V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

GRIPES -What was Infiniti thinking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL, I take it you've owned some older cars huh?
The newest car I've owned prior to this was a 1998 Civic Si and it didn't have DRLs.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Transport Canada, and other European countries have proven otherwise......which is why they have been implemented here.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ChristianN
The newest car I've owned prior to this was a 1998 Civic Si and it didn't have DRLs.
That's strange Christian.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by happasaiyan
haha

actually, i have an RSX-S, an RDX and an STi...and im currently looking into trading in the RSX and the STi in for something (the wife drives the RDX). my co-worker has let me drive his '07 G35x a few times...and i am seriously looking into get it. (realllllly wish they had a G35x-sport with 6mt, though!)

the other runner-ups are the TL-S, the upcoming TSX or the upcoming TL. currently, its looking like i will sacrifice the AWD for the 6MT and get the G35S. i have gripes with the G and the TL-S, but the G seems like the better package for me, right now.
Yeah, when I decided on my '07 G35S, I was looking at Lexus GS 350, BMW 335I, and either a pre-owned 2005 Acura RL or newer Acura TL-Type S.

I've always been a loyal Honda/Acura guy.
My last car was an 2001 Acura CL Type S with 170K miles and still going strong.
This car was ahead of its time offering 260 horses at a time when other competing sedans only ponied up 225 horses.

But I'm the type to search for the best value for my dollar.
Lexus was completely ruled out because of its high cost and overly cushy ride.
BMW is a fine machine, but again.....you're paying a very high premium, not to mention maintenance costs.
Acura RL wasn't sporty enough and the engine didn't feel like it had the whiplash punch, although it did have all the tech goodies.
Acura TL was a bit low on HP, but a well-balanced chassis and tightness.
Also, the TL body style didn't quite move me....something about the back end looks unfinished, and the side body looks a bit dated.

My ultimate choice, the G.
This car has all the goods......high tech, powerful engine, true sports car rear wheel drive, tight, taut, and sexy curves that stirs emotions.

Until Acura updates their engine HP and maybe hire some Italians to refine the body style......I've become an Infiniti G loyalist to the bone!!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by G Wiz
I've become an Infiniti G loyalist to the bone!!
Welcome to the cult.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G Wiz
Yeah, when I decided on my '07 G35S, I was looking at Lexus GS 350, BMW 335I, and either a pre-owned 2005 Acura RL or newer Acura TL-Type S.

I've always been a loyal Honda/Acura guy.
My last car was an 2001 Acura CL Type S with 170K miles and still going strong.
This car was ahead of its time offering 260 horses at a time when other competing sedans only ponied up 225 horses.

But I'm the type to search for the best value for my dollar.
Lexus was completely ruled out because of its high cost and overly cushy ride.
BMW is a fine machine, but again.....you're paying a very high premium, not to mention maintenance costs.
Acura RL wasn't sporty enough and the engine didn't feel like it had the whiplash punch, although it did have all the tech goodies.
Acura TL was a bit low on HP, but a well-balanced chassis and tightness.
Also, the TL body style didn't quite move me....something about the back end looks unfinished, and the side body looks a bit dated.

My ultimate choice, the G.
This car has all the goods......high tech, powerful engine, true sports car rear wheel drive, tight, taut, and sexy curves that stirs emotions.

Until Acura updates their engine HP and maybe hire some Italians to refine the body style......I've become an Infiniti G loyalist to the bone!!
FYI BMW offers free maintenance for up to 50,000 miles.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
FYI BMW offers free maintenance for up to 50,000 miles.
Yes, I've heard that BMW service guarantee.
But I've also heard that BMW vehicles tend to experience many problems after 50,000.
I have several friends that are BMW loyalists, yet they complain about various repair problems and the costs associated with them.
I think BMW realized this, and offered this warranty as a response to that.
But the number crunchers realize that most of these repairs will occur after the 50K mark.
In any case, the 50K maintenance is quite a convenience perk.
Does this include ALL scheduled maintenance?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah it does. As a response, the Infiniti dealer gave me all my scheduled maintenance for free for 75,000 miles plus a lifetime engine and powertrain warranty as long as I get all of my scheduled service done at that specific dealership. Joy.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Regarding BMW's "free" maintenance...

