V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Tread Wear - Bridgestone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeFuente
Anyone try Goodyear Eagle F1's?
YES PASS ON THEM. They're horrible tires and the only reason I haven't replaced them is because I'm going to wait until they're done and then replace the wheels and tires altogether at the same time and go aftermarket.

DO NOT get Goodyears. AWFUL tires.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by tensaix
Currently 23k on my '07 G35S. Need to replace the tires soon. Dealership said $1200 for all 4 tires. What's the average price to replace all 4 tires? A local tire shop said its about $1160 for eagle f1s.
~$800. Order them online and take them to a tire place.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by BigDawg35
I've got them on my car and really like them. I read a LOT of people complaining that theirs are loud. Mine are NOT loud at all. I've had them for about 8k miles thus far. My Bridgestones lasted right at 26k before the rears were bald.

This thread has some pics of my Goodyear Eagle F1's on my car: https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...s-my-07-a.html

Edited to add: I paid $950 installed (tax included) for my set.
Just wait. They're going to start roaring.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by airhoppz
~$800. Order them online and take them to a tire place.
Holy crap thats cheap $800...here in Canada they rape us it cost me $1500 for Hankooks but i don't know if there any good tho, we'll see...

Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL - I got 10k miles on my first set of Bridgestones, 9k on the second set. And that's without smoking the tires or anything obnoxious - they're just soft compound tires.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
YES PASS ON THEM. They're horrible tires and the only reason I haven't replaced them is because I'm going to wait until they're done and then replace the wheels and tires altogether at the same time and go aftermarket.

DO NOT get Goodyears. AWFUL tires.
Eh...I have a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics on right now, and they're okay. Fantastic in the wet, good in dry, and okay tread wear. Probably won't buy them again though, will switch to Pilots.

Oh - one weird thing. All of the Michelins I've used so far have been well-balanced; the Goodyears seem to be harder to balance, and you can hear that they're not perfectly round? Odd, but the tire place confirmed that Michelin has the lead here, and other brands just aren't as good.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Eh...I have a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics on right now, and they're okay. Fantastic in the wet, good in dry, and okay tread wear. Probably won't buy them again though, will switch to Pilots.

Oh - one weird thing. All of the Michelins I've used so far have been well-balanced; the Goodyears seem to be harder to balance, and you can hear that they're not perfectly round? Odd, but the tire place confirmed that Michelin has the lead here, and other brands just aren't as good.
Yeah, I get a horrendous wup-wup-wup noise at low speeds from my front tires. It's brutal....I can't wait until I save up enough for a nice set of wheels so I can ditch these tires asap. If not, I'll be going back to Bridgestones after these Goodyears.

F1s are great in wet weather, but I'd gladly go back to a little hydroplaning to get super-traction in dry weather and a softer and quieter ride.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
i actually work for bridgestone and its normal to have the 050s be due for replacement at under 30k. the G tire is not made for mileage rather for performance. We do make a FireHawk GT which is made for mileage or the Bridgestone Turanza which are made for mileage as well if your looking for something that lasts

Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted
i actually work for bridgestone and its normal to have the 050s be due for replacement at under 30k. the G tire is not made for mileage rather for performance. We do make a FireHawk GT which is made for mileage or the Bridgestone Turanza which are made for mileage as well if your looking for something that lasts

I'm at 16,000 and the wear bars are starting to show, I've got about 30% left. I'm gonna try and scoop up a set of new coupe 19's between now and my tires being gone.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
I'm at 16,000 and the wear bars are starting to show, I've got about 30% left. I'm gonna try and scoop up a set of new coupe 19's between now and my tires being gone.
the 19s are going costs you more when time to replace.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted
the 19s are going costs you more when time to replace.
Yea, but I want the rims and there's no better time than when my tires are show to pick up a new set of wheels.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten
Yea, but I want the rims and there's no better time than when my tires are show to pick up a new set of wheels.
+1, I'm going to do the same thing. About 60% left on my rears with my Goodyear F1s...horrible tires! Do not want!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Have any of you installed the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on a G35X or if not the X, then on a regular G35?

These are supposed to be the highest rated tire for the G35X. Hard to find at dealers, but I got them at TireRack today, so we'll see how they work out. I hope others who use them are happy with them. If not, I could still return them, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
T1328

Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Cool

Just wait. They're going to start roaring.
I'll second that!

Go to Tire Rack's Web Site and read all the reviews for these horrific tires. We all can't be wrong!

Regards,

Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
i'm getting Hankook ventus v12 evo"s. the bridgestones are noisy, don't handle well in the wet, and are very costly. Car and Driver magazine just tested several tires and the hankooks came in 2nd among some high competition. ie. michelin P S 2's came in behind the Hankooks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tread Wear - Bridgestone