GTM Reflash?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I'd be surprised if it's the Berks that are doing that, mine have been fine, I had them with the stock exhaust and now with the Gemini and they haven't acted up. Did you change anything else?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Defratos
I'd be surprised if it's the Berks that are doing that, mine have been fine, I had them with the stock exhaust and now with the Gemini and they haven't acted up. Did you change anything else?
Yea you and me both..This is the second time I've tried HFC's(Berks) I did not change anything else..I have had almost ever car from a 11 sec EVO, 07 GTI with downpipe,HFC -To a 650hp Monte Carlo and have never experienced anything like this with just a bolt on???I know Nissan/Infiniti ECU's are finiky but this is crazy... I still don't believe it's the Berks but there is defintly something up with the car.. I'm gonna try the non foulers from Berks anyway..Brain sent them to my a few days agon for 00$. I have been talking to/working with him for a while now and he really is a GREAT guy.A++. I will let everyone know if that works..God I hope so...But why is it starting to feel more like a tranny issue??? Is there a reflash for our trannies??

Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
That's odd. Sound more like a tuning issue, or maybe you have a bad O2 sensor or bad connection to one of your O2 sensors. DId you check the connections to all 4 of the O2 sensors? If the installer unplugged them when they installed the HFC's, then it's possible that one or more didn't get plugged in fully. I'm assuming this would throw a CEL, but you never know.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Actually if i remember right, there was a guy on this forum who had similar issues with his G of sputtering and bucking under initial acceleration after installing his HFC's i think the dealer narrowed it down to the HFC's and replaced with OEM's and everything was fine.

Search around i could be wrong about the final decision of whether or not the HFC's were to blame but the rest i am sure 100% about...

Old 01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Actually if i remember right, there was a guy on this forum who had similar issues with his G of sputtering and bucking under initial acceleration after installing his HFC's i think the dealer narrowed it down to the HFC's and replaced with OEM's and everything was fine.

Search around i could be wrong about the final decision of whether or not the HFC's were to blame but the rest i am sure 100% about...
You are right but there is no way HFC's would cause this, The more I drive it it feels like a tranny issue.. Also the installer did not unplug any of the O2 sensors. I will see what happens when I install the Non Foulers from Berks. Brian is sending me a set for 00$, Should be here today or tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
That's odd. Sound more like a tuning issue, or maybe you have a bad O2 sensor or bad connection to one of your O2 sensors. DId you check the connections to all 4 of the O2 sensors? If the installer unplugged them when they installed the HFC's, then it's possible that one or more didn't get plugged in fully. I'm assuming this would throw a CEL, but you never know.
I thought O2 sensor also, but no CEL at all the ECU is clean no soft codes either???