V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Fixed rear side creaking noise.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Fixed rear side creaking noise.

I fixed rear side creaking noise myself. I only had 1,500kms when I heard creaking noise from rear side of my car. It was really annoying since the car was brand new and the noise was hiding somewhere I couldn't find. I took it to a dealershop and they wouldn't want to fix it, so I decided to fix it by myself.
It was bit hard for me to find where the noise was coming from.
I thought it was coming from rear parcel shelf but it was coming from rear seat area.
Here is how I did it. If you here creaking noise almost everytime you drive and whatever the road condition is, use this way to fix it.
First, you have to remove rear seats.
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-017.htm
That is for 03 sedan but it was pretty much the same. It won't be that hard. Only thing that is bit confusing is that you will have to pull seatbelt clippers out first to remove seat bottom easily.
Only remove 3 things. Seat bottom, arm holder and seat back.
and see the first picture. My noise was coming from driver side. Yours might be passenger side.
hold the metal just like I am and pull and push really gently. (You won't here anything if you give any power to it.)
If you think that is the sound you hear everytime you drive, put the back side of hammer like in picture2 and pry(?) it gently. Do this around near in picture2 and try picture1 again, do this until you don't here creaking noise.
And that is how I fixed it. Now you will have to put seats back on yourself. Once again, seatbelt clipper was the hardest part for me to put the backseat on.
I hope that is the annoying creaking sound you hear.
P.S Do not overpower and break anything.

rattle

Attached Thumbnails Fixed rear side creaking noise.-picture-116.jpg   Fixed rear side creaking noise.-picture-119.jpg  

Last edited by cleannnnn; 06-21-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cleannnnn
I fixed rear side creaking noise myself. I only had 1,500kms when I heard creaking noise from rear side of my car. It was really annoying since the car was brand new and the noise was hiding somewhere I couldn't find. I took it to a dealershop and they wouldn't want to fix it, so I decided to fix it by myself.
It was bit hard for me to find where the noise was coming from.
I thought it was coming from rear parcel shelf but it was coming from rear seat area.
Here is how I did it. If you here creaking noise almost everytime you drive and whatever the road condition is, use this way to fix it.
First, you have to remove rear seats.
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-017.htm
That is for 03 sedan but it was pretty much the same. It won't be that hard. Only thing that is bit confusing is that you will have to pull seatbelt clippers out first to remove seat bottom easily.
Only remove 3 things. Seat bottom, arm holder and seat back.
and see the first picture. My noise was coming from driver side. Yours might be passenger side.
hold the metal just like I am and pull and push really gently. (You won't here anything if you give any power to it.)
If you think that is the sound you hear everytime you drive, put the back side of hammer like in picture2 and pry(?) it gently. Do this around near in picture2 and try picture1 again, do this until you don't here creaking noise.
And that is how I fixed it. Now you will have to put seats back on yourself. Once again, seatbelt clipper was the hardest part for me to put the backseat on.
I hope that is the annoying creaking sound you hear.
P.S Do not overpower and break anything.

rattle
Hey Clean.

I know it is hard to describe a noise, but was what you were hearing a creaking noise coming from the back seat?

By prying this with the hammer, are you creating a gap between two touching parts?

Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
This is almost 7 years old OP is LONG GONE. Yes creating the gap is what makes the noise go away.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
Bahahaha^

Old 02-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I thought this thread needed a thorough dusting. Where's the delete button?!?!?!?!?!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
Its okay mike just having a little fun here. thanks to you though I might be opening my trunk today.