V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Not happy with G35 Sport handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I didn't realize how much more effort it took to work the G brakes until we bought our Honda Civic Si. Everytime you get out of the G and into the Honda, the first thing you do is test the seatbelts That thing will put your nose on the windshield in a heartbeat.

I even have Hawk HPS pads, StopTech drilled rotors and SS lines in the G.
Well I guess I won't waste the money on a brake upgrade then. Thanks for saving me money and effort

Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
what exactly don't you like about the handling?
Handling can mean 2 major things and countless minor things that has to do with suspension/chassis' behavior........

Old 10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
If I had to guess, he probably isn't pleased with the understeer entering corners and oversteer exiting.

Both of which will benefit 1stly from a driver mod (then tires and alignment) before fixing the suspension.

Coming from the guy that spent the money on suspension first and now is realizing that he should have learned to drive first

Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
If I had to guess, he probably isn't pleased with the understeer entering corners and oversteer exiting.

Both of which will benefit 1stly from a driver mod (then tires and alignment) before fixing the suspension.

Coming from the guy that spent the money on suspension first and now is realizing that he should have learned to drive first
This is where i was going to when i saw the OP's post. I personally think u should learn how to drive fast with POS suspension and after that u will most likely will not post and ask what can i do to improve the "handling".
If u know how to drive ur car fast on stock suspension, only after that you will know what u need to improve the handling of the car not us on the forum.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
This is where i was going to when i saw the OP's post. I personally think u should learn how to drive fast with POS suspension and after that u will most likely will not post and ask what can i do to improve the "handling".
If u know how to drive ur car fast on stock suspension, only after that you will know what u need to improve the handling of the car not us on the forum.
It is quite humbling being smoked by better drivers in worse cars. It has taken me 7 months, 1 set of tires and $2,500+ in mods to figure out that my gray matter needed the upgrade.

Now I get to events earlier and stay later just to talk to other competitors. I ride along and ask them to ride with me. I've even had others drive my car, just so I can see what and how they do things. I pay more attention when I am not driving to see what others do. I video my runs so I can see what I did and try and learn from it.

The biggest thing that's helping me is figuring out that the go pedal is not an on/off switch and that slow in and fast out is more than a cliche. Even this weekend, some of the fastest drivers were having to dial back their aggression in order to make faster times. In some cases, picking a better line and carrying more momentum allowed them to pick up 2 seconds on a 37 second run. That's huge! I picked up .5 seconds on my 39.3 second run by dialing things back and just being smoother.

My tires (so far) aren't looking nearly as beat up either!

Old 10-19-2008, 12:45 AM
I actually wasn't looking to autox or track this particular car or to have a "competitive" setup, just a simple improvement over stock for daily driving. I have owned a few competive auto x & track cars from the early 90's until about a year-and-half ago, which was when I sold my last auto x/track car. Not saying that I was an outstanding driver, but perhaps better than average. Hey, there's always room for improvement for the nut behind the wheel. I just don't have the time to do weekend auto-x, track days, & driving school events (cars & motorcycles). Fun stuff and had a blast doing it back in the day, but just too busy trying to make that money these days.