West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Worst Experience at DISCOVER INFINITI !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst Experience at DISCOVER INFINITI !!!!!!

A week ago I posted how I went to Discover Infiniti in Escondido, CA to have a my 3750 mile service done, but instead they damaged my car (sedan) by hitting it on the lift post. Had to replace bumper, new paint job, and grill, etc...I got my car back the other day after being in the shop for a week and I want to express my view on the situation..First of all, these guys are such a jerks...Both the President of the company, Don Preston, and the service manager, Michael Bonnello....they were very rude with me during this time, didn't offer any sort of formal apologies for damaging my car, and to top it off no compensation of any kind. The service manager told me "why should we give you anything at all"..and said "we fixed your car at our expense" and "there would be no evidence of it being in the shop" and "that it's only a replacement no repair" etc..what kind of Infiniti service is that...and this was the same place where I got my car from too..I'm very disapponted and somewhat mad at how I was treated..I'm planning on writing to Infiniti Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau. People need to become aware of the type of fools that are out there running some of these establishments...Well I'm not taking my car to them anymore that's for sure..and if anyone else is in the San Diego area, be warned of this type of service...If you can avoid them at all cost.

Old 12-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Re: Worst Experience at DISCOVER INFINITI !!!!!!

so where are you gonna get it serviced ?

they own all of the ones in the county

Old 02-01-2003, 03:33 AM

i'm thinking about getting mine serviced 2.5 hours away (at the Infiniti dealership i bought it from). i agree that Kearny Mesa and Escondido Infiniti's suck hardcore! the guy at Kearny was completely ignorant about 6MT's and everyone at Escondido was rude and stuck-up. no one there even attempted to talk to me. i had to be the one to come up to them and even then the guy i spoke with was rude and didn't seem to care about selling the car to me. "love the car...hate the service"

Old 02-01-2003, 03:45 AM

Do any of you know how much the company values the customer surveys? I know that there were some dealers/salesmen that read the forums. It seems that at the Infiniti I bought my G35 from really puts weight on it. I'm planning on being 100 percent honest which doesn't necessarily bode well for my salesman. I was even thinking about sending some of the e-mails to Infiniti to show what an idiot he is.

I know that we've all got an incredible car but I honestly can't say that I would recommend dealing with Infiniti to my frieneds,

Old 02-01-2003, 04:10 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why paint all Infiniti dealers with the same brush? There's many more good than bad out there.[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]
My dealer gets feedback from Infiniti about the serveys and appraisals and cares a lot about his 'rep'. It shows when his staff deal with customers[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Tell it like it is. It's the only way to improve on substandard service.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 02-01-2003, 11:19 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

yeah i agree with GSM... not all dealerships are the same because they are owned by different people/companies and obviously some are run differently from others..... i love my dealership because they are never too busy to talk to you, even if they have customers they will drop everything and come talk to you, i love it
This is in michigan,
I have been to a couple dealerships in LA, and i must say that they had TERRIBLEEEEEE service
if you are in LA, there are like 10 infiniti dealerships there, so you should "shop around" so to speak...goodluck

<font color=blue>-Rambo</font color=blue>
All your base are belong to us!

Old 02-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that does suck......my dealership gave me a free oil change, free complementary token items, and re-prepped and buffered and whatnot my car because it came with a few minute swirl marks on the paint

www.ironpumping.com
^^Bodybuilding Made Simple

Old 02-03-2003, 11:52 AM

Fellas,

Do not go to Miller Van Nuys, those guys wouldn't even let me test drive a G35 c, but as I was leaving, they let some old guy test drive it. Also, they wanted to give me pennys on the dollar for my trade in. And to top that [censored] up, they also wanted me to buy their 8 k rims that they already had on the coupe. That same day I drove to Thousand Oaks, and as I arrived the truck had just dropped off a load of G35 c's, one of which I bought without any problems.

Old 02-03-2003, 03:04 PM

I think that it's going to take awhile for Infiniti dealers to realize that the new G35 coupe is going to attract a younger group of serious buyers. I think right now they are not used to younger buyers coming in and automatically assume we are not serious.

03 CB G35 Coupe - on order 1/30/03

Old 01-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Yup, I Can Agree That Kearny Mesa Has A Bunch Of Dingbats Working Their Service Dept.. They Refused To Repair My Grossly Loud Breaks Until I Threatened To Write To The Company---they Sold Me Such A Nice Car But They Cant Force Me To Put Up With Their Incompitance!

Old 01-18-2005, 04:26 PM
onG
I bought my car from Discover Escondido as well. The experience was, hands-down, the worst car buying experience I have ever had. Please fill out any/all questionaires they have. Be sure to put names/titles in any comments section. I was told my terrible buying experience would only reflect the salesman, I'll be sure to include the sales manager and GM, as these people played an active part in my situation. I was blantantly lied to, etc...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=disappeared

BTW, I never did get the loaner car.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Miller Infiniti would not let me test drive either. I was 30 at the time but probably looked a few years younger than that. For the record, their service department does a good job and some of their loaners are nice. But I bought my car elsewhere.

I do have to say that I am fully surprised at the number of crap dealers Infiniti has. $30K+ to drop down on a car is no small sum of money. You would think that the dealers would all give respect to their customers.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:43 PM
I suggest you try Hoehn Infiniti in Carlsbad. They have always been very cool. Very professional and polite.I have had my car for over a year and have never had anything but a great experience. Give them a try before traveling to Kearny Mesa. It's alot closer if you live in North County.