Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Posting pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Posting pics

The "Volk Rims" post gave me an idea. What if we had a thread designated only for pics of all kinds of rims but for each color? When you go looking for rims for your car you can click on the thread for your color G (coupe & sedan, no need to separate) and see all types of rims on your particular color. Posts could be limited to one good pic of the entire car and info (model, size, tires, where you bought them, price, etc).

I'm shopping around right now and I've been looking through all of the old threads just trying to find one or two pics. After I finally find a thread with pics it's the wrong color G. I figured I couldn't be the only one doing this so it might help other people.

Moderators what do ya think?

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 12-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Posting pics

Hey kind of like what they got on my350z.com with the collection of rim pics and whatnot, I like that idea... It allows people to look up rims and accessories by category, style and or type. I'm down for such an area and or post...

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 12-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the gallery over at My350Z.com is a great resource. It let's users create their own galleries. The problem with creating post galleries like we do over here at G35Driver is that they drift away after awhile forcing people to search for stuff. I think the program they use over there is called "Gallery" it's a great freeware program. We're using on our intranet, it's very stable and it has tons of features. It would be great if they started using it here. Hey--any moderators types you listening? I can even get my IT guys to offer some advice on setting it up if you need some help. Here the link to the FREE software.

<a href="http://gallery.menalto.com">Gallery</a>

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT Diamond Graphite / Graphite
Performance | Premium | Aero | Clear Bra | Zaino!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Hellboy on 12/11/03 10:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to check that site out, haven't been there yet. We could try to get the mods to keep them up top like they do with other posts.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, PS2, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 12-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I though of that too. The only thing with that is that a moderator has to be involve every time a new one gets added and pretty soon you got a long list of stickies before any of the active posts show up. That's why I think the Gallery program might work out better, IMHO.

Oh, and with Gallery ppl can add comments and keyword searches are possible.

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT Diamond Graphite / Graphite
Performance | Premium | Aero | Clear Bra | Zaino!

Old 12-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Ducatiguy, change your picture in your signature already!!! Sport them new wheels man, getting tired of those OeM wheels at the bottom of your posts

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int. Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium.