Berk HFCs & Stillen Catback Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Berk HFCs & Stillen Catback Exhaust

For those who are interested, I am currently riding in a '07 Sedan with Berk HFCs and R2C intake. I have a Stillen catback arriving next week that I will be having installed. I've seen many videos of the Stillen catback with no HFCs and am reaching out to anyone running this catback with HFCs on the sedan. Any of you out there running this setup? Feedback on sound w/ HFCs over just catback?

I love the sound of the catback w/no HFCs, so will be interested in what the combination of catback & HFCs will change to that sound, particularly with how clean the purr of the catback is on its own.

I have videos of just stock, just Berk HFCs, Berk HFCs + R2C, and soon to have some vids of Berk HFCs + R2C + Stillen Catback. Will post all of them next week for those interested in this setup.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
so where them videos at

Old 06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
My bro is coming into town tonight so we'll be down to make the Stillen video to add to what we have already recorded. Will upload all to YouTube and provide links. I tried uploading to g35driver and have had no luck. 1000 miles on the catback now, good sound

Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Not too loud at all?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've installed Berk cats on my car and to be honest, they're too raspy for me. Anything up to 4k rpms its a nice low growl, but once I get above that or really floor it, this tinny rasp comes out and drowns everything else out. I'm hoping a cat-back exhaust will be able to tune out that rasp/tinny sound.

So I'm wondering, did you notice the same high-rpm rasp and is it gone now with the Stillen cat-back?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM
To be honest, "too loud" is very subjective. For me, I was absolutely wanting to hear a significant change in exhaust tone, BC the HFC on their own weren't doing it for me, they did not provide a huge difference in loudness, just this sweet note between 3400-3600RPM. After installing R2C intake the engine noise was killer but the exhaust needed to catch up. The stillen exhaust absolutely matches it well. It was such a big change, and I've enjoyed the sound and don't find the noise to be too loud. I drive an '07 sedan (5 gears) and on the highway @80mph i wish i had one or two more gears to lower the sound. At 70mph in 5th its no problem, not annoying.

As far as HFC noise changing, the catback doesnt change the HFC hiss or rasp, but after the car warms up I don't notice anything that bothers me. In 68 degree weather on the dyno, my stock sedan ran 259hp @ wheels. After intake HFC and caback, in 98 degree weather, dyno tested 272 HP @ wheels. Would gain more if same temp as original run. So, power gains, but unfortunately not SIGNIFICANT gains for the money spent. Car sounds incredibly different. Drove my dads G37 sedan and can't believe the difference. I don't remember my car being that quiet.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I have my YouTube channel updated with videos of stock, just BERK HFC, just R2C INTAKE + BERK HFC, as well as STILLEN CBE + R2C INTAKE + BERK HFC.

I plan on making more videos, including drive-bys on the highway and whatever else, but sorry for the crappy DROID video quality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/G35FIFE?feature=mhee

The following users liked this post:
lefizzet (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I may wait to make more videos until I have my D2 Racing Coilovers installed and car dropped a bit, new wheels, front non-sport lip, as well as Bluebat's GT-R style taillight overlays.

Planning on making all that happen during the same week, if not, 2 weeks. Stay tuned.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Nice bro your current setup sounds sick from a driveby standpoint

The following users liked this post:
FIFE (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Appreciate it! Like I said, my brother came into town and was down to make some quick vids. It's almost night/day difference from my vids to real life...as expected...but wish you could hear it on the road. My bro & I took both our Gs out tonight and switched off driving them to check out the sound from this setup when accelerating/passing in different gears. Whether on the interstate or city streets, it sounds mean as ****. Complete improvement from stock, very deep sound on the road and I will absolutely create and post some new vids of drive-bys and downshifting soon. The drive-by in the currently uploaded vid is slow, I'll make sure to get the speed/revs up on others.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah I can tell, it sounds great lol. Appreciate the vids man keep them coming. I'm waiting for my awd version of the ark exhaust to come in like 2-3 weeks too and these vids just get me more excited haha

Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
here r his vids:

Old 06-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds good. Did it make any more power?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks! When we put it on the dyno stock, it made 259hp at the wheels in 68 degree weather. After the intake, cats and cbe it made 272hp in 98 degrees. I would have preferred to wait until the temp was around the same, because I expect that it would have grabbed a bit more power.

However, I am disappointed that after so much money invested, the car doesn't pick up as much as the 370Z does with these bolt-on mods, but the sound by far a great achievement over stock. World of difference, especially driving/hearing this thing outside of YouTube.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
hey, i'm late on this, but i have been running the exact same setup for a while now, and so far it has been great, i love the sound. the only thing is i live in canada with a lot of snow, the stillen isn't really good in that sense because it rusts easily, but overall i'm happy with it for now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Berk HFCs & Stillen Catback Exhaust