West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Frank Steeves... May God be with you.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frank Steeves... May God be with you.

my prayers with his family...omg,i am stun.i suppost to be at julian cruise yesterday and wanted to check out his tt ride.it's canceled because of rain.i can't believe how fragile life is... going back those pics i took at last meet,i found some with him in it..god be with him..

194262-f4.jpg

Old 02-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im very sorry to hear his lost... My condolences to his wife and family.

I met Frank Steeves about two years ago b4 I had the G35 coupe. Hes the owner of www.Cyclemall.net Thats when I just purchased my 2002 R1, I met him and bought a few parts from him for my R1. He was a very nice guy. Then we met again after I got the G35 coupe and he had his G35 sedan. We both loves sportsbike and our G35s. We talk everyday on aim (sn: Cyclemall) about how his sedan getting turbo-charged by greddy, step-by-step, day-by-day. Friday was the first day he got his sedan back from Greddy w/ turbo installed. I dunno if he was in his sedan or not. But was very sad that he never had a chance to test it out... He was excited to attent the next meet on 3/20/04 to show everyone his "World's First Twin Turbo G35 Sedan" He'll be missed...

This is his sedan: click here

And his one and only, very rare R7...

2WHEELIFE.com

Old 02-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Alumni****

this was taken from the orange county register:

Ladera Ranch man strikes pole in Irvine, dies
The Orange County Register

A Ladera Ranch man was killed when the car he was driving ran into a pole Saturday in Irvine.
Frank Thomas Steeves, 35, was driving a dark blue, four-door Infiniti west on Alton Parkway near Laguna Canyon Road, Sgt. Pat Hurtado of the Irvine Police Department said. The car went off the right side of the road and into a light pole at about 3 p.m.
The victim was taken to Irvine Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Officers are investigating the cause of the crash.

similar to the LA times excerpt, but this does state that he was in his g35 sedan.. like i said before, never met him, but i have read plenty of his posts and having lived in irvine for the past four years, this does hit me on a personal level.. be careful out there guys..

David
03.5 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium (7-14 ~ 12-10)
04 Ivory Pearl G35C 5AT Premium 18"

Old 02-23-2004, 12:31 AM

Hello all,
This is my first post here.
I dont even own a G35. I found my way to this board as I entered Frank Steeves name into Google.com
I live in Irvine and drove past the accident. According to the report in the OC register about the accident happening at 3pm I arrived at the scene about 25 minutes after it happened.
The entire west bound side of Alton pkwy was closed with 5 cop cars around the scene and they have yellow police tape up around a 100 ft area of the road. I saw this dark blue G35 sedan that had obviously hit this huge Traffic light pole. The car was up on the sidewalk and partially in the grass. The impact of the pole on the car was right around the drivers side front tire and the front of the door. It appears that they hit the pole sideways on the drivers side.
The impact was so powerfull that that side of the car was pushed inward at the firewall about 1.5 to 2 feet. As soon as we pulled up to it I knew that it was a fatal accident. Although the accident occured 1 half block from the Irvine Med center they were not able to save him. I stopped in at work (I work on that exact corner in the Irvine Med center vicinity) today, the day after and I was able to walk around the scene and there was glass and underbody plastic thrown a hundred feet down the road way and all over the sidewalk and grass. This is a 50 mph road and we have been having rain storms for the last few days. In the direction he was traveling the road has a mild curve that turns to the right. I am guessing that he came around that sweep and because of the rain he lost control. He must have been familiar with the area as his shop (cyclemall) is only a mile or two down the road. I dont want to bring up any thing inappropriate but I thought you guys might be interested in a little more information about the accident.
It saddens me that this happened and it hits home being so close to were I work/live, and it happening to an obvious car enthusiast like myself.
Take care everyone,
Evan

Old 02-23-2004, 12:37 AM

sorry to hear, may he rest in peace.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 02-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod

Thanks for your write up BadDsm. Thanks alot.

