Rough Idle and vibration when accelerating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by baileyt35
Taking mine back on Thursday, still idling down to almost cutting off. Getting freakin annoying! I'll recommend them clean the TB, I know its gonna cost a pretty penny!
Try doing it at home first, test the car and take it for a spin around the town, if the problem didn't go away after TB cleaning, then there might be something wrong, my car used to jerk like a wild horse at a rodeo show when i stop at the street light, i get too embarrassed if i'm with a friend, and when he ask's me what's wrong i'd just laugh and tell him i got cams installed, very aggrisve cams , after i did TB cleaning, it went away.

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I agree with the guys that mentioned engine/tranny mounts. It definitely sounds like they are worn. Have them checked by your mechanic and if they need replacement let the dealer do it.
It can't be since the car is new, sometimes those mounts would last for years, but i'd recommend checking them after TB cleaning.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 5AT and it feels like the whole engine is vibrating until it shifts into the next gear. This is most noticeable around 40mph going from 3rd to 4th, it also happens other times as well and goes away after accelerating. Same issue you think?
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
^ agreed.

1. do a TB cleaning, kool yaar provided the link. this may even fix your #2. problem

2. If your vibration is at a certain speed range, 40mph or 60kmh, and it feels like the tranny slips and reconnects, give or take, you will need an ECU reflash, as I had the same issue.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Q8
Try doing it at home first, test the car and take it for a spin around the town, if the problem didn't go away after TB cleaning, then there might be something wrong, my car used to jerk like a wild horse at a rodeo show when i stop at the street light, i get too embarrassed if i'm with a friend, and when he ask's me what's wrong i'd just laugh and tell him i got cams installed, very aggrisve cams , after i did TB cleaning, it went away.

It can't be since the car is new, sometimes those mounts would last for years, but i'd recommend checking them after TB cleaning.
Thanks, they cleaned the throttle bodies and replaced the transmission temperature sensor. no more shudder at from 1st to 2nd and it idles perfectly!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G35ABI
I have a 5AT and it feels like the whole engine is vibrating until it shifts into the next gear. This is most noticeable around 40mph going from 3rd to 4th, it also happens other times as well and goes away after accelerating. Same issue you think?
you probably have this issue, which is resolved by an ECU reflash

Read this thread for info:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...ph-60km-h.html

Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Update: I took it to 2 different dealers and both claimed every thing is according to SPEC and that they didnt find any thing wrong.

I have noticed that as the weather has gotten warmer, the idle is actually much better and smoothens out. The problem still remains whenever I press on the gas to accelerate, the car has this tingling/buzzing vibration which can be felt in the footwell of the drivers seat. Especially if you have your left foot resting where the clutch would go. I havent had time to do a TB cleaning yet but I really dont think its the cause of this vibration. I think it will help with making the idle better though.

I researched online and I came across the heat shield, is it possible for it to be the source of the vibration in the footwell? The dealer claimed exhaust has no leaks and mounts looked fine. I really dont think they spend more then 5 mins to diagnose so who knows if they really checked those.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ ya the TB cleaning wont solve any vibration issues, its probably an engine or tranny mount, but if they checked and siad its fine then maybe tires out of balance or alignment as well could be the issue.

I would check the balance and alignment firsts as they are cheapest to do and should be done yearly anyways to increase tire and suspension life by keeping them in spec.

Lastly, a loose heat shield can cause vibration in the pedal area, but i doubt that it would make your seat vibrate, then again i have seen crazier things...

Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I take it back, its not vibrating in the drivers seat. Its mainly the footwell, near the pedals and a lil bit on the driver side door. The tires are all fairly new and I just had balancing done on all 4 tires a few weeks ago. I am thinking of going back to the dealer and have them check the heat shield.
Is heat shield the big plastic piece under the front of the car? That might be what I damaged in the snow storm where I had my local mechanic cut a piece of it which was hanging off and touching the ground.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Jiggs... I think we have the same problem/issue...

