Those with GTM RTP . . need lil help plz !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Those with GTM RTP . . need lil help plz !

Hi amigoz

ummm .. i'm lookin into these but i'm not in a position to understand what i have pointed out in red circles as shown in pic below

Also i've noticed these are built with two hangers as well . . Now where exactly these are supposed to settle ?

Finally . . i understood that gaskets are not included with this setup . . ok does it come with all necessary bolts at least ?!

thx in advance

first one replys i'll give him a thanx

Attached Thumbnails Those with GTM RTP . . need lil help plz !-p1070600.jpg  

Last edited by Glover997; 10-05-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
whats wrong guys . . two days with no response
ok i'll make it easier for u, forget about the hangers n jst answer on the other stuff.

i'll appreciate ur help..
thank you..

Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
To my untrained eye, they look to be a wide band O2 bung.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
^ no they are not !
O2 ports are the other little welded pipes just near those holes i pointed out in red circles.

in fact . . i haven't seen those stuff in any test pipes nor HFCs ! put that hangers in record too !

Old 10-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Not an O2 sensor, a separate wideband sensor bung for tuning

Something like this:

The following users liked this post:
Glover997 (10-06-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
^
now that explains
so they're jst optional from what i understood, no need to connect them or what so ever . .
ok how about those hangers . . thing is,i really don't like to fix and tight ma pipes in ma car with these, cuz TPs and HFCs are somehow supposed to be a lil flexible when installed, and these hangers won't help on this matter . . i saw someone who has broken his pipes when he took a piece off right on the hanged point while running over a small rock or somethin . . SO, do i really have to install my GTM RTP using these hangers ?!!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:05 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
well I dunno what those things are for either so I wouldn't have been of much help,

on a good note my pipes arrived Thursday and hopefully gonna get them installed tom, all wrapped up and ready to go:

Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM
See the nut that Maz has screwed into the hole, that's a sure sign it's for the wideband sensor.

If the sensor's used, it's inserted there. If it isn't used, those nuts are used to plug the hole.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^ Those pipes look beautiful! Looks like you got the non-resonated ones.

Glover - Why so many questions about these when you already have ART's???

I'd suggest that anyone who didn't receive any gaskets with their pipes purchase the Berk gaskets.... they're call the collector gaskets for the end that butts up to the manifolds. They also sell specific gaskets for the other end, Temp 2 gaskets.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
@ Defratos . . Congrats man, they do look sick with the wrap
did they come with all necessary screws n bolts ?! i know they must of been included but i just wanna make sure since gaskets are not included

Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by TomPeters
^ Those pipes look beautiful! Looks like you got the non-resonated ones.

Glover - Why so many questions about these when you already have ART's???

I'd suggest that anyone who didn't receive any gaskets with their pipes purchase the Berk gaskets.... they're call the collector gaskets for the end that butts up to the manifolds. They also sell specific gaskets for the other end, Temp 2 gaskets.
mmm .. i'm not sure if u've read my story when i got my arts installed by a shop which i'm sure used to sell vegetables in the past ! FAIL !!
anyways after i solved the O2 sensor problem, another problem came up . . a damn leakage that i cudn't control between the pipes flang . . So here i decided to start over and get new pipes.

You probably wud ask me why not re-install my current pipes and maybe get new gaskets, bolts..etc but i'm really fed up guys, thats it . .i wanna start over n get new ones. it's just i dunno.. my car doesn't feel alright since i've installed these
So yea .. time to take them off and ease up this headache !

I'm 99% pulling trigger on GTM RTP.

Last edited by Glover997; 10-07-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:24 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by Glover997
@ Defratos . . Congrats man, they do look sick with the wrap
did they come with all necessary screws n bolts ?! i know they must of been included but i just wanna make sure since gaskets are not included
Thanks bro, um 10 bolts came with it, but there were not bracing bolts included. Of course if you already had bracing bolts on your original pipes then you can take those and just use them instead, that's what I did.

Now I'm a little worried hearing how you've had problem with you pipes, they were ART pipes correct? Good luck with it and I'll let you guys know how mine goes along as I'll be trying to install everything today (if I'm lucky)

Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by Glover997
mmm .. i'm not sure if u've read my story when i got my arts installed by a shop which i'm sure used to sell vegetables in the past ! FAIL !!
anyways after i solved the O2 sensor problem, another problem came up . . a damn leakage that i cudn't control between the pipes flang . . So here i decided to start over and get new pipes.

You probably wud ask me why not re-install my current pipes and maybe get new gaskets, bolts..etc but i'm really fed up guys, thats it . .i wanna start over n get new ones. it's just i dunno.. my car doesn't feel alright since i've installed these
So yea .. time to take them off and ease up this headache !

I'm 99% pulling trigger on GTM RTP.
I'm surprised, I know you had problems with your ART pipes but are they really that much of a hassle that you'd rather just change to GTM test pipes?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Defratos
I'm surprised, I know you had problems with your ART pipes but are they really that much of a hassle that you'd rather just change to GTM test pipes?
Yes they are !
but like i said before .. all problems i had with these is only because of the bad installation from the beginning, so it doesn't have to do anything with the ART pipes themselves.

You just don't have to worry about yours as long as u perform the installation by a trusted shop, thats all i can say.

one more thing . .what is a bracing bolt ?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:41 AM
You're Despicable

The bracing bolts are the two bolts that are already attached to the Pipes in the pic above. It basically holds the test pipes to a metal plate on the car to keep everything from moving about too much.

I actually have to install those bolts later on today as I had taken out my original exhaust brace that these fit onto.

On a good note I just drove into work and no engine lights or anything soooo, so far so good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Those with GTM RTP . . need lil help plz !