Old 02-23-2004, 02:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG! I remember him from the last meet. He was suppose to go with us last Saturday for the Julian cruise. We had to postpone it due to rain. Everyone going to the cruise was looking forward to seeing the twin turbo that he just installed in his car. This is truely a sad day my deepest sympathy and condolences to his family.

<font color=blue>04 CB COUPE / WILLOW / PREM PACK</font color=blue>

Old 02-23-2004, 02:48 AM

omg... My deepest condolences to his family...

i really wanted to check out his turboed G sedan... this is sad...

yeah please be careful you guys...

Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the write-up BadDSM.

Yeah I remember Frank too. He was an energetic, fun guy. I spent a lot of time talking to him at the last meet. The last time I saw him was when we left the meet on Azusa and I followed him down to his turn-off before continuing on to San Diego. It's strange how something like this makes you feel so mortal. We hear reports of 1 or 2 killed in car accidents all the time. We tend to take these reports for granted unless it's someone you can point to as an individual instead of as a statistic.

Condolences to his family and friends...

Old 02-23-2004, 10:00 AM

I cannot add any more weight to the sorrow and compassion of this thread for Frank and his family. This is just devastating news. I am the guy in the blue sweater sitting opposite Frank at that table, where we were talking about cars, bikes and kids. We spent hours on the phone talking about mods (Tein flex coil suspension with edfc, limited slip differentials, big brake kits, and forced induction options). On that ride we were nose to tail for most of the route. He even let Jason (who might weigh almost half as much as Frank if he filled his pockets with surplus car parts) drive his sedan.
He was a capable driver and this is a sobering thing for all of us.
My most sincere condolences and prayers go out to Frank and his family.

Cpe 6MT/Aero/Prem/ATI/RT cats/Borla hdrs-catbcks/Nismo flywhl-cltch/TS-ECU/Tein flex EDFC/Stillen sways

Old 02-23-2004, 11:06 AM

i too was at the last meet. didn't get to talk to him, but none the less this is a very upsetting news. my condolences to his family and all who knew him....very very sad news...

Bo
6M/T Coupe, DP/Willow, Premium

Old 02-23-2004, 11:26 AM

I just got back to the office... I left saturday around 4ish...

I found my IM window's open from saturday and had some messages that I did not close...

From Saturday Feb 21, 2004.

Cyclemall: so far
Cyclemall: XXXXXXXXXXX
Cyclemall: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Cyclemall: it's only noon
PerformanceNISMO: dope!!!!!!!
Cyclemall: XXXXXXXXX
Cyclemall: XXXXXXXXXX
Cyclemall: XXXXXXXXXXX
Cyclemall signed off at 1243 PM.
Cyclemall signed on at 1219 PM.
Cyclemall is idle at 149 PM.
Cyclemall is no longer idle at 155 PM.
Cyclemall is idle at 2:59:56 PM.

Jason
AIM: PerformanceNISMO
Yahoo: MyNISMOParts
http://www.performancenissanparts.com

Old 02-23-2004, 12:10 PM

Like everyone else, my condolences to the family and friends. Be careful everyone, especially in the rain.

04' G35S 6MT Ivory Pearl, Willow, Premium

Old 02-23-2004, 02:10 PM

I was shocked and deeply saddened when I received this news. Frank had many friends and influenced many people, not only in automotive circles, but also in the sport bike community. He was very charitible as well, and supported riders and bike events in So Cal. He leaves behind his little girl, his wife, family, and friends.

I am not involved in G35s at all, but I am an avid sport bike rider, staff rider for The Motorcycle Training Center and moderator for the R1-forum.com and mtctrackday.com websites. I registered here soley for the purpose of extending my sincere condolences to all who knew Frank. He will be greatly missed by many....

Here is a pic of Frank from the recent So Cal charity Toyride with Crash!Club (www.crashclub.net):

194561-Frank Steeves toyride pic.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Frank Steeves... May God be with you.