V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Sub/Amp install in 07 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is where I bought the loc from, fast shipping good service:

http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/co...Go.x=13&Go.y=9

DOMO

Old 01-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bilaal Porter
shoeless, I still use the factory bose amp, just use the loc for the signal to my own amp. What makes this re-q different from most loc(s) is the fact that it overrides the factory bass limit. I know alot of folks get the JL audio 500/1 amp & W3 combination (which is common) I am not rich, so I worked within my means and budget to get the sound I like.
Thanks. Did you replace the factory speakers or just add a sub? I've got a set of CDT comps for the front and a Boston G5 sub that I'm planning on running in infinite baflle from the rear deck, all driven with a 125x4 Eclipse amp.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Shoeless, I am still running with the factory speakers but since sound proofing the doors, I realize that it would be a snap to add aftermarket speakers. The door speakers (front & rear) have a plastic baffle ring which screws into the door panel. with a lil ingenuity & MDF I think adding speakers should be no problem for you. I might replace mine in a few months, let me know how yours turn out.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Shoeless, I am still running with the factory speakers but since sound proofing the doors, I realize that it would be a snap to add aftermarket speakers. The door speakers (front & rear) have a plastic baffle ring which screws into the door panel. with a lil ingenuity & MDF I think adding speakers should be no problem for you. I might replace mine in a few months, let me know how yours turn out.
Will do. dependinbg on which model i get (base or bose) my install will have differing characteristics. It almost sounds like a bose replacemet would be easier using the LOC you linked to, as the wiring to the amp is already in the trunk. I may hit you up for that TSB link if I wind up getting the premium package.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
PM'd you

Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys...help us out over here in this post...

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/197432-07-g-coupe-sedan-box-4080-course.html

we are trying to get 4080 to build us an enclosure!

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I contacted him, too, and he told me that he's not planning on building the boxes for the sedan for next few months. OH well...

Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
dam!!!! that is some nice system u got there Bilaal Porter!!!!! just wondering... how much?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by _evilMonkey_
dam!!!! that is some nice system u got there Bilaal Porter!!!!! just wondering... how much?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
I don't think BP's system should cost very much. He only added a sub and mono amp.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:53 AM
JL audio is coming out with the Flat sub that fit directly on the rear panel that require either no box or very very small box.currently I am using SEAS reference /mcintosh in my G and loving it.I have a small 8 in in the factory rear panel with a very small box that fit directly under the panel.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
can you post some pics?

Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
does anyone know the colors of the cables I'm supposed to tap before the Bose amp? I want the cleanest signal so I figure the way to achieve this is to tap the wires before the factory amp. And I'm assuming if I do this, I wont need an LOC or line driver correct? Has anyone done it this way with success? Thanks

Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
those of you who know more about how the Bose system actually works correct me if i am wrong...but i think you have to go after the amp because the amp actually does some sort of processing to the signal from the head unit. I am pretty sure we tapped mine after the amp.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by stanfna
those of you who know more about how the Bose system actually works correct me if i am wrong...but i think you have to go after the amp because the amp actually does some sort of processing to the signal from the head unit. I am pretty sure we tapped mine after the amp.
stanfna, did you use a LOC or line driver? do you know what color wires you tapped. I tapped wires before and after the bose amp and nothing is coming out of the amp/box.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sub/Amp install in 07 Sedan