V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Installed the KP autolock module this weekend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed the KP autolock module this weekend

Love the autolock feature -- can't believe Infiniti doesn't offer it on the G...

So.. for $80, I installed KP's wonderful little module and now I have autolocks on my G... took about 2 hours total, installation was a bit pesky because the OEM wires at the BCM are challenging to get to and don't have much slack. Other than that, it was a bit tedious soldering to my right, as I'm right handed, but everything came out great.

Oh, and you'll need an SPDT relay (extra) b/c the relay pack only has 3 relays built in and you need to splice into 4 actuator wires (brown, green, violet, and pink).

Functionally, when ignition comes on, the doors lock in 6 seconds unless any door is open, then it aborts locking. When the car is shut off, the doors immediately unlock.

KP install module and relay pack: $80
Time to install: 2 hours
Convenience and safety of autolock for the wifey: priceless

Cheers

Old 01-16-2009, 11:11 PM
That is cool. I agree that Infiniti should have offered that as a option setting. Where did you get the product from (link)?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks PeterUbers. Does the kit come with wiring instructions (colors and locations)? I hate tracing wires, takes soooo long. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm seems hard to install with soldering and stuff.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Going to be doing this soon... can you take some pictures and something with more detail?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
+1^^^ post pics of the soldered wires please

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
that's one thing I find it strange when I can't find the preference to auto lock my G35 when I put into shift. Even my wife's 2006 4runner have it. Oh well.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I will snap a photo today of my work for you guys.

Soldering is a bit tight in that corner -- now, you can use T-tapes (scotch brand) if you'd like and many installers prefer this b/c there is no soldering involved.

You do have to literally CUT four actuator wires b/c you're are "5-wiring" them to integrate them into the doorlock module.

The kit does not come with wiring directions for the 2007/8 G35 (same as G35x and G35xS and G35S).

Here is the wiring colors -- everything is accessible at the BCM:

(Directly from KPierson, manufacturer of this module and my personal car installer hero):

The odd thing about the new G35s is that they actually have three unlock wires. This means to interface with the door locks you need 4 relays. We offer a relay pack that is
3 relays in one package designed for cars with a single lock actuator wire and two unlock actuator wires. With the use of our relay pack you only need one additional SPDT
relay to unlock the back doors.

Alternatively, if you don't want the back doors to unlock automatically when you shut the car off then you won't need the extra relay.

All the connections are made at the BCM in the passenger kick panel.

12vdc - White (Pin 1) at BCM - connects to KPtech red wire

Switched 12vdc - red (Pin 82) at BCM - connects to KPtech yellow wire

Driver unlock - Green (Pin 9) at BCM- Cut this wire and connect BCM side to black wire and actuator side to blue wire from KPtech relay pack.

Passenger unlock - violet (Pin 5) at BCM - Cut this wire and connect BCM side to black wire and actuator side to green wire from KPtech relay pack.

Rear door unlock - Brown (Pin 10) at BCM - Cut this wire and connect BCM side to Pin 87A of SPDT Bosch style automotive relay and connect actuator side to pin 30 of relay.
Connect pins 85 and 87 to 12vdc and connect pin 86 to green output wire of DL20.

Door Pin Input - Gray (Pin 150) at BCM - connects to KPtech orange wire (if using time delay mode - this prevents doors from locking if drivers door is opened when the
ignition is turned on).

Connect the red wire from the relay pack to the same place that the red wire from the DL20 is connected.
Connect the black wire from the DL20 and the relay pack to ground (chassis ground is recomended or use black wire at BCM)
Connect the blue wire from the DL20 to the single blue wire on the Relay pack
Connect the green wire from the DL20 to BOTH the single green wire and the single purple wire on the Relay pack as well as Pin 86 from the additional relay
(as mentioned above).

The short red wire on the DL20 can be left unterminated if you want the module to operate in "time delay" mode. This will cause the doors to lock ~6 seconds after the
ignition is turned on and unlock when the ignition is turned off. If this short red wire is connected permanently to 12vdc the doors will lock almost immediately upon
seeing 12vdc on the DL20 yellow wire. With the wire connected directly to 12vdc the module will NOT reference the door pin input before locking the doors.
=====================

Now I will make the following corrections (PeterUbers):
- the actuator wire colors are violet (lock), and pink, brown, green (unlock) ..and they are all in a white plug and are THICKER GAUGE wire (gauge equals thickness of the wire, the smaller the gauge, the thicker the wire -- for those who don't know) so you CANNOT MISS THEM. They sit in a row in the same white plug at the upper left corner of the BCM as you look directly at the BCM.

It is NOT hard to hunt for the DOOR PIN and 12 VOLT TRIGGER wires, nor is it hard to find the THICKEST wire, the white 12 volt power supply wire to the BCM that is on the black plug at the upper right corner of the BCM.

Ground is ALSO easily found as just below the BCM at the carpet interface with the metal chassis, you'll find about 10 black wires with copper circular heads all grounding to one point -- just tie in your ground wire to any of these wires.

Oh, to add a fourth SPDT relay, you can post or email me and I'll show you how to link that to the three relays in the relay pack.

KP also has a forum www.kptechonologies.com/forms where you can post to KP and he'll assist you with your install.

I'm also an active member of www.the12volt.com and I can help you with any remote starter or electronic car installs, etc.

Cheers

Old 01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I have pics -- anyone know a good place that can host my images?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I have pics -- anyone know a good place that can host my images?
You can signup at flickr.com (part of yahoo) and get 100MB of bandwidth/month for free. That means that you're allowed to upload only 100MB of pictures a month. If you don't want to go to that trouble, you can email them to me and I'll host them for you. Just PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Last edited by G35_OH; 01-17-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 PM
ok -- pics and a few descriptions -- sorry I didn't do a step by step .. didn't think to do a DIY.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34452320@N07/

Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM
This is awsome. Thanks for all the info and pictures. Every little bit helps.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM
thanks for stopping by! Glad to help

Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
If you zip the pics and email them to me I can host them and post them in the KPtech support forum.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed the KP autolock module this weekend