uprev work? Do they provide you with the Cipher to link it to your laptop and car and then they send you a tune for your car and you simply upload it? Is that how Uprev works? because there's an authorized dealer here so what would he do different?

Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
This is my question as well.
What exactly do you get when you order this?

When I last looked into this, they told me that I would need to find a reputable tuner shop in my area that they would then work with to get my tune installed. This did not look like a DIY thing and once I added it all up with the cost of the shop, dyno and tune... it was just too damn expensive.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
And I believe this is the link to the thread where his motor blew?:
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-eng...elp-techs.html
Wow! Interesting I dunno if this is the same guy that has the youtube video with the 8500k redline but thats what you get when reving that high if it is.

Originally Posted by Defratos
so how exactly does Uprev work? Do they provide you with the Cipher to link it to your laptop and car and then they send you a tune for your car and you simply upload it? Is that how Uprev works? because there's an authorized dealer here so what would he do different?
I think with the one your talking about with the cipher link is the Osirus tuner "The Osiris Tuner system includes Cipher, Map Switching, the flash utility and our powerful, new 2.0 ROM Editor. Osiris Tuner supports NA applications and high horse power forced induction vehicles. Using the an HPX MAF and 1000cc injectors we have tuned for over 550whp on the G35" I however didn't order anything I went and got it tuned. But yes, all they do is plug into your ECU through the cig lighter and download the software and your done basically. The dealer would do it for you I imagine.

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
This is my question as well.
What exactly do you get when you order this?

When I last looked into this, they told me that I would need to find a reputable tuner shop in my area that they would then work with to get my tune installed. This did not look like a DIY thing and once I added it all up with the cost of the shop, dyno and tune... it was just too damn expensive.

They just dropped 100$ to 650$ which I'm sure your aware of. A bit high up less then Cobb. Thats why I went with them, and i've heard good things from a friend. How much were you told before?

Old 11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
You're Despicable

Ok lemmi see if I understand this? So I do not send you any data about my car all I do
is just buy the unit in the link and basically download a map for my car? So similar to the bullydog thingy right?

I thought the Uprev authorised tuner over here in KSA was supposed to data log my car
and send it to uprev for you guys to "crack" whatever that means. Am I making any sense here?
because if it's as simply as downloading a file from the net and uploading it onto the car
then why would I need and Uprev authorised dealer?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Each car needs to be tuned on a dyno to get the full effect. Each car is a bit different.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 AM
You're Despicable

Yeah ok that makes sense, so what role would my Uprev tuner/ authorised tuner be doing in all of this? because according to Lak3shor3 I don't need anyone just plug it into my car download the map and upload it and that's it?

Is this the case or are there other options?

Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
For a more clear understanding I would call uprev and ask that question. but from my understanding if you order the software and cipher cable and have access to a dyno i think you are golden.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:00 AM
You're Despicable

Cool yeah I think I have to call them up eventually to understand exactly what goes into this kit, thanks for the help anyway

Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Defratos
Cool yeah I think I have to call them up eventually to understand exactly what goes into this kit, thanks for the help anyway
yea anytime, let me know what you decided if you get it, and if you do decided to get it what gains you get.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
When I talked to UpRev about Osiris, they estimated a 2HP (no, I'm not missing a zero...) HP gain, with some fuel efficiency improvements, on a stock V36 motor.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
When I talked to UpRev about Osiris, they estimated a 2HP (no, I'm not missing a zero...) HP gain, with some fuel efficiency improvements, on a stock V36 motor.

really? maybe from competely stock, no bolts?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!

i'm not in a position to understand why wouldn't anything works well with our Gs . . i mean no CAI or a chip tune will work efficiency in our Gs . . an exhaust system is the only thing i saw works well . . other than that, don't even think about it .

Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM
You're Despicable

You know I somewhat agree with you which is why I have stayed away from getting a CAI especially wit the crappy hot weather we have here.

I also agree that an Exhaust system is probably the best/easiest way of getting a slight increase in power, which is why I've gotten the Berks HFCs and the Invidia Exhaust.....But dyno seems to confirm a slight increase in power.

Also I'm pretty certain I have gained power because I've gone up against a stock G35 sedan and I managed to get in front of him by like 2 meters and hold that lead, so to me the exhausts + HFCs have done their job, but I still need a tune to get everything more in-line with each other.