West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Bad transaction with Toy Box Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatever it is, can anybody hook me up with a job?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM
John, we provided your wife with all the information to the other member whos parts you purchased. She has refused to call the other member to discuss a resolution to the issue. We have also offered to sit down with the two of you and see if we could discuss the problem with the other member, us and you to reach a resoulution which your wife also declined.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rich, you have asked us to drive all the way over to Tempe, we live in Surprise. This means us taking time off from work when you have made it clear you will not refund us.

We have no need to call your friend. We didn't buy parts from your friend, we bought parts from you. You took the money in your hand and gave us the part. I will not listen to your excuse that you didn't sell us the parts. Please don't drag us into the issue between you and your friend.

I did not post this thread to argue with you back and forth, we have done that already through personal e-mail. I posted this thread to share my experience with Toybox Auto with other G owners.

You keep repeating the same thing over and over. It is plain and simple. you sold us defective parts and refuse to do the right thing to correct it.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I am posting the same thing over and over because it is the fact. You purchased the parts from another member, Toy Box Auto did NOT sell you those parts.

Just because the exchange of $$ took place at this location does not mean that you purchased the parts from Toy Box. If you had bought the parts from Toy Box Auto, a reciept would have been generated and you could have paid with a credit card.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by AZ350Z
I am posting the same thing over and over because it is the fact. You purchased the parts from another member, Toy Box Auto did NOT sell you those parts.

Just because the exchange of $$ took place at this location does not mean that you purchased the parts from Toy Box. If you had bought the parts from Toy Box Auto, a reciept would have been generated and you could have paid with a credit card.
When we spoke over the phone you never once said you were selling the parts for someone else. When I called you, you told me that you had a brand new pressure plate and disc that you would sell me. Sorry but I didn't hear anything about you selling it for someone else?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Well, this is the sticking point...I told you we had a clutch here from a customer car that he didnt use. I said I would call you back with a price after I spoke to him, which I did.

When you guys came down, you wanted to pay with the CC and I asked you to get cash because the part was not bieng sold by TBA, and we couldnt put it through our merchant account.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, this is the sticking point...I told you we had a clutch here from a customer car that he didnt use. I said I would call you back with a price after I spoke to him, which I did.

When you guys came down, you wanted to pay with the CC and I asked you to get cash because the part was not bieng sold by TBA, and we couldnt put it through our merchant account.
You did tell me that you had a clutch from a customer car that was new and not used. You didn't mention once on the phone that you were selling it for him/her? You never said the parts weren't being sold by TBA.

I'm done with this thread Rich. I guess it's obvious where you stand. I just find it hard to believe you guys (TBA) won't issue a partial refund or replacement pressure plate. I guess with the way the economy is now, everyone is nickel and dimeing.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok, I too am done with this. The clutch was new and the pressure plate was in perfect shape. You and I looked at it together.

Your basing all of this BS on the fact that the dealer told you the plate was bad. I doubt that very much.

To me, it is more an issue of principal. I tried to help you out and this thread is what I got in return. I even went back to the guy and asked him if he wanted to give you your money back.

$200 is not worth this thread, believe me.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Ok, I too am done with this. The clutch was new and the pressure plate was in perfect shape. You and I looked at it together.

Your basing all of this BS on the fact that the dealer told you the plate was bad. I doubt that very much.

To me, it is more an issue of principal. I tried to help you out and this thread is what I got in return. I even went back to the guy and asked him if he wanted to give you your money back.

$200 is not worth this thread, believe me.
This thread was posted so everyone would know my experience with TBA and that's it. I wish you guys nothing but the best. I will not being doing buisness with you guys in the future after this experience.

Take Care,

John

Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
*sighs* =/

Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone, I'm the owner of the part that was sold by Rich. So here's the third part of the story. I was asked by Rich how much I wanted to sell the clutch/pressure plate for as there was a guy at the shop interested in buying it. I didn't know the condition of the pressure plate as I hadn't seen it myself and told Rich to relay that to the buyer. I gave a price to Rich and he forwarded that to the guy. Rich got back with me and said the guy wanted to purchase the parts. Then Rich called me maybe a week later and stated that the customer was told by a different shop that the parts were bad and wanted a refund, which I denied as I had made sure the word got passed that I didn't know the condition of the parts. If there are ANY questions regarding this issue, feel free to PM me on here or on the local board (which most of you are apart of anyway).

-Seth

Old 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by CodeRed30
Hey everyone, I'm the owner of the part that was sold by Rich. So here's the third part of the story. I was asked by Rich how much I wanted to sell the clutch/pressure plate for as there was a guy at the shop interested in buying it. I didn't know the condition of the pressure plate as I hadn't seen it myself and told Rich to relay that to the buyer. I gave a price to Rich and he forwarded that to the guy. Rich got back with me and said the guy wanted to purchase the parts. Then Rich called me maybe a week later and stated that the customer was told by a different shop that the parts were bad and wanted a refund, which I denied as I had made sure the word got passed that I didn't know the condition of the parts. If there are ANY questions regarding this issue, feel free to PM me on here or on the local board (which most of you are apart of anyway).

-Seth
Thanks for coming on here and giving your story. I was originally told by Rich on the phone that he has a new pressure plate and disc for sale that came from a customers car. I wasn't told by Rich that he was selling it for a customer and that it was used (the pressure plate). Rich did mention it was used after I got to the shop to pick the parts up. I was told by the dealership that the pressure plate wouldn't let the car go into any gears. The dealership put the old clutch back in and the problem was solved.

The only thing I remember Rich telling me about the condition is that the disc was brand new and the pressure plate had 2500 miles on it, I was told this after getting to the TBA. If I were told that the pressure plate was used from the get go I wouldn't have purchased the parts being that I was only saving around $100 dollars, also I was never told that the parts may have problems.

Seth: Is the disc brand new or used?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I absolutely hate when my Z is down cause of various problems. Yeah the pressure plate was slightly used. I recieved it from another Z guy, but never actually saw it which is why I said I couldn't guarantee the condition of it.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
The easy thing to do would be to give him his money back. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do and would calm this thing down. Seth would be no worse off than before, however Toy Box has had their reputation stained and CodeRed is out the money and aggravation of having to remove and replace his clutch assembly twice.

Note to self: never by USED clutch components! They took them out for a reason.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad transaction with Toy Box Auto