I can feel the engine rev in my flloor boards and steering wheel... at idle and especially while accelerating. I can also feel this in my shift ****.

My car is an 2007 G35x Auto.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm leaning towards bad tranny mount...

Got a dealership visit this wednesday... Hopefully they don't brush it off...and say everything is "within spec"... i'd be so pissed...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Piano, I'm getting it checked out by another dealer this Wednesday, hoping they can figure something out cuz the last dealer had it for a week or two and didn't do anything. I'll let you know if they do something about it.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
wow... they held your car for more than a week w/o and resolution? wtf? I'm hearing more and more of this dealership experience from infiniti dealers.... It's like they are avoiding fixing it. it makes me very MAD!! if they do that to me...i'd be all over them (not in a sexual way)...GRRRR!!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
its pretty frustrating...so many other people are having the same issue, there is obviously something wrong. Just because it doesn't come up in the computer, they are disregarding it as anything wrong. The street to my house is very steep, and the shifters shaking is so stupidly obvious. ARRGGGGHHH

Old 06-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Welp, just to update, I went to the dealership, and they could not find a darn thing wrong with my car... go figure :/

I went on a drive with the tech and suprisingly, the car WOULD NOT act up!! it drove perfectly smooth !! WTF!! I swear my car is haunted...

THey said my car was the best/tightest/cleanest '07 sedan they've seen come into their garage....

The driveline humming vibrations are still there... but I guess it is common in these infinitis... I had a 2009 G37x sedan for a loaner and it drives the same way as my car, if not, rougher... It had the same humming vibrations which can be felt in the same areas (steeing wheel, floor, and shift ****)...

The techs said in all his time in being a Nissan/infiniti tech, he's never seen an engine mount or a transmount fail on these cars... so it couldn't be that....

Surprisingly, after the dealership visit, my car seems a little smoother also... I mean, transmission-wise, it doesn't shudder as hard anymore. It's not really noticeable now. I wonder if switching to the OEM air filters had something to do with this. (I had K&N air filters before, and I read that they sometimes mess up MAF sensors because of the oil on them). I also took off my grounding wires (waste of $100 by the way).... The only thing Ground kit does is give more power to your windows and radio :/ The gearshifting and gas pedal still feel the same, if not, smoother when I took the GK off.... which is weird. Maybe taking the Negative off the battery for more than 30 mins. does this.

Braking is ultra smooth as opposed to 3 weeks ago where it would shudder if i press it hard. Maybe the rotors "unwarped" themselves? lol.

Side note: I also went for state inspection... but dealership just didn't do it because I would get a rejection sticker for having tint too dark.. So they told me to go to a small shop where they would most likely disregard the tint..so i would pass.. that was pretty nice of them not to put a Rejection sticker on my car LOL.

So i took my somewhat smoother car and left....without paying a dime.

I guess I can live with my car... maybe buy some racing gloves to alleviate the numbing effect lol...

Old 06-18-2010, 05:44 PM
I took mine to a different dealer then I went to before and surprinsingly these ppl said there is a upgrade part that they are going to order and install. I haven't picked up my car yet so don't know exactly what they are fixing and if the problem is gone. But the previous dealers refused to do anything and I even called corporate and they said there's no code for the problem in our system. Maybe you should try ur luck with a different dealership. I advise a richer area, that's the only difference I can say here for that. They gave me the 37 for a loaner too, I didn't seen the problem with it. I don't like how it shifts tho prefer my 35 for that but the 37 is quick. No vibration from it tho. Someone told me it could have been the mount but let's see what these dealers found and if it works.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Maybe I'll try a different dealership when the symptoms are more pronounced. Right now, as the warm weather is here, things seem to run a little smoother...

Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
G35ABI i'm pertty interested to hear what part your dealer is helping you out with- Could you please post your work order so I can bring this to my crappy dealer to have it looked at? I'm almost ready to sell my car at this point becuase it drives like such a piece of **** with this shudder

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rough Idle and vibration when accelerating