V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

draining battery ploblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Yup. Worse thing is there is only one dealer within 2 hours of me! It sucks! No car loses that much battery power so fast. On the other hand, quite a few of us seem to have the problem. I honestly don't know what it could be except maybe the key perimeter detection system. I also came across quite a few posts from Gen1 peeps with power drain issues but nothing definitive.
I am the same way with distance to the closest Dealer. I would still go to the next closest one.
It is really unacceptable with a new car, I think I would also document everything and start contacting Infiniti to complain about having a new car that will not start consistently.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to all fela with advised. Here is what i had posted on myg37 after mine first visit the stealer that i got mine G from. MTF!! I hate them so much!!
Just b'cos of the aftermkt battery and they blame it!!

Da"n Manhattan Infiniti Service DEPT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update guy! so i jump start the car and took it to
F+ Service DEPT Manhattan Infiniti.The guy name "Rene" step up and asking me.
So i explain to him that this has been mine second battery (Redtop) that i bought brand new.The first thing he said that " You're really in big trouble,Sir"
I was like WTF!! He haven't check and see the car for what is causing the drain out battery.Then i said i need him to check up and he said to me that "it will be $150 for just checking the car if it's not cover by warranty since you used aftermkt battery" I meant WTF how ta heg he can proved that his OEM battery is better than mine REDTOP and WTF again!!!!
So i said I don't give a da'n with the battery price if it's not cover..i can paid for but mine concerned is the cause of the drain out with mine 2nd battery since it's already happended with most all our G and alot in G37 Coupe.This guy try not to listen to me but even talk sh't trying to escape and refused! so i went to the sales dept.trying to complaint them about this guy finally a girl name April from Service DEPt call me up and reschedule for me on April 6th with a loaner. I hope they can fix it for me under warranty. I've told them that if this is not warranty so this will be mine first and last infiniti ever.most of our family has been a good infiniti user.
If someone out there can guide me to pls.!! I hope Kenny could help me out.

Sorry for the long story but i'm so dissapoint the Infiniti with KIA Services!

i will keep you guy update

I still waiting for Kenny to contact me but haven't heard from him. Seriously i'm 90% giving up with this sh*t already.If this thing don't fix i will end this G immediatly.I'm consider ISF!! Hope fully Infiniti Stealer won't F'up w/me again

Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by rustyeleio
Did you check to see if the alternator was working properly? Before you completely give up on Infiniti, make sure that you have returned all the wiring tie-ins back to stock. The problem may be with the wiring rather than the added load from those equipment. There may be a short somewhere that doen't have a fuse protecting it. Just a suggestion.
Hey! thanks Bro.
Before i bring it to the local shop to check the alt.Should i change new battery or just leave it like that with old battery.Sorry for the noob.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Update. Since i got no time today so went to a local shop replace new battery and have him run the test on ALT.and it's came out ok maybe b'cos we just change new Batt. Will wait couple day and run the voltage check again.
BTW MR.KENNY from Manhasset Infiniti suppost to contact me but hopeless.He's not a man of his word so F it. this will be my first and last G ever.1 year of bad experience.As you may know

* Sales DEPT: Try to sell their car and Services
* Service DEPT: Try to distroy the warranty

Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That sucks since you can't get any help from Kenny or the Dealership he works for.

Keep us updated.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
earthO,

It sounds like the service rep could have been more helpful but after reading your post, I don't think he has done anything "wrong" yet. It sounds like he told you that, if they find the problem is with the aftermarket battery, that they will charge you for their time because the Infiniti warranty does not cover the red top battery. This seems fair to me. If their troubleshooting tells them that the problem is elsewhere then they will not charge you as long as the problem is covered under warranty. Again, this sounds totally legitimate. The service rep didn't tell you that he would charge you $150 no matter what, it sounded like he was preparing you for the possibility that they may charge you if the problem turns out to be the battery. Hopefully you did not cuss the sevice rep out before giving him a chance to explain himself. Pissing off the service rep before you need to is never good.

Before you get too far along with your own repairs, let Infiniti try. The more you do on your own at this point will make them suspect that you are causing the problem.

If the service rep tries to blame the battery then my opinion follows. (only an opinion )
The Magnusen Moss Act states that the dealer cannot require you to use OEM part unless they are willing to replace the part for free (i.e. covered under warranty). The use of ORM (original replacement manufacturer) is legal for normal wear parts that are not covered under warranty. Good examples of this are things like brake pads and tires. The battery, I think, would be considered a normal wear part. Basically, as long as the part meets or exceeds their requirements and does not cause any harm to the car, you should be allowed to use it. Check if the battery is the same size, CCA and RC. This does not cover "upgraded", "modified" or "performance" parts though.

The situation you are in is grey if the problem was in the actual battery (doubtful). In which case, when you replaced your own battery you may have "voided" the warranty on the battery itself, if it ever was covered under warranty. The act of replacing the battery should not void the warranty on any other part of the car unless the new battery caused the issue.

Also make sure that the cause is not the wiring added for the fog lights or LCD, etc... otherwise Infiniti will charge you for all the labor again. Make sure that all the aftermarket electronics are turning off properly when the car is turned off.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
thanks Bro.you're really help. I understand everything you've said.I will give it a try one more time since i have totally took off everything.I will have it check at my friend local shop once more time to make sure the ploblems is from the ALT. Will let you know. Thanks alot.!!!!