2007 g35x blown motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I would go in and talk to the GM of the dealership. The dealership has the ability to "good will" any part of a car including an engine. "Good willing" the engine would mean the dealership would absorb the cost and submit it to Infiniti for reimbursement much like warranty work would be. I can't see how the dealership would not be willing to work with your dad on this seeing how he spent his money at that dealership for the purchase of the car and had it serviced there as well.

My brother works for Nissan and he has done this before for a good customer who has had all their maintenance work done at the dealership but is out of warranty.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by samsizzle
if he's a troll, he put a ton of work into writing that page of text
just wondering why his craigslist posting got flagged maybe a scammer they are stepping their game up

Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TwilightBlue
I would go in and talk to the GM of the dealership. The dealership has the ability to "good will" any part of a car including an engine. "Good willing" the engine would mean the dealership would absorb the cost and submit it to Infiniti for reimbursement much like warranty work would be. I can't see how the dealership would not be willing to work with your dad on this seeing how he spent his money at that dealership for the purchase of the car and had it serviced there as well.

My brother works for Nissan and he has done this before for a good customer who has had all their maintenance work done at the dealership but is out of warranty.
And why would a dealership absorb cost? maybe you're forgetting why dealership go into business in the first place. Some of you on here have problems with getting Infiniti Customer Service to work with you to honor work you think Infiniti should do, so do you really think a dealer (independently owned) wants to go through that sheit after he has absorbed costs? Get real and put yourself in a dealer's shop and think like a business person.

Sure sucks an engine craps after only 100K, Kias go that long these days. Stuff happens I guess.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if i were police i'd probably flag my post too, re reading it, it just sounds wierd.. step son selling the car on behalf of him, don't have pictures, etc.

but i assure you this is no scam, i am on www.vwvortex.com and www.passatworld.com as username Double_A as well

and for those of you who have asked for pictures, saturday me and him will be taking a trip to the dealership to get pictures.

as for the engine, the mechanic says it's beyond repair, engine seized and something about valves too.

the dealership already put in their best offer and it wasn't much of one. they gathered all his car history and sent it in to infiniti with no luck as well, so im sure the documents passed the hands of the dealership manager with things being sent to his/her "boss" so to say

Old 09-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
10K for the Engine??? wow!!! he can get a brand new one at infinitipartsonline.com for $6,214.79

Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
wow, that may be an option

and here's a new thread on the sale, i didn't put any pictures this time because i figure maybe thats why it was flagged?

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1970138244.html

Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Shurik355
10K for the Engine??? wow!!! he can get a brand new one at infinitipartsonline.com for $6,214.79
I believe Suby dropped around 14-15K on his new engine (installed)

Old 09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I believe Suby dropped around 14-15K on his new engine (installed)
yeah I guess Suby bought his at a dealer ... buy yeah new engine at infinitiparsonline.com or infinitipartsusa.com for around 6K!!!

Everything at the dealer WILL be overpriced. Price wise and labor wise. Most of the time usually.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
i guess at this moment in time he doesn't want to repair it, but was ever so kind to forward the link to the $6k engine to the dealer

has his eyes set on a lexus es350

Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Double_A
i guess at this moment in time he doesn't want to repair it, but was ever so kind to forward the link to the $6k engine to the dealer

has his eyes set on a lexus es350
Yeah 6K for a NEW VQ36 engine! Can't beat that price! So you told your uncle about it???
Well so he's looking at ES350 huh?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
And why would a dealership absorb cost? maybe you're forgetting why dealership go into business in the first place. Some of you on here have problems with getting Infiniti Customer Service to work with you to honor work you think Infiniti should do, so do you really think a dealer (independently owned) wants to go through that sheit after he has absorbed costs? Get real and put yourself in a dealer's shop and think like a business person.

Sure sucks an engine craps after only 100K, Kias go that long these days. Stuff happens I guess.
Because if they do the right thing chances are they will continue servicing their car there and may in fact purchase another vehicle from there. The alternative is no car to service and no other sales. As you can see the OP's father won't buy another Infiniti, but I'd bet the farm if they took care of him his next car would have been an Infiniti and he would have serviced it there. How's that for thinking like a business person? Also, the independent dealer would be reimbursed by Infiniti much like warranty work would be.

Many fail to realize that dealerships make most of their money on service and not car sales.

Last edited by PAIXAO; 09-23-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
My brother "good willed" a motor on a 2003 Maxima just last week for OC issues. Had 98k miles but the owner bought the car there and had all the scheduled maintenance done there. I have found that typically of you spend money at a dealership they will take care of you. This isn't always the case but this is probably why his dealership has been top ranked in CSI amongst Nissan dealerships in the East Coast for quite a number of years.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Because if they do the right thing chances are they will continue servicing their car there and may in fact purchase another vehicle from there. The alternative is no car to service and no other sales. As you can see the OP's father won't buy another Infiniti, but I'd bet the farm if they took care of him his next car would have been an Infiniti and he would have serviced it there. How's that for thinking like a business person? Also, the independent dealer would be reimbursed by Infiniti much like warranty work would be.

Many fail to realize that dealerships make most of their money on service and not car sales.
+1 on what you said! I work at a Volvo, Lincoln, Mercury dealer with a bodyshop and service being there, and dealerships like ours do make more money on service and body work separate, then on car sales.

Well your uncle won't be disappointed if he goes with Lexus, I won't blame him, cause they do have BEST #1 customer service, they will take good care of him... unlike infiniti.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Agree dealers make most of their profit on service. Disagree on doing the right thing as absorbing cost. They did the right thing and Infiniti said nope since it was out of warranty. What more do you want?

I see you have (4) itrader, so how many items did you sell if any, that you shipped to the buyer before you've received a payment from them? If not WHY not? Now that's what you're asking a dealership to do. Totally unreasonable after Infiniti said NO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35x blown motor