'07 g35 exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
They can write the map to do almost literally anything, you're going to foul spark plugs, O2 sensors, carbon buildup on valves, etc if you do that however. These engines pop a little just due to the design of the continuously variable cam timing, have them tune it normally and you'll likely be happy with the results.
So it is possible for them to do a map that runs rich to do so? Thank you. And thanks guys, sorry about all the questions, new to cars and modding my G. I'm getting the art pipes does this week. I'll give my little review

Old 08-22-2017, 09:07 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
With the Uprev tune you can get multiple fuel maps and switch through them. I would definitely not leave it on an intentionally rich map, with the multiple maps you can just switch to it when you want to have a little fun and buy new catalytic converters

Old 08-23-2017, 05:53 AM
I see thanks! I'll ask the tuner to do one map to run like that just so I can have fun. I like to do stupid stuff with my friends lol. I just got a set of art pipes. I'm going to have my muffler shop install then Friday! I'm so stoked to hear how louder and tuned out the noise will be

Old 09-13-2017, 05:28 PM
bringing back this thread for more questions lol.

so since i have ART pipes, i wanna go slowly on my exhaust for the shockwave. im looking to get the Motordyne XYZ pipes soon.

theres the straight pipe, hfc, and resonated.
whats the difference and which is better? i dont mind my exhaust getting louder(im already muffler deleted) but i just dont want rasp and if the xyz will free flow my exhaust more id be happy. i want more popping in my exhaust help me and thank you for such noob questions.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You can find audio clips of nearly every combination of exhaust parts on YouTube, have you checked that?

Old 09-14-2017, 01:06 AM
You can find audio clips of nearly every combination of exhaust parts on YouTube, have you checked that?
i actually havent found muffler delete, art pipes, xyz pipe and magnaflow midpipe xD

Old 10-16-2017, 05:29 PM
sorry to bump this thread AGAIN lol.

so now the setup is art pipes, magnaflow xpipe in place of resonators and a muffler delete.

im looking to get a axle back to put in place of the muffler delete, which one should i get? something not too crazy in price. would an axle back also make the noise level lower?

and one more question, would the axle back help produce more "popping noises" when i let off throttle?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got art pipes for 590. Completely new, HR

Old 02-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
No, ART pipes is a "beautiful" loud. Slightly different magnaflow muffler but this will give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MYfAdk2qFk
Interesting, sounds more like 8 or even 10 cylinders, almost like a Ferrari 360 with a Tubi exhaust at lower revs (obviously you can't match the sound at 8000+rpm)

I have been looking at this one:

Price is lower than most and sound is quite good for only catback and nothing else.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust question

I have seen plenty in the forums of people saying that you don’t need a tune for HFCs, though it is recommended. My question is regarding intakes and hfcs, do you need to have an intake if you’re running hfcs? I’m going to buy a set of hfcs soon and wanted to know if an intake is required or highly recommended. I read a lot about how the intakes for our cars are best left stock, does hfc change this notion? Please let me know ASAP! Thank you

Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mikeg47
I have seen plenty in the forums of people saying that you don’t need a tune for HFCs, though it is recommended. My question is regarding intakes and hfcs, do you need to have an intake if you’re running hfcs? I’m going to buy a set of hfcs soon and wanted to know if an intake is required or highly recommended. I read a lot about how the intakes for our cars are best left stock, does hfc change this notion? Please let me know ASAP! Thank you
Why would you need an intake for hfc?

I would think downpipe, headers or cat back exhaust would match better a much better match although still not absolutely necessary, however if you don't already have an aftermarket intake it can't hurt unless you go with a short ram open filter style which may actually rob you of power in some situations.

I have never read any credible source that says to leave the intake system totally stock, I decided to go the K&N drop in route with mine. I probably didn't gain much, but you do pickup a few hp, plus you never have to replace then, and there's a cool almost blow off valve sound when shifting in 1st/2nd at certain rpm.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking that the less restrictive air flow may have an impact on the car (performance or potentially being hard on the engine) without an intake. I’ve read in the forums for mods that a lot of people say the 2nd gen sedans are better left untouched as far as intakes are concerned. Not sure if a set of test pipes would be much different but I just wanted to clarify that to be sure. Thank you for your response

Old 09-29-2018, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mikeg47
I was thinking that the less restrictive air flow may have an impact on the car (performance or potentially being hard on the engine) without an intake. I’ve read in the forums for mods that a lot of people say the 2nd gen sedans are better left untouched as far as intakes are concerned. Not sure if a set of test pipes would be much different but I just wanted to clarify that to be sure. Thank you for your response
Can you post a link I'd like to know the reasoning for that. I see a lot of posts and videos for admin tuning or Z1 intakes that promise big power gains especially with a tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.