V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Best Mods for '08 Platinum Graphite G35xS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2008 | 05:53 PM
|
Best Mods for '08 Platinum Graphite G35xS?

Hey guys, just less than 5 days until I finally bring home my PG G35xS and was wondering what are the best mods for this trim/color?

I know there are several things specific to the Sport and AWD G35s as well as other mods concerning aesthetics that go better with certain colors than others so I was wondering if those of you with a PG or xS or both could post some ideas/pictures on what to do with my ride.

I'm most interested in a moderate drop (Eibach or similar that won't lessen AWD performance or make me scrape) as well as minor/major exterior changes such as front lips (anything available for the sport?) and painting the headlights/overlays/spoiler/etc.

Thanks guys, trying to learn as much as possible before this Saturday!

Old 11-03-2008 | 06:53 PM
That's my car as well. The only option I didn't go with is the Tech package. Absolutely love this car.

I have not done any mods yet, but my wish list goes something like this.

Window Tint (a must)
FI Catback (a must)
FI HFC (maybe)
Ingen CAI (maybe)

Interior LED's or some for of ambient interior lighting. Tough mod I would gather, but I love the look.

Sometime in the future upgrade the rims and tires and do a slight drop. I actually don't mind the sport rims and tires and think they look decent so this will be on the back burner for a little while.

Old 11-03-2008 | 08:57 PM
i just started gettin stuff on my car too...
i would do mods to make my car look good first
i'm doin lights, tint, headlights
then maybe some lowering on my car

Old 11-03-2008 | 10:38 PM
Did you end up getting one of the PG's with stone interior? I think there were two on the lot a couple of weeks ago. They had one that was WAAAY back there next to the QX's.

Old 11-04-2008 | 01:43 AM
oC|-TiTaN ah, I see that you finally settled on an '08. Well, congrats on your purchase . As what mods to do first...I dropped my ride first w/ Eibachs and threw on a trunk spoiler second. Dropping our G's does clean up the look of the car quite well. Good luck w/ all your future modz.

Old 11-04-2008 | 05:12 PM
|
Yep I'm gettin one of the PG's with stone which is gorgeous inside and out btw. It has 8 miles on the odometer which is always awesome!

G35xQX1 - Do you have before and after pics so I can get a good idea how low the Eibachs are on the G35x? I know looking at non-x cars with Eibachs wont be very accurate to get an idea of the drop. I don't want to scrape anywhere.

Old 11-04-2008 | 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by oC|-TiTaN
Yep I'm gettin one of the PG's with stone which is gorgeous inside and out btw. It has 8 miles on the odometer which is always awesome!

G35xQX1 - Do you have before and after pics so I can get a good idea how low the Eibachs are on the G35x? I know looking at non-x cars with Eibachs wont be very accurate to get an idea of the drop. I don't want to scrape anywhere.
Take a look @ this thread for after the drop. https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...07g35x-ip.html Unfortunately, I do not have any pics of it before the drop, but if you wander around picture share on driver, I'm sure you are bound to run into a pic of an undropped one. As we both live in the midwest, if you do drop your car you are bound to scrape it especially if u hit one of those @#!* potholes..trust me I've run into my fair share and was pissed. Still, I don't regret dropping my car b/c I love the look and the cornering increase.