V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Grounding Wires Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Grounding Wires Installed

Today, I got my ground wires from "Betty's Garage Grounding Wires" installed today. Price was $69 shipped with a Tech Flex outer cover (the 8 ga. is $55). Install took 10 min. and that's with me going slow and just checking things out slowly. It was almost too easy. The kit consists of three wires; 1) right inner body to right side engine block, 2) left side engine block to left inner body and 2) left inner body to negative battery terminal.

I went with 4 ga. wire but they also sell an 8 ga. kit. Got it all installed, then fired it up to make sure everything was in working order. I jabbed the throttle 4 or 5 times sitting there in Park and I'd swear it was a tad bit more responsive but I don't want to say it was definitely so until I can get some time to really drive it and see. Reports in the G37 world are that people are definitely noticing improved response and the 5AT guys are swearing that the trans is shifting quicker, especially with paddle use, less delay. So, tomorrow, we'll see.

Anyone interested in a set should contact Black Betty from MyG37.com, his name is Jeremy. Here's his link:

Black Betty's Grounding Wires

Here's what my cables looked like.

Some install pics:

Old 08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
nice, but you paid 69 bucks for a few feet of 4 gauge??
you can buy that much for less than like 10 bucks http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster...y=KLMX%20Kable

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
nice, but you paid 69 bucks for a few feet of 4 gauge??
you can buy that much for less than like 10 bucks http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster...y=KLMX%20Kable
Plus measuring, plus the end terminals, plus the outside flex wrap...might be worth it just to buy the kit?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I'm very interested in your findings tomorrow.
Keep us posted!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
will do aeson.

and there's something to be said about not having to terminate the ends and get it all put together yourself. I don't have time for that crap. Not to mention, the terminals are professionally crimped, not your home crimp kit, not a big deal but it's nice that they're solid. I could've paid $30 more for Stillen's kit...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I know I'd be happy to drop $70 on something that's gonna get me a little more response.

Hey, have you gotten your pop-charger yet?
I'm ordering one very soon and I'm also interested in your experience with that as well.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
i'm trying not to expect anything with the grounding cables so if anything improves, I'll be super happy. for $69, its worth a shot.

on the jwt, i have not but am anxiously waiting.

there's one for sale on MyG37.com in the classifieds. member 'peterbanks' has one for sale. he bought it and was up high up in the group buy list but decided after getting it he didn't want it and now has it for sale for the group buy price. if you want one, you should check it out as your not going to find one that cheap later.i actually thought about buying it to just get one and then sell mine when I get it. i still might if someone doesn't pick it up.

on a side note, my GT Spec strut bar shipped...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Sold!

Thanks for the lead though.
Cheapest I've found so far is $315 + $10 shipping.
I missed the group buy.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
sold... crap. i just pm'ed him this morning i think and he said he had it. damn, sorry bro. guess i'll have to be the first sedan here with one...

Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 AM
Did you have to reprogram anything ? Homelink, radio stations, seat memory, etc ?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sredish
will do aeson.

and there's something to be said about not having to terminate the ends and get it all put together yourself. I don't have time for that crap. Not to mention, the terminals are professionally crimped, not your home crimp kit, not a big deal but it's nice that they're solid. I could've paid $30 more for Stillen's kit...
That's nice job..Sredish. +1 I would paid $69 for that. Stillen has cost too much.Keep us post.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
THanks. He also has a red outer flex, and a graphite or you can leave it off and save like $4 or $5. So, the 8 ga. for $55 then take off the flex, your at roughly $50...

Just drove 3 miles to the office and am now heading out for the day. I'd almost say there was a little more firmness in the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, little less lag but don't want to say anything right now, especially since the ECU has been reset.. I will when I get back and the puter learns some.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey sredish, after you reconnected you battery, did you have to do the window reset? I was on myg37 and they mention this a lot.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by beezy619
Hey sredish, after you reconnected you battery, did you have to do the window reset? I was on myg37 and they mention this a lot.
Yup. Window reset is necessary. Its an easy task. What I do hate though, is my seat memory being erased. I know you can save it to the I-key. Can I load up the saved profile from my I-key after the reset?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Definitly keep us posted on the successes of the grounding kit! $70 bucks is a steal for even a little throttle response!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grounding Wires Installed