West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..

I called up the Infiniti Dealership in Thousand Oaks today to make sure they had the car i wanted in stock (DG coupe with Nav and Premium) They said yes and told them to hold it for my cuz i was on my way to buy it. i fought my way through two hours of traffic (10, 405, 101 freeways) to get to the dealer only to find out they "sold" it. They instead had one that had splash guards, side molding, aero, and sirius radio. I asked if they would take off the uneccessary overpriced add-ons or all least not charge me for them since i drove all the way out here. After about 20 minutes of negotiation they would only deduct $140 for the side moldings. F.*ck i was pissed, they assured me that the car would be there when i got there but instead they wanted me to pay for the overpriced add-ons.

Looks like they are gonna get a visit from my bb gun...hehe...

I hope the rest of you had better luck looking for your car.

BTW, i've been lurking around this forum for the last two weeks. I'm in the Market for a Diamond Graphite on Graphite interior, 6MT with Nav and Premium. None of that other junk. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..

They are jerks. The salesman got pissed that I did not want to purchase the car that day right there after test drive. Iintended(and did purchase) a G35 Coupe that week. But not from them.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:17 AM

Guess the words out on Thousand Oaks, eh?

There are two types of customers....
Customers and No Customers!

The messed with the worng group...do you know how many people come to this site before purchasing a G?

Well, neither do I - so I'm gonna post a poll if I can figure it out! But a lot of us used this site and the recommendation of out brother and sister G owners to make our decision,..can I get an Amen?!

Find out who owns T.O infiniti (penske? independent?) and tell the GM that you were not happy...and neither are the G35driver.com readers! The go buy it from MV or Tustin! (but shop them via email first!! - see my posts somewhere in here on that!)

cheers, ted

'03 Sedan 5a: Silver/Graphite, Premium, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
SolarGard Quant. Tint 19% r, 28% fr, & just a tad more than 4" of 50% on the windshield

Old 09-12-2003, 01:46 AM

hey G35 Hunter,

sorry to hear about car dealers up to their old dirty tricks again. i emailed darin osborn from costa mesa infiniti, and copied and pasted your message to him. i asked him if he could find the car that you were looking for. he really helped me locate exactly what i wanted when i was purchasing a car, b/c i wanted really specific things as well. anyways, or maybe you can call him directly.
Darin Osborn
Internet Sales Manager
Email: OsbornD@autonation.com
Phone: 714-241-1300 x 349
Fax: 714-241-0910

ps. dont worry im not getting any commission or kickbacks if you buy a car from him. i just think he's a cool guy that will work with you to find what you want.

2003.5 sedan - Silver/Graphite, Sport, Aero, Bose, Sunroof, & 1 defunct air freshener..

Old 09-12-2003, 06:12 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the support...reading over my post i realized i have made many grammar mistakes...I had to vent...

I talked to Glendale Infinity and their sales manager Chris said they were expecting to get a G35 coupe with the options i wanted in 2-4 weeks. I'm gonna go down there tommorrow and put down a $1000 deposit. Thanks for all the help.

BTW, This is the first car ever where i've had to pay MSRP, but IMO it's worth it!

Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM

at the very most, you need only give them a $500 deposit. And you can put it on your credit card so that if they F-up, you can cancel that authorization!!!

-T

SolarGard Quant. Tint 19% r, 28% fr, & just a tad more than 4" of 50% on the windshield

Old 09-12-2003, 10:12 AM

Don't forget to shop around via email while waiting the 3-4 wks for that car. You just never know.. there could be a hungrier dealer out there....and a deposit is not a sale.

Tustin took a deposit from me in order to locate and transfer a car from MV to Tustin. I put it on the credit card. Turns out they never even charged/autho'd the card. They just wanted to see if I was serious.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:23 PM

FYI: This is the reply that I received from CM Infiniti...

Thank's Albert......but all I have for 6m/t is blk on graphite premium only $35,515.00 plus tax and license or is he wanting an automatic?
Have a brilliant silver w/graphite leather, premium, automatic, and navigation.....$36,415.00 plus tax and license
Darin

Hope this helps you, at the very least, to compare prices with Glendale..

2003.5 sedan - Silver/Graphite, Sport, Aero, Bose, Sunroof, & 1 defunct air freshener..

Old 09-12-2003, 03:14 PM

Thanks again to everyone.

