V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Climate Control issue.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate Control issue.

2008 G35S Sedan.

After installing an Invisicord on the back of the center mirror, my car has developed a couple of problems. I had the connector removed / disconnected from the back of the mirror for about 15-20 minutes. A multimeter indicates that I'm still getting power to the connector, and the radar detector receives power too.

#1 - The Homelink no longer works. I am unable to re-program it at all. The LED on the mirror will not flash when pressing any of the three buttons. The manual says that the Homelink will remember the programming even if the car battery is dead, so I don't think it is a programming issue, but rather some sort of electrical issue, see #2 below.

#2 - The Climate Control shuts itself OFF when the car is shut off. It must be manually turned back on every time the car is started.

Both of these problems only appeared after installing the Invisicord. I checked all of the fuses. Every single one. It isn't apparent which fuse actually controls the Climate Control or the interior mirror, so I checked all of them. Everything else works as advertised.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink, clock stoped working

hello there;

did you get any solutions for your problems?
i conected my radar last night and i am having the same issues.

i didi it before with another g i had with no problems.

thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
i have a problem with the climate control as well but it is different. it was after i did the "forbidden mod" and now occasionally while im driving on a hot day with windows open, the AC will turn on FULL BLAST on Auto and wont let me turn it off or even turn it down...

Old 06-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody got any solutions to this issue. Im also presented with the same predicament.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:51 PM
I just got done going over every little thing i could think of. When i was trying to install a direct wire for my radar detector i struck the wire and my cars computer went nuts. The items that went down are the HVAC, Heated Seats and Compass. I don't know what else to look for. I am afraid i might have taken out a relay. Anyone have any clue as to where to look. Some people say it might be a relay, some say it might be the circuit board on the back of the HVAC which controls Audio and Climate. I don't know what to do from here plus I'm broke again. I just paid $1500 just to get everything serviced at 100k and now i have this to fix. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
So I have done some research and talked to an Infiniti Tech. Their discussion brought up to the conclusion that the BCM is at fault and needs replacement due to short when trying to install direct wire in rear view mirror. It took out everything (cluster, HVAC, Heated seats, compass, shift lock, etc.) I will be going to Infiniti tomorrow morning for diagnostics to check how much damaged has been done to the computer. I will keep you guys updated.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Updated: BCM did fail and needed to clean electrical connections to interior fuse box. The repair totaled out to around $360 without diagnostics.