V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Silly question, newbie sorta.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silly question, newbie sorta.

Hi all, I am on my 3rd Infiniti. Had a 02' G20, 04' G35 Coupe 6MT, now I am the proud owner of an 08 G35 Sedan. I love it! I am learning all the new toys. It has Nav and the Studio on wheels package I will post up some pics this week.

My question is, I am new with the intelligent key era. I cannot seem to duplicate it but it seems there are times when I walk up to the car press unlock button on the door and the headlights will turn on. The strange thing is it doesn't do it every time. I cannot seem to duplicate it when I want. Is this a feature? Is something broke?

Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, usually if your headlights are put on auto mode and if it dark lol
Sometimes if your in a well lit area, it won't turn on.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I figured it had something to do with the auto lights but it doesn't do it all the time at night. The car is sitting in a pitch black garage and when I press unlock on the door the lights do not turn on. However they have before..

Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Do you think you turn off the headlights and not keep it on auto at times?

Old 12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
They are on Auto right now, just went outside to try it. They didnt turn on. Do yours turn on when you unlock at night?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I just tried everything possible.
In the pitch dark under auto and off.
Outside under auto and off.
Tried to lock and unlock with the key fob and the door.

and my lights didn't turn on.
But I''ve never noticed my lights turning on when I unlock my car.
You must do something else that causes it to do that.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
I just went outside tried to get it to happen. I got it to happen once but all I did was lock and unlock a few times with the key in my pocket and using the button on the door.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
I tried that too but it didn't work.
Thats weird.

Let some other guys see if they have the same thing happening to them, cuz I couldn't get it to happen.

I don't think it's really a problem, well I hope not.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
HAHA sounds good. Its actually not a bad feature, if its dark why not have them come on when you walk up and unlock the door.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Haha, I know seriously.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
With the lights set to Auto, shut the car off and the lights stay on until the door is shut... then they turn off.
If the door is reopened, they will turn back on.

I'm not sure what the time limit is, but after so long with the door closed, they will not turn back on again until the car is started and the car feels it's dark enough for them to be on.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Oooh my god, i thought i was going crazy. i have had my g for 14 months, and just recently i noticed that once in a while, the headlights go on when i touch the ikey button on the door. It is un-repeatable.. I cannot get it to happen with any variables that i can see. The certain time theory.....debunked. I worked 11 hours last monday and when i left work, pressed the button and the lights came on. Also, i park my car in a dark garage nightly, and when i try to leave in the am (garage very dark, auto lights on as always), the lights have NEVER come on when i unlock via the same button.

You might think jaguar had something to do with the electrical wiring of this car. You know-----if the wipers dont work, and the turn signals dont blink, then the radio has a problem. Hahaha. glad i am not the only one to experience this phenomenon.

Any Infiniti employees care to drop some thoughts if you have a suspicion, or any direct knowledge.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by RowanBuds
Oooh my god, i thought i was going crazy. i have had my g for 14 months, and just recently i noticed that once in a while, the headlights go on when i touch the ikey button on the door. It is un-repeatable.. I cannot get it to happen with any variables that i can see. The certain time theory.....debunked. I worked 11 hours last monday and when i left work, pressed the button and the lights came on. Also, i park my car in a dark garage nightly, and when i try to leave in the am (garage very dark, auto lights on as always), the lights have NEVER come on when i unlock via the same button.

You might think jaguar had something to do with the electrical wiring of this car. You know-----if the wipers dont work, and the turn signals dont blink, then the radio has a problem. Hahaha. glad i am not the only one to experience this phenomenon.

Any Infiniti employees care to drop some thoughts if you have a suspicion, or any direct knowledge.
I am SOOO glad I am not the only one, guess someone had to be crazy enough to want to ask about it. I even looked it up in the book..

Old 12-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I've had this happen to me several times. Heck, it just happened to me yesterday. It's cool feature if I knew how to control it...

Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
With the lights set to Auto, shut the car off and the lights stay on until the door is shut... then they turn off.
If the door is reopened, they will turn back on.

I'm not sure what the time limit is, but after so long with the door closed, they will not turn back on again until the car is started and the car feels it's dark enough for them to be on.
Dude, I have to tell you - if you've had this happen I'll take your word for it, but this has never occurred with my G. In fact, I just tested it, waiting until the lights went off then re-opening the door. Do you have your delay turned off?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Silly question, newbie sorta.