West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Speed Trap Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Trap Warning

Took Kanan Rd from 101 to PCH Saturday afternoon. Passing everyone on the way. I was flying thru the canyons, pushing my sedan to the limits with a big grin on my face. Man my car sticks to the road. I never spotted one cop the whole way. I followed PCH north to Leo Carrillo campground which is about 10 more miles. Again, not one cop spotted.
I camped overnight with my family. Then we all decided to leave about 10:30 Sunday morning. I was first to leave campground. I hung a left onto PCH heading south. My daughter requested a specific CD so I was playing with the changer, not paying much attention to my speed. I came up a ridge & there he was, a Highway Patrol in the center divider at a complete stop. This can mean only one thing..RADAR!
I let off the gas (auto) & dropped my speed still unaware how fast I was going. Of course he made a U & pulled me over. Then 2 more cars pulled up behind him to chat! He wrote me up for 70 in a 65 zone even though it was really a 55 zone. He said he was giving me a brake.
Next shocker was when I resumed my return trip. I turned left onto Kanan & about 1/8 mile up the road where THREE cars pulled over receiving tickets. I encountered another near the end of the road with a radar gun on a Ferrari ahead of me. We both almost got cited, again!
Moral is, stay away from PCH & Kanan Sundays. I have never seen so many cops swarming one place in all the times & have made this drive. I also own a bike & have made this trip many times without incident. In retrospect, I should have taken Mulholland Hwy to Kanan. Might have saved me a ticket.
Does anyone think I have a chance fighting it as he wrote it up only 5 miles over the limit.
Thanks for reading this & watch out.

2004.5 DG 5AT SEDAN
Aero Sport Premium

Old 05-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Re: Speed Trap Warning

Yes, you have a 50/50 chance to win. I don't give breaks anymore, because when I did, people would take me to court anyways. Now I write for everything. No front plate, tint, speed, you name it.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Team Transport Member

Dude just pay it get if over with its not worth the hassel of fighting its not gonna be that much. I got one goin to mtn high like that it was like $130.

Sunday was a bad day a huge crash on STUNT RD. 2004 S4 went off the side of the clif about 200ft guy got airlifted might eb dead blood all over the car car is total so after that they shut down the cyn and cops were just sworming. but ya major cops out there now im out every sunday usually in the hills.

AJ (if u fight it good luck dude)

Old 05-26-2004, 10:51 PM

i know what u mean man..there are some people...who would never change unless u really punish them.......me for example...i never hit 130mph again after the cop pulled me over and called my parents (no ticket though)...