If you build a BMW 335i with all of the same options in the G, the price is almost $11,000 more. Quite frankly, I would prefer to pay for my own maintenance and keep the $8 or $9,000 difference.

I love my G35x.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by MikeOC
Regarding BMW's "free" maintenance...

If you build a BMW 335i with all of the same options in the G, the price is almost $11,000 more. Quite frankly, I would prefer to pay for my own maintenance and keep the $8 or $9,000 difference.

I love my G35x.
I agree.
I just moved here to SW Florida from Michigan
In the Naples/Ft. Myers area, Beamers are everywhere.
Its like seeing Mustangs in Michigan.
You get tired of seeing them and you become numb to their looks.

The G design is timeless.
The formula works so well that Infiniti will treads carefully with new model year designs staying true to its proportions.

Its sad.
I'm sitting here at work......and all I keep thinking about is driving the car at lunch and on the way home......

Like the Supertrampp song....."Take the long way home......"

Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 PM
my wife has a tl-s and i have the g35s. the g kicks the tls a-s-s hands down in the looks and performance dept. but as far as tech goes its right there with the g. as discussed earlier, the one feature that always stands out is the "acura" tl-s nav system doesnt lock you out when driving. true we have some things that you can do by voice but the majority of the system is run by the touch screen. if im searching for a restuarant i would like to see other options besides the five that are on the screen. i talked with a manager at my dealership and they said infiniti might unlock the system in future models, but what do they know anyways. i also spoke to someone at kp technologies and they said theyre working on a solution for the problem and that theyve been getting alot of request for a bypass. i guess thay have to have so many people interested before they start to produce the hardware. until then i guess were all just playing the waiting game!

Last edited by g u l8er; 09-06-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by g u l8er
my wife has a tl-s and i have the g35s. the g kicks the tls a-s-s hands down in the looks and performance dept. but as far as tech goes its right there with the g. as discussed earlier, the one feature that always stands out is the "acura" tl-s nav system doesnt lock you out when driving. true we have some things that you can do by voice but the majority of the system is run by the touch screen. if im searching for a restuarant i would like to see other options besides the five that are on the screen. i talked with a manager at my dealership and they said infiniti might unlock the system in future models, but what do they know anyways. i also spoke to someone at kp technologies and they said theyre working on a solution for the problem and that theyve been getting alot of request for a bypass. i guess thay have to have so many people interested before they start to produce the hardware. until then i guess were all just playing the waiting game!
Yes, I'm quite disappointed in this lockout feature, and I'm sure the majority of G owners feel the same.
This level of technology should aim at offering choices to the driver instead of restricting them.
Especially in the face of stiff competition from other auto makers.
Even the portable Garmin gps units provide a disclaimer about navigation in a moving vehicle, but still allows you to access the unit while in motion.

Snore......the waiting game....Snore.....
I'm thinking if enough people post complaints on the Infiniti website, they should be quick to offer some type of overide/toggle/bypass.
I certainly offered my suggestions several times.

I'll be waiting patiently.......in motion......

Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM
yeah the manager i spoke to said hes had alot of people, young and old complain about this. this happens to be my only gripe with the car, besides the weak paint and grill. i dont know why some auto makers and forums feel its a liability issue and some dont. i guess everyones entitled to thier own opinion. IMO, they need to hurry up and get this corrected!

Old 09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This topic was discussed, beaten to a bloody pulp, and locked down. The owner of this site, the admins, and mods decided that they do not condone discussion of any modification to defeat a safety feature. If you want to discuss this take it to the forum at KP Technologies website.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah, and as for the complaint of rather having the **** placed in the center console like in BMW's and Audi's...I'd rather have the cupholders there as opposed to the dash.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GRIPES -What was Infiniti thinking?