Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Why did I wait so long? - VOLK PICS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why did I wait so long? - VOLK PICS!

Well, after months of shopping around, I finally made up my mind and went ahead in ordering a set of Volk SF Winning rims in Gun Metal. It's by far the best decision I have ever made in terms of wheels, as these babies are sweet! The construction and attention to detail is unsurpassed! Love em!

The wide and low footprint of the wheels in combination with the cars lowered stance thanks to a set of Sprint 1.75" spring, and stiffened up NISMO front and rear sway bars, this is now one mean handling machine!

So for those of you contemplating on which brand wheel to get, and if you can budget the Volks, I highly recommend them! They're worth the big bucks! I'll get some more pics and post them in the wheel section of g35driver.com once the weather clears up...

Volk SF Winning in Gun Metal
Front: 19x8.5" (+25 offset) w/ Nitto NT555 245/35
Rear: 19x9.5" (+29 offset) w/ Nitto NT555 275/30
Rays Valve Stems and Caps
McGuard Spline-Drive Locking Lug Nuts

My GTP Carbon Fiber hood will be in Tomorrow (Friday the 12th). I'll get some pics of that as well, once I get it on later this weekend. It's the first one they're shipping out, so we'll see how it looks and fits...

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why did I wait so long? - VOLK PICS!

Sick, man. Just sick!

Old 12-11-2003, 03:13 PM

this is the first car with stillen lip that i actually like. good job

Old 12-11-2003, 03:38 PM

They look awesome (especially with gunmetal). Congrats. Volks are at the top of my list and I am saving now. With NE winter I can't put them on until spring anyway (I won't drive the G most of the winter anyway). Look forward to other pics....

04 G35c DP/Willow, aero, prem, guards......

Old 12-11-2003, 03:57 PM

Hey Ducatiguy,

First off, I love it.... I too have the black 6MT coupe and I first saw these wheels a little back and fell in love with them right away. If I could afford them, I would get them now.... However, I think that I want coilovers first....

Do you know how much each rim weights? I know that you upped yours to 19"s, so that adds a little weight, but maybe still less than the stock 18"s, which weight about 25 pounds each....

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson

Old 12-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

I dont know how much the weigh alone, but i did weigh them with the tires mounted and balanced along with the stock rims and pilots, here's what I posted just a few days ago:

The stock wheels with the stock Pilot tires weighed in at 48.5 lbs for the front and 49.4 lbs for the rear.

The Volks with the Nitto's weighed in at 49.2 lbs for the front and 52.5 lbs for the rear.

Not too shabby considering the Volks are a 19" two-piece rim. Anyone else have their rim weight specs?

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 12-11-2003, 04:24 PM

Thanks Ducatiguy.... I was looking at getting these rims a little down the line, but sticking with the 18" wheel (big enough and lighter than 19"s) and getting a suspension that is lowered about an inch or so. The suspension has to come first though because I don't like the amount of lean that this car has around the corners. Good luck with your rims....

What is your next mod?

Here's to alcohol : The cause of ... and answer to all of life's problems.

- Homer Simpson

Old 12-11-2003, 07:20 PM

Lookin' good! But how can you possibly be happy with your great looking new wheels when you gained a whopping 3.8 pounds of additional weight? That's going to slow you down about .0000003 of a second in the 1/4 (I did the math)! Gaining weight is an absolute travesty, since we all know the G35 is a *****-out pure race car, and adding ANY additional weight throws off the micrometer-precise handling and countless hours of R&D. Anything that adds weight is the enemy, even if it makes your car feel better to the driver, or heaven forbid look better. How can you live with yourself?!?!?

Ivory Pearl/Premium/Xenon/

Old 12-11-2003, 07:32 PM

Hey Ducati!!!
Welcome to the SF Winning Club!!!
Too bad you don't live near me...then we could swap wheels for a bit of a change in color every once in a while LoL

The look just as nice in gunmetal!
Congrats!!!!

Old 12-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod

hahaha. SF challenges coming up for me! Sedan. I am going the same setup i think but the offsets of course are going to be a little difference. ORdering them next week! I will join the volk family soon!

Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 PM

Simply beautiful... I'm getting a set of those for my sedan as well. How can I not?

heh.. how about a quick photochop..

Old 12-12-2003, 01:27 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

Gaklid - Well I figured this would come up so in order to combat the added 3.8 lbs to my G and the amount of power loss that will result from it, I removed the owners manual from the car, did away with the rear floor and trunk mat, removed the cig lighter, and took off my engine cover. I think all that balanced everything out - LOL.......

Oh and lastly, I now never fill the gas tank more than 3/4.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:02 AM

To combat the extra weight of my 20's, I plan to add 23 stickers (scientifically positioned to add mega rwhp), poke a hole in my muffler and go on the atkins diet. Then maybe I'll be fast again - or not. Until then I just turn my nitrous on, smoking all of these G's with ultralightweight 17's. HAH!

Those wheels look sweet!

Old 12-12-2003, 03:16 AM

let me know how the gtp hood works out. are you getting the trunk also? they called me and told me it was in.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Premier Dough Slapper

I heard they had a trunk too, I wanna see how the hood looks and fits, then I'll think about the trunk...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did I wait so long? - VOLK PICS!