SoCalTed, I'll be writing that check today to let them know i'm dead serious about getting this car. They've already told me they won't cash it or anything. They'll call me once the car comes in and i'll have 24hrs to decide if i want it, otherwise i get my check back.

Albert, I appreciate the help. Those prices seem to be sticker for what options he listed. I'm pretty much ready to pay sticker for the car, unless of course i want the black one from Santa Monica. It's a fully loaded black on graphite 6mt for $37,000 plus tax and licensing. I'm really holding out for the Diamond Graphite though!! The anxiety is killin me!

Looking for a DG on Graphite 6MT, Nav and Premium only in Los Angeles area.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Riverside Infinity they will be getting shipments either 2nd or third week of Sept. might be able to put a hold on the color you want. They tried so hard to earn my business but they just don't have the car that I wanted. They said they would reserve the car that will be arriving within this month. Just like you I just had to have the car that weekend. If I let that weekend go without me buying the car the wife would have change her mind and said let's just get the piano that she wanted LOL. Anyways, I'm not sure what kind of deal you want but they are willing to work with you. I will be honest with you though they won't go below sticker price. I had a trade in a 2003 Acura TLS and they were the only dealer that was getting it for more than what it was worth. Everybody else offered 23k for the car they were getting it from me at 24300 just so i can take the car that they have in the lot or even the one that they want to reserve me. Point is they are willing to work with you. I was there yesterday to buy something in the parts dept. I saw 1 silver, 2 reds, 1 Twilight Blue with 19 inch rims on it sticker is 41k, and a 1 Carribean Blue. I don't know if any of these colors even interest you, but that's what I saw.

Goodluck and happy hunting for the G35 C that you want.

04 G35 Coupe Caribbean Blue with Prem pack

(I got this car from Carlsbad Infinity they had a ton of coupes that weekend but was all gone by the time I p/u my car from service 2 nights ago)

<font color=blue> </font color=blue>

Old 09-12-2003, 06:27 PM

I didn't have a good experience buying from Santa Monica. Too long of a story to get into here. Suffice to say they tried to jerk me at even turn in the deal. I would avoid Advantage Infiniti.

Chris

'04 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite/ Graphite
Prem/Sport/Areo

Old 09-12-2003, 07:01 PM

yeah dude, i wasn't aware the the coupes are selling like hotcakes now.. so from a consumer's standpoint, i guess its really difficult to talk the price down. but just remember one thing, and i always, always told my sister this when she went to go buy her audi a month ago, is be sure not to act too desperate in wanting the car, it lessens your bargaining power when they know you want it bad. and also b/c you may think there's only 1 car out there and only the dealership you went to has it, but do your homework and im sure you can find another one. trust me the dealers want your business and they will listen to you, and if they don't, then don't go to them and tell us about your bad experiences with them on this site!

good luck!
~ al

Old 09-12-2003, 08:50 PM

uuummm ..... hmmmmm...

Sedans rock!!!!!!

No sticker here baby!!!!!!!

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

oops, did I say that out loud??

Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 PM

remind the dealer that 20% of 0 is 0.

if you can wait, wait. You can get your car... just play hard ball. When it comes down to it, especially on 9/29...they can either sell a car that somebody else will, or they can check out your @ss as you exit the parking lot. Go talk to the fleet dept, sit down, wear sunglasses and let them know you are their next customer at the right price.

business is business. but there is no business without customers.

I was told by a BH dealer that I could not get the car I wanted for less than sticker. I told him he sould sell the car or not. When it came down to it, he said that if I was buying TODAY my under MSRP, but reasonalbe deal would be accepted. he was jerk trying tosell me some really ugly rims with thepackage, so I walked and went to Tustin.

Don't pay sticker... you really don't have to.!!!

Old 09-13-2003, 02:00 AM

agree, agree with socalted!

instead of visiting all the dealers, email them either through edmunds.com or the infiniti website, that will save you alot of time and bullsh*t. or contact the internet sales departments or fleet sales directly at these dealerships. they ususally have more flexibility to close a deal than if you walked in and haggled with the sales hawks. make the dealers fight for your business. set a max price that you will pay and then subtract $500 (or any other amount) from it, and tell the dealers thats the price that you are willing to pay, at least that will give you some wiggle room. If the dealer is good, they'll work with you to get your business, if not then walk away, youre under no obligation to sit thru their sucker pitches. anyways thats my two pennies..

or you could just get a sedan, and be just as cool, like me and socalted!

~ al

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bait and Switch by Thousand Oaks..