V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Bluetooth cuts in and out during call

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bluetooth cuts in and out during call

Merry New Year!

Wanted to see if any other owners out there have had issues with their phone dropping the bluetooth connection with the car while on a call.

For example, I'll be on a call and all of the sudden the LCD on the car goes blank and the radio starts playing again. Then, the connection will re-establish after a few seconds or not at all. This has now happened with my first gen Galaxy S and now my Google Nexus4.

Thanks,

Lew

Old 01-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
Merry New Year!

Wanted to see if any other owners out there have had issues with their phone dropping the bluetooth connection with the car while on a call.

For example, I'll be on a call and all of the sudden the LCD on the car goes blank and the radio starts playing again. Then, the connection will re-establish after a few seconds or not at all. This has now happened with my first gen Galaxy S and now my Google Nexus4.

Thanks,

Lew
Lew, unfortunately the Galaxy S first gen and the Google Nexus 4 are not recommended compatible phones for this vehicle. The S4 is the only Galaxy phone recommended and the Google Nexus One is the only Google phone that is recommended. You can check by going to www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth to see for yourself. This most likely is the problem. Hope this helps bro.

The following users liked this post:
Sweet Lew (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 AM
ORLY???

That really sucks...Where was this site when I was buying a new phone?!?!? LOL. Oh well. I was hoping for a software\firmware update for an answer but I guess I'll have to live with it or get an external BT speaker like my wife's SuperTooth Buddy.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Lew

Old 01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Anytime bro glad to be of assistance

Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought my 07 in 09. I had the mic replaced under warranty but nothing changed. I just gave up and no longer use it because I got tired of having to yell all the time.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Jason,

Does Infiniti\Nissan release firmware\software updates periodically? When I had my Volvo, there were multiple updates to some of the computers (TCM, UEM, etc). If you ask will they do them if they are available?

Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Periodically they will and it will be on a disc that you put in the cd slot and it updates the audio/video software. They have updates for the newer models that are experiencing I-phone 5 issues for sure. Infiniti bends over backwards to make sure that all of the Apple products work great but they lack on the Android side of things. Just like on the new models you can hook an Iphone to the usb port and play music from your phone, but hook and Android up and it will only charge your phone. For Android users...we have to stream via bluetooth to play music off of our phones which is B.S if you ask me but what can you do? lol