V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

My morning at Fast Intentions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
What's this "fouler" that Blue had to have installed?

Would I need this?
Is the system gonna bring me CEL issues?

I'm interested, but being in MA, I wanna be sure this thing is problem free before I jump onboard.
Same here, very interested......

Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"fouler" most likely means one of those spark plug spacer/anti-foulers. it's an old trick to bring the o2 sensor just far enough out of the exhaust path to sense less in the way of emissions without going way out of spec in voltage

Old 05-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Just for some more information on the whole cat-back system, check out this months Popular Mechanics magazine. If one only installs a cat back, there really can be no "engine" issues. Everything is installed past the sensors. Also this system fits the G35 sedan like a glove.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
The non foulers that we use are directly related to the catalytic converter section of the exhaust. Meaning, if you buy just the cat back they do not apply...

Tony

Old 06-15-2008, 06:31 PM
FI Exhaust coming this Friday

Ok, I'm new to the forum and have been following this link on the FI exhaust. Thanks for all of the info. I have called FI and spoken with Tony and placed my order for an install this Friday. Tony has been great on the phone, really takes his time to cover everything. I'm doing the SS polished cat back set up, I did discuss the hiflow cats, but have decided to go the more conservative route.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
The non foulers that we use are directly related to the catalytic converter section of the exhaust. Meaning, if you buy just the cat back they do not apply...

Tony
But I wanted High Flow Cats.
If this occurs with me, swinging by the shop is not an option, being on the other side of the planet!

So.... am I stuck with a cat back system if I wanna avoid these issues?

Old 06-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question:
I read in a couple of the posts here in regards to drivers not liking the stillen exhaust and/or service that they provide.

care to elaborate? thanks

Old 06-16-2008, 04:25 PM
My understanding is you can still do the hi flow cats. Your best bet is to call Tony at FI, 818-882-2788. I decided not to do it out of personal choice. My opinion, the hi flow cats will be too loud. Tony has the answers, is very helpful and takes the time to make sure you're well informed.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^ +1 You can do the high flow cats but I strongly reccomend you get a reflash ASAP to make sure you do not mess with the ECU. It is my understanding that Tony has a way to fool the ECU, but even he said he reccomends a reflash ASAP.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Fast Intentions is on

I went down to fast intentions this morning and had my exhaust system installed. This is a high quality system; it is one of the best I have ever seen. Well constructed, fits like a glove. Tony is meticulous in the installation. He takes the time and effort to make sure it is right, like it was his own car. I have no qualms recommending his system. The system is all 304 Stainless Steel. I did the cat back system and am extremely pleased with the sound. You know it’s there, but it does not drone and it is not overpowering. You hear more on the outside than on the inside. It has a low rumble at start and while it idles. Nice tone through the entire RPM range. I was originally concerned it would be too quiet. Not an issue, it is not too quiet; it is about as perfect as you can get for a sedan. Sound being subjective, none of the sound clips do the system justice. I have heard the Stillen system, in my opinion no comparison. I have also seen the Stillen system, in terms of quality, Fat Intentions has them beat. You would do yourself well to check this system out, you will not be disappointed

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
I have lived with the system now for awhile and I could not be more pleased. It is a pleasure to start the car knowing how fine it sounds going through the gears.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
But I wanted High Flow Cats.
If this occurs with me, swinging by the shop is not an option, being on the other side of the planet!

So.... am I stuck with a cat back system if I wanna avoid these issues?
No I can send the non foulers out with the cats. All you have to do is install them and you will have NO check engine light...

Tony

Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Yup, you won't have CEL what so ever with the foulers!

BTW, I've uploaded a couple more video clips cuz I was bored the other day. lol

Check them out here!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
excellent thread and it's fun watching these things come together.

any word on dyno gains with the FI and the HFCs? I saw the prev. dyno sheets with just the FI but was wondering what the HFCs add to it.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One more thing, I have a question for both Terry and Joey, as I've been going over and over this thread. The sound outside of the car is one thing, what about the inside. I read Terry's response to the FI on the interior and the difference once swapped to the Sebrings.... Terry, what about the Stillen interior sound... was it a lot louder than the FI with Magnaflows?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Fast Intentions ...