V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

2+ hours of labor to adjust headlights?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2+ hours of labor to adjust headlights?!?!

So I was just quoted over $250 just to adjust the headlights! What's up with that? Anyone else have similar issues? I think they're trying to dick me around.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are DEF trying to shaft you. You could do it yourself in less time than that!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I know, I really don't think it would take me that long to figure it out, never mind do it! I call another local dealership, and they told me to have a body shop do it! I really hate the local dealerships. they're sooo dumb, it sucks. I wish they take care of their customers like Lexus does.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John2.5RS
I know, I really don't think it would take me that long to figure it out, never mind do it! I call another local dealership, and they told me to have a body shop do it! I really hate the local dealerships. they're sooo dumb, it sucks. I wish they take care of their customers like Lexus does.
If you really want them to hear **** fill out one of their surveys... they will regret their horrible service soon after.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
ask them to print out the service advice in their manuals that justify the 2 hour labor recommendation. These dealer service manuals actually quote expected labor time. i'm willing to bet it doesn't say two hours.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
that's retarded. complain to infiniti customer relations if the dealers really are that bad. they deserve the shaft if that's so.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Thumbs down

Now They say that they can't adjust them, that they're self leveling. So how are you guy's adjusting them, since the dealerships can't seem to do it!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
self-leveling headlights should still have a zero setting. i can't guarantee that the ones in the tech G are, but typically there's still an adjustment.

anyhoot... if there's something wrong, why is it not covered under warranty? what IS wrong with their level?

Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
cars lowered.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Is there a list of dealerships with the tool? the guys in the service dept. looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned a special headlight alignment tool./

Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Exclamation

They said they couldn't do it!

They're a bunch of idiots, i'm soooo pissed! I'm going to try ANOTHER dealership (already called 3) and hopefully someone there knows what the F their doing! This is such a PITA! I have to plan all my road trips so I can drive during the day, it's just to dangerous on the freeway on the open road with the regular lights on, and I hate driving around with my high beams on. I don't feel safe driving around my pregnant GF at night, and we leave town almost every other weekend. This sucks, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Lexus LF-A or whatever it's called, I love the G, but I can't stand knowing more about my car that the ENTIRE dealership!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM
if you say that, then you dont know lexus.

lexus is equally stupid and ignorant about many matters.
I have 2 lex's, and the biggest dealership on the west coast can't even figure how to fix my sh**

Old 05-01-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Just curious ... approx how much headlight range did you lose by lowering the car?

I didn't really notice an affect on headlight range myself. I guess I didn't pay enough attention before my car was lowered.

Last edited by terrycs; 05-01-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:08 AM
cars lowered.
was it lowered by different amounts front and rear? because if not, why would you want to re-level your headlights? aim is set by drop height from the center of the projector, not a fixed distance from the ground.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:46 AM
They said they couldn't do it!

They're a bunch of idiots, i'm soooo pissed! I'm going to try ANOTHER dealership (already called 3) and hopefully someone there knows what the F their doing! This is such a PITA! I have to plan all my road trips so I can drive during the day, it's just to dangerous on the freeway on the open road with the regular lights on, and I hate driving around with my high beams on. I don't feel safe driving around my pregnant GF at night, and we leave town almost every other weekend. This sucks, I'm seriously thinking about getting a Lexus LF-A or whatever it's called, I love the G, but I can't stand knowing more about my car that the ENTIRE dealership!

Not sure if the G's headlights are 'self-leveling' but if it is, shouldn't it adjust itself and compensate for any difference in height/aim? The point of self leveling is that no matter how much load may sink the car down, the lights will automatically adjust to always shine at an exceptable level and not end up shining too high to blind other drivers.

I don't notice any difference in light illumination height/area after dropping it.

First time I've ever heard of anyone wanting to switch brands because of headlight adjustments, though...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2+ hours of labor to adjust headlights?!?!