V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Car alarm questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car alarm questions

I have an 07 G35 sedan and from my understanding the factory alarm doesn't have glass sensors. However, when talking to the dealership, the "faithfull" employee stated that the sensitivity of the alarm is set so high that just shaking the car will make the alarm go off. I know this is not true as for 1 I'm not stupid and 2 I did it to prove to him that it would not go off. Therefore I'm looking into putting an aftermarket alarm in. Here's my question, when putting an aftermarket alarm in, how will it affect the factory alarm, seeing how it has push button start and everything (memory settings for seats,mirrors and dash) is relevant on the key fob provided with the car? Or will it affect it at all?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 AM
installing a basic alarm without remote start will not affect anything about the factory alarm/intellikey or anything else, only issue your might have is if you put trunk pop on your aftermarket alarm, you will need to disarm alarm before poping trunk on the aftermarket alarm or your factory alarm will go off. the factory alarm arms/ disarms with the lock/unlock function. if you put remote start in I recommend the iDataLink can-bus module for all your interfaceing with the factory wiring.

hope this helps

Old 09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
so basically everything will be controlled through the aftermarket alarm's key fob, correct? the only thing that the intellikey will be needed for is basically the ability to start the car.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
yep, intellikey will only be needed for starting

Old 09-23-2007, 09:35 AM
So if I install a viper remote start system, I wont be able to use the little button on the handle anymore (06 g35c) cause the two alarms will be separate? so yeah.. only thing its good for is remote start? just wanna reconfirm it

well **** if you need key fob to turn car on then will remote start work?

Last edited by lostsk8r; 09-23-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:33 PM
you are correct the button on the door handle will be basically something you wont want to use as it will only unlock and disarm factory alarm ,when u open door VIPER alarm will then go off. to install remote start u will need a CAN-BUS module . i recommend the IdataLink part not the FORTIN module. i used the FORTIN module and heard & experienced some issues with them and switched to the IdataLink module. not sure if VIPER has a version of there CAN-BUS modue available yet for the car. also using the FORTIN module u needed to push start button 2 times when u got into car after remote starting (this was a issue because after a extended time period the module would somehow disable the start button and then you actually had to shut down car and restart with button once you got into car , with the IDATALINK module as long as you got the key in your pocket as soon as you hit the foot brake the key takes over and you can then drive. just installed remote start about 2 weeks ago in mine so ANY ?'S FEEL FREE .

Old 10-06-2007, 10:19 AM
What about adding glass sensors to the factory alarm?? Thats my main problem. I will be adding aftermarket parts to my car, and from my understanding the factory alarm doesnt have glass sensors. So if anyone wants to get anything out of the car, all they have to do is break the glass.