V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Valentine One Laser Faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine One Laser Faults

Does anyone who has a Valentine One in their 2007+ g35 have a problem with getting constant laser faults on overcast days/ at night? I do have Navigation, but I don't have laser guided speed control (not even sure if that is an option). I keep the radar detector to the right of my rear view mirror, ,any information as to what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I have my V1 mounted right under my rearview mirror. I do have the ICC, and I very rarely have problems with laser faults from my radar. I don't get any more "jokers", as they refer to them, then you would get regardless of what car you were driving.

Not sure what could be causing your problems. Do you drive by a lot of strip malls, or stores with automatic doors?

Old 03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oddly enough, I have noticed that the false lasers in my car are coming from the headlights....

If I turn on my car in the morning and the headlights are on the laser goes nuts (headlights are reflecting off of the house). If I turn off the headlights the false alarms go away.

Similarly, as I drive if I get too close to the car in front of me the laser alarm goes off - my guess is the headlights are reflecting off of the chrome bumper of the car in front of me.

Originally I thought it had to be the ICC, but if I shut off the headlights the false alarms go away.

I got my V1 shortly before the DST switch, so the first week I owned it I didn't have any false alarms. Once the DST change came I had them constantly in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

Can anyone else replicate this?

Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No, I don't - get infrequent falses from a) other Infinitis with ICC or b) some vehicles (like Chevy Blazer) have third brake lights that emit on the same frequency as lasers.

No tech package for me either.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
No problem here. I've only had one laser display on my V1. I was in the middle of traffic, so I suspect it was someone's ICC.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:49 PM
no problems here.. i also have ICC + a sun pass

Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I've had no problems, just a whole bunch of J's on my trip from NOLA to Dallas...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I have my V1 mounted just like you do next to the rear view mirror with a stealthcord. I haven't have any problems with false laser unless I take the V1 off the window shield and accidently aimed the receiver to my dash broad or nagaviation.

P.S: I will try to avoid all FX since most of them have the laser guided curise and set off the laser like craze.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 PM
^^^^ yea but thats only if the driver has the ICC engaged at the exact time your passing him by

Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
^^^^ yea but thats only if the driver has the ICC engaged at the exact time your passing him by
I don't know if that's true because I'll always get a false laser if there is a FX close to me especially if they are behind me. I don't know if is their headlights or the ICC, but why will they turn on the ICC during rush hour traffic?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I get laser falts from time to time from HID projector headlights flashing at the cutoff. Maybe a few times a month in traffic.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27

That's not true. The laser ranging is also used for the pre crash seat belts and preview braking, so it's running full time.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by JS7773
Oddly enough, I have noticed that the false lasers in my car are coming from the headlights....

If I turn on my car in the morning and the headlights are on the laser goes nuts (headlights are reflecting off of the house). If I turn off the headlights the false alarms go away.

Similarly, as I drive if I get too close to the car in front of me the laser alarm goes off - my guess is the headlights are reflecting off of the chrome bumper of the car in front of me.

Originally I thought it had to be the ICC, but if I shut off the headlights the false alarms go away.

I got my V1 shortly before the DST switch, so the first week I owned it I didn't have any false alarms. Once the DST change came I had them constantly in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

Can anyone else replicate this?

i just purchased a 08 g35 6mt (premium/nav but no tech package) and installed the v1 above the mirror to the right and when i'm parked in my garage with the headlights on, the laser goes crazy as well

it was actually going off the whole time tonight as well as i was driving around my complex.

anyone else know why?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
No, I don't - get infrequent falses from a) other Infinitis with ICC or b) some vehicles (like Chevy Blazer) have third brake lights that emit on the same frequency as lasers.

No tech package for me either.
... +1

Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Just picked up a G35

Just picked up an 08 G35 with navi and I had a problem with my V1 going off on laser warning when I had it mounted over the rearview on the driver side. I moved it over so that the V1 is only about an inch overlaping the rearview at the same hight as prior and all my problems stopped (well I have not tried it at night yet).

I had an 05 FX35 (without ICC) prior and only ones with the ICC would set it off. Since I am in a small town, I know exactly which ones they are and had the opportuity to ask the owners if they had the ICC equipped.

Thought I would post what Valentine says about false alarms:
http://www.valentine1.com/FalseAlarms/

And how to disable certain functions on your V1:
http://www.automated-design.com/concours/tech/v1.htm

Look forward to picking up and sharing some tricks on the G and recommend
http://www.infinitifx.org
/portal.php?sid=8518c3ef303347128cd3da6467b0808f
if you get an FX.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine One Laser Faults