V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Look what I Got......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Omegamerc
Yeah tanabe instructions say to replace the bolts(i think i threw the install sheet out.

i always throw them out too..

Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
got the GT Spec strut bar on. Were no instructions but took all of 15 min. All you need is a 12mm and a 19mm sockets, a 17mm wrench and an 8mm allen. It comes assembled but loose. Take the center bar off. Then take the nuts off the strut towers, slide the tower plate in and put the supplied nuts on. Once both are on, put the center brace in place and snug it up. Adjust the height on both sides to get where you want and tighten fully.

I have pictures but don't have my card reader here, so I'll have to post them later. Looks good and fits perfectly. Am driving down about 40 miles away tonight and I'll post a report in the morning.

Last edited by sredish; 09-01-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I wanna know how she fits once the Pop-Charger is installed!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Aeson, I really see no reason it won't fit. The cross bar is towards the back of the engine compartment and crosses over upper rubber part of the intake which isn't swapped out and there's a good bit of clearance now, so I'm anticipating a zero-issue deal.

Drove it down to Dallas last night about an hour each way. The car actually felt a little more connected to the road and it felt a tad tighter over bumpy roads. What I seemed to feel was very subtle, it'd be interesting to see what kind of difference I could feel on the track.

I know a lot of people gawked at it due to it being 'adjustable' but if you look at where the center cross bar mounts, you can see the direction of pressure from the strut towers is in line with the cross bar, not towards the hinged angle so I personally don't feel the hinged part or adjustable part is taking away from the bracing.

I still have the under-car brace to install as well. And I'll get pics up soon, hopefully.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sredish
Lookey what I got....

After calling at least 6 places and getting nothing but "are they making that yet, I'm not showing it" to repeated answering machines to, "never heard of that" and "I'll call you back after I check" with no return phone calls, some of which are site sponsors.... I ended up getting a hold of the guy at OutPerformanceShop.com. He put me on hold for 1 minute to check stock and said he could have it to me by next Tuesday... I said awesome, lets do it. Low and behold, 2 days later, it's here in my office.

Tanabe Under-car Brace. Probably won't do much but it shore is purrty...

For the record, I also have a pair of H&R sway bars on order. Front is 36mm thick and rear is 24mm or something like that. Both, front and rear, are adjustable. I'm hoping it'll tighten up more now with these over the Stillens.
Hey! I just got mine today but It does not fits my X. I never notice it wont fits the X before.Da*n i guess i have to post FS.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Here's the instructions.

Attached Thumbnails Look what I Got......-under-brace.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Got the brace installed and will see if there's any noticeable difference; I'm doubting there's any. Nonetheless, it's on now. I'll be posting up some pics in the Pics section.

EDIT: Link to the pics- https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...ml#post3389066