'07 g35 exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 g35 exhaust questions

Hey there guys, before you guys bash me, in no means am I a car guy(trying to learn things). So far I have dc dual intakes and a muffler delete. The car sounds amazing. It's that deep vq sound with no rasp or much or any drone.

I am really tight on budget right now and I am debating on whether to get a berks hfc. Or just not waste money and delete my resonators. How would my sounding of my car change if I deleted my resonators? Would the deep noise go away?

Please no bashing, it's my first car and I just wanna learn new things. Thank you

Old 06-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get rid of the resonators, you will get rasp. I've been through about 5 different exhaust setups chasing the best tone. A muffler delete sounds the best for the least amount of money. Berks can get raspy. I would recommend Kinetix HFC and leaving the stock resonators for avoiding rasp. Stock cats and resonators I have found to be the only thing standing between your car becoming a complete rasp monster. When I had resonated test pipes with my current exhaust setup (Motordyne XYZ pipe with resonator, into a custom dual 2.5inch with magna flow bullet mufflers), my car rasped something fierce. When I had just the test pipes, motor dyne y pipe, and stock mid pipe and resonators with a muffler delete, it did not rasp. It did sound a bit, "honky" though. As soon as I went back to stock cats, it sounded perfect. Here is a video of how it sounds with my current setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if1X...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dcram
If you get rid of the resonators, you will get rasp. I've been through about 5 different exhaust setups chasing the best tone. A muffler delete sounds the best for the least amount of money. Berks can get raspy. I would recommend Kinetix HFC and leaving the stock resonators for avoiding rasp. Stock cats and resonators I have found to be the only thing standing between your car becoming a complete rasp monster. When I had resonated test pipes with my current exhaust setup (Motordyne XYZ pipe with resonator, into a custom dual 2.5inch with magna flow bullet mufflers), my car rasped something fierce. When I had just the test pipes, motor dyne y pipe, and stock mid pipe and resonators with a muffler delete, it did not rasp. It did sound a bit, "honky" though. As soon as I went back to stock cats, it sounded perfect. Here is a video of how it sounds with my current setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if1X...ature=youtu.be
that sounds so sick! so i took off my resonators and i only rasp when the engine is cold at 4krpm. but when its warm it sounds so sick but its a bit too loud.

im soon to put maganflor 11385 muffler in my midpipe to replace the resonators.

i want testpipes too, are there testpipes that dont rasp? (i want the HP gains)

Old 08-20-2017, 08:37 PM
sorry to post again,

so my question is now , are berk hfc worth it?

i have a muffler delete(dont bash me i actually like the noise), and a magnaflow 11385 muffler in place of my resonators. rn its kind of loud and sounds nice. will berk hfc make my car louder but not too obnoxious?

i know this is a stupid question, but would adding the berks make my car be able to backfire?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:45 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Exhaust pop basically means you're slightly rich and the unburned fuel is going off in the header instead of a complete burn in the combustion chamber. Complete backfire mean something is horrifically wrong and needs to be fixed before you destroy your cats. The cats do provide a SUBSTANTIAL amount of muffling for noise and removing them will make your exhaust sound really bad (all subjective, my definition of bad isn't the same as yours). If you were to go with an HFC I would steer away from the Berk, lots of negative reviews and longevity issues.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by snguyen10123
sorry to post again,
so my question is now , are berk hfc worth it?i have a muffler delete(dont bash me i actually like the noise), and a magnaflow 11385 muffler in place of my resonators. rn its kind of loud and sounds nice. will berk hfc make my car louder but not too obnoxious?
i know this is a stupid question, but would adding the berks make my car be able to backfire?
Welcome to Driver snguyen! No bashing here, first thing you need to do is read the stickys at the top of the coupe page! Take your time absorb what's posted there, knowledge is power! Secondly, if you have questions use our Search! Had you done a Search on Berks HFC's you would have discovered they're trash...I speak from experience!
If you want HFC's go with Fast Intentions, they're way better than Berks! High flow cats will make your exhaust much louder! Why, would you want your car to back fire? That's just a sign of major issues in your combustion chambers along with being a terrible idea!
Gary

Old 08-21-2017, 11:31 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you want the car to "shoot flames" that's something completely different and you can Google search Hot Licks or another tailpipe flamethrower, they're cool if you want to get a lot of attention (from the police). They will also get you banned at the drag strip... beware.

They actually work pretty decently, especially with a true dual exhaust.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:36 PM
so i decided to go with ART pipes from motordyne, on a muffler delete and a magnaflow muffler in place of my resonators. i know art pipes wont rasp or drone, but how much louder will it make my car? also it sounds dumb but i like the popping/backfire NOISE. i like the popping noise that happens when you let off the throttle, i had it when i was resonate deleted but now i can barely hear it, will the art pipes bring it back ? aha and thanks guys for not flaming me

Old 08-21-2017, 04:17 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Good choice with the art pipes, you will likely hear exhaust pop still.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Good choice with the art pipes, you will likely hear exhaust pop still.
thanks for the quick reply, how louder will my car be? will it be test pipes loud or hfc loudness?

found a shop that will have the part and install for $745 flat, is that a good price?

Old 08-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by snguyen10123
thanks for the quick reply, how louder will my car be? will it be test pipes loud or hfc loudness?
found a shop that will have the part and install for $745 flat, is that a good price?
I ran the ART pipes for about a week and paid several hundred less than what the shop above is charging! Traded them in for FI hfc's because I disliked the exhaust stench, I grew up with leaded gas loving the aroma and how it turned inside my exhaust tips gray.
Even with installing Magnaflow mufflers your exhaust will be very loud with ART pipes! Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for a set of used ART pipes, they don't wear out!
Gary

Old 08-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
I ran the ART pipes for about a week and paid several hundred less than what the shop above is charging! Traded them in for FI hfc's because I disliked the exhaust stench, I grew up with leaded gas loving the aroma and how it turned inside my exhaust tips gray.
Even with installing Magnaflow mufflers your exhaust will be very loud with ART pipes! Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for a set of used ART pipes, they don't wear out!
Gary
i cant find any used ones and the $745 price is the best for part and install that icould find anywhere. and very loud? obnoxious loud?

Old 08-21-2017, 06:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
No, ART pipes is a "beautiful" loud. Slightly different magnaflow muffler but this will give you an idea.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:24 PM
thanks guys! really appreciate all the help. i know i dont have all bolt ons, but after these art pipes i wont be modding my car anytime soon so ima uprev at churchs in socal. it sounds really dumb but can they make a map where my car will run rich and i can possibly backfire? or is that only for FI cars

Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They can write the map to do almost literally anything, you're going to foul spark plugs, O2 sensors, carbon buildup on valves, etc if you do that however. These engines pop a little just due to the design of the continuously variable cam timing, have them tune it normally and you'll likely be happy with the results.

The following users liked this post:
snguyen10123 (08-22-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.