V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Installed the KP autolock module this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank KP -- awesome product!!!

Can't wait to tackle the rearview tilt down module -- i miss that in the G' cuz the Acura TL has that feature and it's invaluable for curb rash avoidance.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
oh -- and guys -- based on KP's description of pin location, use THIS *.pdf file for specific location information at the BCM as this pdf was invaluable to me:

go to idatalink.com -- search vehicle 2007/8 G35 -- then choose the install directions for the idatalink module for the G35 and download the PDF... it has the EXACT pin numbering for the BCM (color and pin numbering is all spot on!) and is perfect for finding the door pin wire and 12 volt trigger wire. The actuator wires are EASY to find, they're at the left upper corner and are the thickest wires in that white plug -- (green, pink, violet, and brown).

Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
page won't load for me, too long of a response?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.idatalink.com/installguide.php

Click on G35/37 2007-up install guide...

site was temp down.. now it's up...

Old 01-18-2009, 12:55 AM
thanks

Old 01-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Anyone doing this can PM me or email for any help on this project, happy to help.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Love the autolock feature -- can't believe Infiniti doesn't offer it on the G...

So.. for $80, I installed KP's wonderful little module and now I have autolocks on my G... took about 2 hours total, installation was a bit pesky because the OEM wires at the BCM are challenging to get to and don't have much slack. Other than that, it was a bit tedious soldering to my right, as I'm right handed, but everything came out great.

Oh, and you'll need an SPDT relay (extra) b/c the relay pack only has 3 relays built in and you need to splice into 4 actuator wires (brown, green, violet, and pink).

Functionally, when ignition comes on, the doors lock in 6 seconds unless any door is open, then it aborts locking. When the car is shut off, the doors immediately unlock.

KP install module and relay pack: $80
Time to install: 2 hours
Convenience and safety of autolock for the wifey: priceless

Cheers

This is one thing I really miss on my G.. I had it on another car I used to have.. I wish it would have been an option on the G.. Maybe one day i'll get around to installing it in my car.. I just don't feel like tearing all of that stuff out yet..

Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by perrdave21
This is one thing I really miss on my G.. I had it on another car I used to have.. I wish it would have been an option on the G.. Maybe one day i'll get around to installing it in my car.. I just don't feel like tearing all of that stuff out yet..
The best part of this install is that ALL your connections are at the BCM directly behind the passenger kick panel -- the clips pop off very easily in a new car compared to a car that's a bit weathered in 1 to 2 years ..

If I had to do it again, it'd take me literally 30 minutes from removing the passenger kick panel to putting the passenger kickpanel back in place.
1) remove kick panel
2) locate all wires and test with voltmeter
3) cut the four actuator wires and tie into relay pack and extra relay
4) tie in doorpin, 12 volt trigger, and ignition wire
5) tie in ground and 12 volts constant

Done.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I did this, but I didn't do the extra relay because I don't want the back doors to unlock.... but I can't get the passenger door to unlock. I start car, all doors lock, I turn off drivers unlock. Voltmeter shows signal go into box, but not come out for the third set of wires. I did not use the brown wire as I assume it was for the rear unlock or do I need that one for the passenger unlock?

Old 02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
When you use the unlock switch at the driver's door, do all doors unlock?

Which twisted pair of wires are you using for passenger unlock? And are you sure you have the wires going in the right directions? ( i.e. black wire goes to BCM side and color wire goes to lock actuator side)

I assume you're using the relay pack, right?

which wire are you testing with the DMM (voltmeter)?

I actually (as per above) have it set up to unlock ALL doors on switching to OFF... so I didn't care which was the passenger unlock and which was the rear door unlock -- therefore i didn't test these specifically to determine which one unlocked which door.

lemme know ...