V36 Interior, Exterior & Lighting Interior & Exterior - Tech, Modifications, Lighting, Gauges and More

Heated seats and other stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated seats and other stuff

is there a recall for this? my mom always complains that its too slow and the bottom part does not get warm enough (on high), i feel that driver seat is slow also.. at least a good 5min before i even start to feel it.

my steering part/column? (the part that is movable), when i first bought the car i thought it rattled. but now i hear it as more of a creek....

also i can always hear a rattling/creek from passenger side, not sure if its the rear or the back. (its not the seatbelts/ or bottle in cup holder)

if i complain to the dealerr about this, what are my chances about them doing something about it?

anyone have similar experiences?

and i also recently got a rock chip..... what do i do?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think there is a recall on the seat warmers. But they do take forever to warm up, thats one thing I hate about the G. On my friends BMW they heat up in like 30 secs and get so hot that I have to turn them down, I'm so jealous. As far as rattles and creeks go, those are very common with G35s. I'm pretty sure that almost every G owner has experienced this problem before. You can take it to the dealer, but I'm pretty sure they'll just say it's normal, it's worth a try tho. You can get the rock chip repaired, but I suggest you do it before it gets worse. Because it'll cost a lot more to replace the whole windshield than it would to get it repaired.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:34 AM
yes i have a bmw also and its so comparable............ bmw gets hot fast, G sucks.
and by rock chip i meant paint chip T.T

Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Yup - heated seats aren't great in the G. Odd though, sometimes they really do heat up. I'm going to try turning them on, turning them off for a few seconds and then turning them back on. I really can't figure out why they work ok sometimes and not so great most of the time. My only thought is possibly the turning off then on so I'll try it.

In regard to the rattle from the passenger side - interesting - I just noticed this myself the other day. Driving me crazy but I can't find it. Thought it was the seatbelt - nope. Then a door panel - couldn't find it. Then the sunroof - hmmm, still can't find it. Brand new noise.

I will say though - for the steering wheel/display and this rattle - I BELIEVE they are cold weather related. Not 100% sure and we don't get them in my wife's Lexus but if you are in a cold climate you may find some squeaks or rattles due to the contraction of normally tight fitting components. If you ware in a warmer climate then this wouldn't be the case. I've only started noticing mine when the temps fell below 25 degrees or so.

Hope that helps.

Jay

Old 02-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by DigMy35x
Yup - heated seats aren't great in the G. Odd though, sometimes they really do heat up. I'm going to try turning them on, turning them off for a few seconds and then turning them back on. I really can't figure out why they work ok sometimes and not so great most of the time. My only thought is possibly the turning off then on so I'll try it.

In regard to the rattle from the passenger side - interesting - I just noticed this myself the other day. Driving me crazy but I can't find it. Thought it was the seatbelt - nope. Then a door panel - couldn't find it. Then the sunroof - hmmm, still can't find it. Brand new noise.

I will say though - for the steering wheel/display and this rattle - I BELIEVE they are cold weather related. Not 100% sure and we don't get them in my wife's Lexus but if you are in a cold climate you may find some squeaks or rattles due to the contraction of normally tight fitting components. If you ware in a warmer climate then this wouldn't be the case. I've only started noticing mine when the temps fell below 25 degrees or so.

Hope that helps.

Jay
+1

this was my first winter with my car, and i've only now started hearing a few rattles here and there in my car. in the morning you can hear them, but after a few minutes of driving the interior heats up and you can't hear it anymore. if i lived in cali or florida or somewhere hot, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't ever hear a rattle. actually, my sterring column seems to buzz slightly wen i go over bumps in the road. not rattle, just like buzz. can't seem to figure that one out, but it doesn't bother me much anyway, maybe i'll mention it to my dealer next time i go in.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 AM
digmy35x
for the new noise from passenger side i think it might be from the sunroof cover.
i heard the noise when the cover was slided back but noise is gone if the cover is closed

hopefully it wasnt a coincidence
test it out and let me know!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Have to agree regarding a cold-weather rattle. I started to hear a new clicking from the direction of the steering column, which went away after 10 minutes or so. Happened on 2occasions this weekend. Will ignore it, for now...