West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Possibly moving to Vegas within the next month.. need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Possibly moving to Vegas within the next month.. need advice

So my fiancee is in talks with a hospital in Vegas that wants us to relocate out there. Aside from paying her a ridiculous salary, she gets a huge sign on bonus and they will pay for us to move, paying our penalties to break our current lease here in WI.

The next step is waiting for them to call and have a phone interview with her and then possibly flying us out there to check out the area(Ive never been west of St Louis but Ive pretty much been everywhere east of the Mississippi)

We are currently searching for houses. Just seeing the low prices is astonishing. The houses out there are about a third of the price they would be here in the midwest and Ive always heard the midwest has the most bang for your buck when it comes to properties.

We're looking at spending no more than $200k on a house.
Is that an ok price for out in Vegas?

Basically my only stipulation is that it has a 3 stall garage. Not looking for a mansion but also dont want a sh;thole. I enjoy doing home improvement so things we dont like inside I can change. We've been on remax.com and realtor.com and see a lot of short sales, trying to stay away from foreclosures.

Also what areas should we avoid?
What are some nice areas to look for a house?

Her workplace would be just west of the strip off of I95. My buddy used to live there and said the traffic isnt as crazy as LA or NY but it can get bogged down at times. I have no problem driving 15-20 mins to a job

Last edited by G2FLIP4; 01-21-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:48 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Spring Valley or Summerlin.

Henderson has some nice areas and some very bad areas.

I'd avoid anything north of the 93/515

I could be wrong about Northwest Vegas. I haven't been in that area for years

Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just bought a house out here so I can school you a bit if you already haven't been....Summerlin, 7 hills area in Henderson, and Southwest Las Vegas near Red Rock.... Northwest Vegas is not bad, it is actually a very newly built area and very nice...You will get a lot of jet noise from Nellis AFB,(most new houses have sound deadening material installed) but other than that, you should be able to find and awesome house for 200K. I bought a 2500 sq ft home here for 130 last year, and it needed no upgrades....granite counters, 24 inch tile downstairs,carpet upstairs, 4 br 3 bth..those are pretty common on this side of town and are selling for around 5k more than what I paid right now. For what you are spending, you should be good. Aliante is also a good place, but depending on what hospital she works at she may want to move near it. The biggest issue with Vegas is that home builders are popping up these brand new privatized communities with all the amenities you can think of, but they will be built next to a not-so-great neighborhood(i.e; a trailer park or public housing).ANYTHING WITHIN A 4 MILE RADIUS OF THE STRIP IS TERRIBLE!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER!!!!lol...hope you get this before it's too late...Good Luck!!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.......and a three stall garage should be no problem out here; trust, you will be getting your moneys worth out here...